Unable to play videos from WebOS TV Browser

b33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It has worked in the past but I'm not sure if it ever worked in the current design of the site.

I click the play in the site and nothing happens (the download dropdown does nothing also). I can navigate the rest of the site just fine.

The browser has the following user agent:

5.0 (Linux; NetCast; U) AppleWebKit/537.31 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.122 Safari/537.31 SmartTV/7.5

Is this expected since the browser is running an outdated version of chrome/webkit?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@b33 said:

It has worked in the past but I'm not sure if it ever worked in the current design of the site.

I click the play in the site and nothing happens (the download dropdown does nothing also). I can navigate the rest of the site just fine.

The browser has the following user agent:

5.0 (Linux; NetCast; U) AppleWebKit/537.31 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.122 Safari/537.31 SmartTV/7.5

Is this expected since the browser is running an outdated version of chrome/webkit?

How long has this not been working for you?

phello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi,

This has been happening recently to myself as well. I have a lg oled and the browser wont play any of the videos anymore. It started happening around a month ago. I assumed it was the browser issue so factory reset the tv but the problem still persists. Would be great if could get it working again as it was really handy.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@phello said:

Hi,

This has been happening recently to myself as well. I have a lg oled and the browser wont play any of the videos anymore. It started happening around a month ago. I assumed it was the browser issue so factory reset the tv but the problem still persists. Would be great if could get it working again as it was really handy.

There's a bug in for this but fixing it will depend on being able to replicate it, I suspect. I'm not sure who has an LGos TV around here but hopefully someone does!

phello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Thanks for getting back, I have an LG OLED and bought it around the same time staff at giantbomb got some 4k TV's. I could be wrong but I think I remember Dan saying he bought one and that Brad had the same. Let me know if you want me to check anything.