The drop down menus on the top bar are still infuriating.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey,

I made a post about this about a year ago but can't seem to find it, but the problem still remains. When I hover over my username to get to that drop down bar, it takes me (I am not joking) about 10-15 tries to actually make it work. I don't know why it disappears so quickly, but its impossible sometimes to get to my profile, or even access the forums

Is there a work around for this?

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So I just played around with this.. I find that if you hover over your name/avatar and then move the mouse diagonally down-left (like you logically would to reach the menu options), the menu will disappear. But if you move the mouse directly downwards first, and then left towards the options, the menu will stay open. Does this work for you? I'm using Chrome.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peffy: It looks like that's because the box for your profile stuff actually starts just under the black navigation bar. The only part that connects is the little chunk under the little orange line that appears when you hover over your picture.

permanentsigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By permanentsigh

Reposting what I said last time, maybe the devs can do something about it:

When it comes to the bell menu, you easily lose the dropdown because the hoverable area is tiny. You have a 16px wide space space that your mouse pointer needs to stay in while you move it down to the dropdown.

I just added a larger width value to the container around the bell icon via my browser inspector and the experience of moving my mouse over it and going down the dropdown menu was far more pleasant.

Another fix would be to add a text label next to the icons to add the width. So you'd have Avatar - Username | Bell icon - Notifications | Speech bubble icon - Messages. There is more than enough space in the navbar for something like that.

No Caption Provided