#1 Posted by HiredN00bs (19 posts) -

I recently updated my user profile, but on the "About Me" page, it shows my city as null and my gender as "N/a". I don't see an option on the settings page to update these fields.

#4 Posted by Rorie (5303 posts) -

@hiredn00bs: These should be in your Settings if you hover over your avatar and click that in the drop-down:

No Caption Provided

Staff
#7 Edited by HiredN00bs (19 posts) -
No Caption Provided

Thanks for the reply, @rorie. None of those fields are listed on my settings page.

#8 Posted by rawkpartee (11 posts) -

My profile also does not have that area.

#9 Posted by Charongreed (109 posts) -

I went to look out of curiosity, and I also have no fields for that information, the tab for 'About Me' lists the information as blank or N/A and it has the message "This user does not want to tell us anything about themselves :(" but no way to fill in the information. If there's another place to input that info or lift some kind of restriction on it, I can't find it either.

#10 Posted by HiredN00bs (19 posts) -

@rorie I added the callout to you in my last post in edit, so I'm not sure if you got the notification. It seems like others have the same issue with these fields not displayed in settings.

#11 Posted by Slag (8121 posts) -

Hunh that's funny, those options are no longer available on mine either.

Using lastest version of Chrome fwiw.

#12 Posted by WillyOD (348 posts) -

I've never seen those options before in my life...

#13 Posted by tds418 (377 posts) -

I can confirm that I have no gender option on my settings page even though I have it set on my about me page. Using Firefox 61.0.1.

#14 Posted by Rorie (5303 posts) -

It looks like this was removed because GDPR deems it as "protected data." Only staff members have the fields at the moment but I imagine we'll probably remove those at some point in the future.

Staff