Unable to post replies: "recaptcha: ERROR: This value is not a valid captcha."

ArcusFolia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ArcusFolia

MOD EDIT: This is a known issue. See here for more info and possible workaround: https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/captcha-error-issuetemporary-workaround-1815301/#1

---

Hello,

I apologize for creating this topic (especially since it is my first message on your forums), but I am unable to post replies to any forum thread or to add comments to news. Everytime I try to post a reply, the following message appears:

"recaptcha: ERROR: This value is not a valid captcha."

However, I don't see any "reCAPTCHA" invite window on the page, thus preventing me from posting altogether. The only exception I found is for creating topic, as the recaptcha is visible and can be completed.

I tried to use the following web browsers:

• Opera (48.0.2685.50 version)
  • Safari (Version 10.1 (12603.1.30.0.34))

I'm posting from a Mac (version : Mac OS X 10.12.4 64-bit).

I deactivated the built-in add-block of Opera, and the AdBlock Plus extension on Safari, with no changes.

I once again apologize for the inconvenience. If you want to ask me questions, I will try to edit this message to answer them (as I can't post replies).

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely yours,

ArcusFolia

ArcusFolia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ArcusFolia

test

... Well, I am sincerely confused right now. I wanted to try to submit a screenshot or the text from the error console by re-creating the error, and now it works.

I honestly don't know what I did to make things work.

Still using Opera (48.0.2685.50 version), if it can help.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

This is a known issue that the engineers are working on. It only effects your first post, then you can post normally without any errors.

The Captcha should also appear normally on mobile browsers, so making your first post on a phone should bypass the issue for now, then you can post normally from any device.

ArcusFolia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArcusFolia

Thank you for your answer!

Well, the problem seems fixed here, so I guess my topic can be locked if it is deemed preferable.

PENT001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the info, I have been having same issue, all sorted now.