Spoiler blocked posts seemed to have been excised after the redesign dropped...again

mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By mezmero

If you've made a post containing a Spoiler Block before the recent design change then both the block and everything you've written within it has been deleted. This isn't the first time this has happened, I recall the big site overhaul like a year or so ago did this exact thing. So if this is going to continue to happen upon subsequent redesigns then site users need to be notified or heck just get rid of the spoiler block format in comments field because it'll serve no purpose with this sort of bug.

They don't show up on my PC setup (Firefox on Windows 8) nor on the Dolphin browser on my phone so I have to assume it is a widespread site issue and not an OS issue.

Rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2 Rorie  Staff

@mezmero: Can you link me to a post that used to have a spoiler block? I can see if we can retrieve that info.

mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I guess the first one I noticed looking through my forum history is page 89 in the Anime Thread, post #4442 in the public feed I had a spoiler block on the bottom of my post. I'm seeing some omissions in posts I made in the wrestling thread as well though those will be a bit harder to track down considering that clicking on a post in your history won't shoot you to the page and post like it use to.

Rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4 Rorie  Staff

@mezmero: OK, it looks like the text is still there (if you edit the post); I'll see if I can get them restored.

mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that you point it out you're right, but that's still so weird man. There are theoretically dozens if not hundreds of spoiler blocks in my history that collapsed in this way during the transition in site design. And like I mentioned in the OP this happened to posts after another big redesign like a year or so ago and I'm mostly worried that this will continue to happen.