Unable to Vote on Polls

Jibanyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This has been a problem for me for (I believe) over a year, but it's something that hasn't bothered me at all until the introduction of Giant Bomb TV, where polls are actually pretty important!

I've tried multiple browsers and have logged out and back in, but when I open the poll tab in a chat, I permanently see the "Poll is over" message above polls, even while they're running; I can even see the results changing in real time, but I am unable to click on any of the options to vote for anything. Wondering if anybody else has had this problem, and if so, how to fix it.

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

How dare you suggest the regular polls are useless! Where else can we get our daily recommended intake of tralse?

You said multiple browsers -- which ones in particular (and which OS|es)? I've heard about this happening in Firefox here, but not other browsers. Are you running anything that might interfere with JavaScript, like an adblocker or NoScript?

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Bane

The same thing is happening to me in Chrome 64.0.3282.186 with these extensions:

• Google Play Music 1.389.0
  • LastPass 4.7.0
  • Minimal Bookmarks Tree 4.2.0
  • Personal Blocklist (by Google) 2.6.1
  • Reddit Enhancement Suite 5.10.3
  • Simple Speed Dial 2.5.0
  • SuperSorter 0.4.4
  • uBlock Origin 1.15.2 (disabled on Giant Bomb)

I can't vote on polls at work, but I can at home. I'm running the same OS (Windows 10 Pro 1709), and the same version of Chrome with the same extensions in both places. The difference is my work machine is a desktop I built, and at home it's a Surface Pro 2.

I've tried logging out and back in which didn't help.

EDIT: I can vote in the polls now! Nothing is different on my end, so maybe they changed something on their end? The audio notification when a poll is started is new, so they're doing something on their end for sure.

Jibanyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, something happened yesterday that suddenly fixed the problem for me. Thanks to whoever worked to fix it!

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
AlwaysBeClothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By AlwaysBeClothing

My laptop is running into this issue now in chrome. I've disabled ublock and also tried logging in and out. I'll try it in firefox and report back I suppose.

I can see the poll updating during the GBInfinite votes but it still just displays "Poll is over".

My desktop can vote in polls but for some reason it is not working on my laptop.

edit: my clock was indeed off, a resync with the server might have fixed it

Yup I can confirm Troppmann's advice to resync my clock fixed the poll voting issue.

Troppmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alwaysbeclothing: I had the same problem and the issue was the clock on my computer was wrong. The polls run off your local time so if your clock is wrong the poll will end instantly because it reads the wrong time from your computer.

To check if your clock is off go to https://time.is/

If it's wrong just re-sync your clock in windows adjust date/time.

If that doesn't work you should send an email to support.

kirkdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@alwaysbeclothing: I had the same problem and the issue was the clock on my computer was wrong. The polls run off your local time so if your clock is wrong the poll will end instantly because it reads the wrong time from your computer.

To check if your clock is off go to https://time.is/

If it's wrong just re-sync your clock in windows adjust date/time.

If that doesn't work you should send an email to support.

Thank you! I thought I was going crazy while watching the last UPF.