[Video Beta] Fill browser and then full screen gets wonky

Darthozzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Darthozzan

So, I just had to try this because this seemed like a nightmare scenario of scaling and it was unfortunately :(

If you go Fill Browser mode, then full screen, and then turn off full screen, it goes back to the initial size (i.e. default state -- embiggened for me). But the video size remains, and it flexes to the right.

Screenshot here http://i.imgur.com/mZ9zDxs.jpg

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthozzan: It doesn't seem to be happening to me, what browser are you using?

Darthozzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Darthozzan

@wcarle: Hm, weird, I'm using Chrome Version 54.0.2840.71 m (64-bit), on Windows 10. I use a dual screen setup, dunno if that has something to do with it!

Whenever I dynamically rescale my browser window, or use the Chrome debug menu, I don't get it. That's really strange. I'm able to replicate it on both my 1080p monitor and 1440p monitor in a maximized chrome Window though, and consistently.

Edit: https://www.twitch.tv/darthozzan/v/99904630 I made a quick 25 second video showing exactly what it is I'm doing to create this behaviour. The actions I'm doing is hotkey G, click full screen manually, escape to go back to normal.

homiowi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have the same issue on Chrome "Version 54.0.2840.87 m (64-bit)" on Windows 10 even without using the "Fill Browser mode" before and a single screen setup.

And yes, it also only happens if I don't have the DevTools open.

I tried it with the same Chrome version on macOS and it did not happened there.

Darthozzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homiowi: Yeah you're right, I actually didn't notice that but it totally happens without using the "fill browser mode" that's just how I noticed it first.

voltysquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Using the same version of Chrome on a single screen set up and have the same issue. Going from default window to fullscreen and back creates the off-screen issue on my 1080p screen. The good thing is that the player controls are still fully visible so you can easily get back into fullscreen, but it you want to watch windowed you kind of can't without refreshing. Also going from fill screen to unfill screen doesn't do anything. It seems to just be an issue with transitioning from Fullscreen to not.

@wcarle: Hm, weird, I'm using Chrome Version 54.0.2840.71 m (64-bit), on Windows 10. I use a dual screen setup, dunno if that has something to do with it!

Whenever I dynamically rescale my browser window, or use the Chrome debug menu, I don't get it. That's really strange. I'm able to replicate it on both my 1080p monitor and 1440p monitor in a maximized chrome Window though, and consistently.

Edit: https://www.twitch.tv/darthozzan/v/99904630 I made a quick 25 second video showing exactly what it is I'm doing to create this behaviour. The actions I'm doing is hotkey G, click full screen manually, escape to go back to normal.

GhostHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Same issue. Full screening from the video on the frontpage and then exiting makes it "embiggened" but shifted to the right of the page.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Same issue that has been described in previous posts. I think the issue is the video resizes in a weird way when my Google Chrome exits the video player when the browser is full screened. When it is full screen, it gets funky whether I hit escape or exit the window by clicking the button in the player. However, when I have Chrome windowed, it does not do this. (Out of curiosity, I tried this randomly with Microsoft Edge and didn't encounter this issue at all)

Random info if this helps: Windows 10, Chrome Version 54.0.2840.71 m, dual monitors at 1920x1080

No Caption Provided

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers