Site irregularities, seemingly on Firefox.

franzlska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

In the past couple of months, I've noticed that livestream pages don't load chat anymore. Additionally, Infinite no longer loads the list of recently played videos, and many actions on the wiki pop up an unknown server error message, sometimes refusing to load the sidebar, even though edits can still be made mostly as normal.

Observed behavior on Firefox | Expected behavior, seen in the Steam web browser

Infinite Console Outputs: 1, 2

• Browser: Firefox 103.0.2
  • Extensions: Behavior persists with all extensions fully disabled.
permanentsigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By permanentsigh

I can replicate this if I open Infinite in a private window in Firefox but otherwise everything works as normal if I go to it in a regular window. (Firefox is my main browser.)

franzlska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@permanentsigh: Huh! Good catch!

I'm used to doing things in private windows, so I didn't think to check for that, but you're totally right, non-private works totally fine. (At least where infinite is concerned, the wiki still pops up random errors.)

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can also confirm this happening to me, as firefox is also what I'm using. 🤔

why is this (mostly) happening on firefox though, I wonder.

psykus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By psykus

Do you guys have Strict Tracking Protection turned on? I noticed it's on by default for Private Windows in Firefox.

I have it on globally and I think I ended up making an exception for Giant Bomb a while back after it was causing similar issues and haven't had any issues since.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

@psykus said:

Do you guys have Strict Tracking Protection turned on? I noticed it's on by default for Private Windows in Firefox.

I have it on globally and I think I ended up making an exception for Giant Bomb a while back after it was causing similar issues and haven't had any issues since.

I've also noticed being behind a VPN can cause the site to break, chat to not load, or videos not to play correctly, so there very much might be something to this.

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psykus said:

I've also noticed being behind a VPN can cause the site to break, chat to not load, or videos not to play correctly, so there very much might be something to this.

Interesting, I do use a VPN occasionally, but I wasn't using it that time whne I experience the buggy behavior.

Though I do think that maybe the enhance tracking protection may have something to do with it before, but now even though I haven't turned it off, the buggy behavior hasn't happened since. 🤔