Video Problems? Get in here!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

calcarrington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm having issues with HTML5 videos, both on laptop and on an iPad- videos just not loading on laptop, and stopping playing constantly on iPad. Adblocker disabled, Mac OSX. No idea why this would start now.

IonicSquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

I've just installed Windows 7 and upgraded straight to 10 (64-bit). I get this when I try to watch any video. Any thoughts on what this might be?

voiceinject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having the same problem as ionic squid. I can't access videos from any browser on my home network across a variety of machines. Also, can't access video using cellular data. I don't see video logged in or logged out.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I've just installed Windows 7 and upgraded straight to 10 (64-bit). I get this when I try to watch any video. Any thoughts on what this might be?

Not just you. I just finished a new PC with Windows 10 and have the same thing. Help would be appreciated.

aaims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By NegativeCero

@ionicsquid: @segajupiter: @aaims: Looked at another thread that suggested to disable and (if you want to) re-enable adblock. I just did it and it fixed the problem.

aaims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ionicsquid: @segajupiter: @aaims: Looked at another thread that suggested to disable and (if you want to) re-enable adblock. I just did it and it fixed the problem.

Thanks man, it worked. even though i have been using UBlock origin for months before just now i had this problems. now every thing OK.

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickydubz: I just upgraded my machine to Windows 10 today and the same thing happened to me (I could not see the video player in Chrome). I had ublock installed as an extension in Chrome. I disabled it and was able to see the video. I re-enabled it and I can still see the video. Try it out, that might help.

Sorry, this may be replied to later in the thread, but I've been using uBlock Origin by default on OSX Chrome and had no issues. Just a moment ago, I accessed today's UPF archive video on Win7 and saw this issue for the first time. Disabling uBlock corrected the problem (and I'm assuming that ad-blocker issues pertaining to subscriber content aren't considered pressing issues, for good reason), but I thought I'd throw that datapoint out there.

sumjugei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I download videos using the RSS feed(using pocket casts) the right side of the screen is missing pixels. The Talisman QL was missing all the UI on the right side. Not sure if it is a giant bomb video issue, aspect ratio of the iPad, or pocket casts... YouTube videos play properly.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if this is related to the problem here in this forum thread or not.

If I try to watch recent videos in "Streaming"- "Auto" (the UFC QL, for example), I get a blank video frame and nothing starts. I must reload the page in order to adjust "Quality" settings (it grays out and becomes non-selectable). If I change the "Quality" setting to a different level of "Streaming" (or any other setting under Streaming) the video may or may not play - in the example of the UFC QL, only "HD" works. Both "High" & "Low" result in the same blank video frame.

Adblock is disabled for giantbomb. Also tried in an incognito window, where I received an ad (was not logged into the site in the Incognito window) and no video afterwards when on that same Streaming - Auto setting.

Win 7, Chrome 48.0.2564.116 m

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If I try to watch recent videos in "Streaming"- "Auto" (the UFC QL, for example), I get a blank video frame and nothing starts. I must reload the page in order to adjust "Quality" settings (it grays out and becomes non-selectable). If I change the "Quality" setting to a different level of "Streaming" (or any other setting under Streaming) the video may or may not play - in the example of the UFC QL, only "HD" works. Both "High" & "Low" result in the same blank video frame.

Adblock is disabled for giantbomb. Also tried in an incognito window, where I received an ad (was not logged into the site in the Incognito window) and no video afterwards when on that same Streaming - Auto setting.

Having the same issue with the UFC QL. Adblock disabled for GB, video only loads if I select "HD" under "Streaming" for quality options, otherwise video hangs on a blank frame.

Win 10, Chrome 48.0.2564.116 m

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@whitegreyblack said:

Having the same issue with the UFC QL. Adblock disabled for GB, video only loads if I select "HD" under "Streaming" for quality options, otherwise video hangs on a blank frame.

Win 10, Chrome 48.0.2564.116 m

Same thing happened 2 weeks ago. Video URLs are again split between two dates.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@szlifier: Awesome catch, duder. Good to know if should hopefully be an easy fix for the GB team on the back-end.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I'm not sure if this is my problem, so I didn't know where to ask about this. Audio goes out of sync over time. Not just on Giant Bomb but mostly on Giant Bomb. I think it's only the HTML5 player. I can't use 'progressive' because the video randomly ends whenever it feels like it. The sync issue isn't huge, it only gets off by a second or so but it's definitely noticeable. Doesn't happen when a video starts but over the course of a several hour video it gets incredibly noticeable.

euantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been struggling to load videos unless I download them, found the following errors in the console due to frame settings in Safari:

[Error] Blocked a frame with origin "http://cdn.embedly.com" from accessing a frame with origin "http://www.giantbomb.com". Protocols, domains, and ports must match.(anonymous function)

[Error] Blocked a frame with origin "https://streamable.com" from accessing a frame with origin "http://www.giantbomb.com". The frame requesting access has a protocol of "https", the frame being accessed has a protocol of "http". Protocols must match.

[Error] Blocked a frame with origin "https://streamable.com" from accessing a frame with origin "http://www.giantbomb.com". The frame requesting access has a protocol of "https", the frame being accessed has a protocol of "http". Protocols must match.

bass_hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'Streaming' causes my whole computer (macbook mid 2012) to start chugging. Using Chrome. No problem with HTML or youtube. Weird

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Wikitoups

I was just watching the trackmaina turbo ql and it cut off, went to play back and it gave me jeff's error video!

Was using the HTML5 using latest version of firefox, have https everywhere but gb is disable.

Just tried with a few other videos and it's giving me the same error.

I hope it's not a...sinister error...

damnitsted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got the error video while trying to watch Metal Gear Scanlon V part 23. I got 40ish minutes in when the error video cut in.

Firefox, no add ons or plug ins, HTML5 viewer not working, Streaming and Progressive work

No Caption Provided

vrplumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Podcasts won't play for me at all, and I get "This is an error message video" if I try to download any videos. The only way I can watch is to click the video itself.

DeimosReign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wikitoups Same for me, using Chrome and started getting this error on every video. HTML5 and Progressive both give me the error message but Streaming and Youtube work.

brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm also getting the error message when I try to watch video on the Roku channel.

Glees0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wikitoups: Ditto but I'm using Chrome. HTML5 no longer works for any video I've tried on the site now.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm also having the HTML5 video problem, but the error message was a pretty good error message so I'm glad I got to see that. :)

More specifically I tried the Trackmania Turbo QL, streaming works fine though. Latest chrome, win7.

AquilaXi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just changed to Firefox and im having trouble with all the video options I was wondering if anyone had any ideas, youtube runs fine just anything directly from GB :( having to back to chrome for GB videos

Avatar image for thelandostander
TheLandoStander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By TheLandoStander

Seems that as of today I'm not able to stream videos from the site. Nothing has changed on my side, still the same Lumia Icon running the latest version of Windows Phone 8.1 that Verizon will allow (Denim) using the standard IE that came with it. Though UC browser also fails to load up any interactive button on the videos that would let me start the video streaming.

GaryLaPlante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Over the past few days, I haven't been able to watch any videos on the browser app for Android. There's no play button, or anything for that matter, just a thumbnail of the video.

teo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted to try the html5 player (chrome) and now the videos don't load and I can't press the quality button to change it back what the fuck do I do?

smellylettuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Apparently there is some sort of script bug inputting incorrect file names on upload for videos. Fortunately, there have been some extremely helpful comments detailing how to get around this problem.

smellylettuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Possibly due to the leap year?

the47ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't play videos on my Surface Tablet. Had no problems last week but now no videos will play.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't been able to watch any video uploaded from Friday on. Now the KI quick-look won't work I thought it was time to leave a message.

meissnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same problems here on Giant Bomb Video Buddy for Android, though I do get to see the neat error message!

Rakete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Rakete

Same for me, tried turning un/relink account - did not work

neojb1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am using a Nvidia Shield tablet, and in the past, whenever I would click on the download button for a video, then select a quality, my Podcast Addict player would pick it up and play it. However, recently, I have not been able to view any video like this on that tablet. I get Jeff's cool error message. I thought it might have been Podcast Addict so I downloaded VLC for Android and it too has the same issue. This is for both public and premium videos.

I can play the videos for a while by just playing them in the browser, but eventually that locks up and will no longer load. It locks up to the point that my tablet suggests killing the browser app, as it becomes unresponsive.

spud693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By spud693

Also having issues since friday, trying to stream HTML 5 HD, click play, player window goes black, quality button greys out but nothing happens - win 10, chrome (most recent as of today).

Appears to be limited to HTML5 only.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@spud693 said:

Also having issues since friday, trying to stream HTML 5 HD, click play, player window goes black, quality button greys out but nothing happens - win 10, chrome (most recent as of today).

Appears to be limited to HTML5 only.

Same. This problem used to happen every now and then to me with HTML 5 HD, but High quality always worked. Now HTML 5 just doesn't work for me; doesn't matter what setting I put it to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dfc61a98bcce
deactivated-5dfc61a98bcce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@edgework I have tested on IE9, IE10, IE11, Edge, Chrome, Safari, and Opera. Opera will play some Quick Looks, but any archived live streams from the West office seem to be an issue. If I had to guess some recent change from the CMS caused an issue in going from Tricaster to CMS. It could possibly be a solid Tricaster issue where the video is not encoding correctly. Where as the ATEM2 is.Furthermore since changing the URL in certain circumstances seems to fix this issue I would guess more to the CMS side, but the East/West division seems strange.

tr0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By tr0n

Why is there a weird static image below each video? Chrome 49.0.2623.112 m (64-bit).

No Caption Provided

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By PimblyCharles
@tr0n said:

Why is there a weird static image below each video? Chrome 49.0.2623.112 m (64-bit).

No Caption Provided

I'm also having this issue in Firefox 45.0.1 in Windows 10 Pro x64. The static image isn't there in full screen, but is there in embiggen and debiggen:

No Caption Provided

dodgyblaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't know if this is a "bug", but more a lack of functionality I thought was still available. The Dark Souls III QL did not resume where I had left off, nor is it allowing me to skip ahead to the spot without allowing the entire video to download/buffer (or whatever). Not that big a deal. (The "!" button didn't seem suitable for this issue.)

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a short while now I've been having problems with the HMTL5 player. It seems prone to hitching up, especially when I close another window or tab while it's playing.
Not sure what causes that.

Firefox/Windows 7

PaulKemp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By PaulKemp

Issues with video here as well. Just formated today, and have only tried with Chrome. QLs work fine on youtube.com, but the "play icon" does not show on giantbomb.com. On Chrome 50.0.2661.94 m (64-bit) with updated drivers all around.

No Caption Provided

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That March 9th, UFC 2 Quick Look doesn't work for me. Latest Chrome, latest Windows 10. I've tried a bunch of other videos at random and they all work fine.

PaulKemp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Issues continue here, fresh windows 10 install, Chrome 64 bit. Video play icon works in Edge, but not in Chrome. Any fixes for this?

This worked normally pre format and windows 10 install.