Video Bandwidth Problems

Boosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

For the last month or maybe even longer, I haven't been able to watch Giant Bomb hosted videos. If a youtube option is available, everything is fine, but things like archives of Premium content, where that isn't available are unwatchable. No matter the video quality it stops to buffer every couple of seconds. Most of the time, it buffers for longer than it plays between buffers. It doesn't matter which player settings I use.

Downloading the video reveals the problem. As I type this, I am downloading the latest Murder Island. It is downloading at between 50KB/s and 100KB/s. I have cancelled the download and gone to microsoft.com to download a large file there, confirming that my 3.0MB/s connection is maxed out there and everything is working as it should on my end. Back to giantbomb and starting the download here again, 50KB/s -100KB/s.

I started to write this post yesterday, but at a certain point, the speed jumped back up to max out my connection and everything was fine. But this has been going on for quite some time. The connection speed to GB is just really spotty, but frequently poor.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Boosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@mike: Oh, good idea. Being late right now, things seem to be moving at a good rate, but I may give this a go next time.

Although that is a huge pain in the butt and shouldn't be necessary. Thanks tough!