Upcoming Timezone Incorrect?

MagicAlex84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MagicAlex84

I've noticed this a few times now. It seems like the Upcoming block is an hour early for me. For example, today it shows Die Another Friday due to start at 2:00PM. From past videos you've done about the new site I thought the time was based on my computer's timezone. I tried adjusting my timezone and reloading the site and it still says 2:00PM. Even if I change to timezone two or three hours ahead it still remains at 2:00pm? I have the Live Bomb! Chrome extension which shows the time correctly, and it even changes when I adjust the timezone on my computer. Not sure why the website one doesn't work.

I'm accessing the site from a Pixelbook running Chrome OS Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit).

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By fatalbanana

This has been an issue for me for honestly years now and it's never been fixed. All I've been told is there isn't really anything anyone can do about it. Something about how the site gets your time zone from your IP address and there is no way to tell it that its wrong or change the algorithm. I don't know, I'm not a web designer scientist guy but this issue has been an annoying and constant one.

swordstruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By swordstruck

It's always been an hour ahead for me. If the current method of detecting your timezone isn't working (Or isn't very reliable) why isn't there just a profile setting for changing your timezone?