Something fishy with the Upcoming times

fledeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was just scrolling down the front page and noticed that the times in the Upcoming box are peculiar.

PokemonDay Night Combat! is showing that it will be at 12:30am today. There is no such time as 12:30 am. Anything after 12:00 is pm. But I’m guessing it actually should be displaying 00:30 which is not today, its tomorrow. I realise GB runs on a 12 hour clock rather than a 24 hour one, but it still doesn’t make sense that it’s showing as today when it’s just not possible without bending the space time continuum or using a time machine.

No Caption Provided

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Efesell  Online

Acknowledging that the site uses a 12 hour clock and also claiming there is no such time as 12:30am is deeply confusing.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#3  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I think it has been reported previously that for some reason the "tomorrow"/"today" stuff does not use your local time zone despite the actual time listed doing that, so it switches "tomorrow"/"today" based on PST while the 12:30AM stuff is shown in your local time, which gets really confusing for times when it's past midnight for you, but not for the site. So for example for EU users in the CET time zone, it switches the "today"/"tomorrow" line 9 hours after the actual change of day.

I think the engineers acknowledged the bug in another thread, so I hope it'll get fixed soon.