#651 Posted by Forcen (2527 posts) -

@wcarle Trying to watch the current livestream (die another friday) using my chromecast 2 right now and it keeps stuttering, it works perfectly for normal videos though.

That bug where the audio keeps playing on the PC is still happens for streams also but refreshing the page seems to fix that. I posted about that bug in this thread, post #579 . That might be a waste of data at most though.

Still, thanks for fixing it for normal videos!

#652 Posted by KiddoMac (52 posts) -

I’m on the latest iOS Version of Safari on iPad Pro 11 inch and no videos are loading for me, bummer. It keeps saying “Loading video, but nothing happens.

#653 Edited by stinkygreencat (20 posts) -
@kiddomac said:

I’m on the latest iOS Version of Safari on iPad Pro 11 inch and no videos are loading for me, bummer. It keeps saying “Loading video, but nothing happens.

Don't know if related but I currently can't watch any videos on Safari on desktop while I am signed in. If I sign out they seem to work fine, They also seem to play fine on mobile.

Have tried signing out and back in but still the same. It's either the spinning white circle or just a black screen.

edit: tried on other browsers but getting the same (Vivaldi & Opera).

Youtube versions seem to play ok - HTML5 & Progressive versions don't work

#654 Edited by spareburden (7 posts) -

@kiddomac: same issue here. There was another thread on the forums for this issue. If you open a new tab and close it, the “video loading” should actually start loading.

https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting-33/strange-issue-on-safari-with-ios-12-and-chrome-on--1849089/

#655 Posted by Rewind (2 posts) -

I've been unable to watch any videos on the site on my iPad pro on iOS safari.

#657 Posted by Nigeth (159 posts) -

Same here. I can't play any videos on iOS. Video just hangs on either "loading video..." or the white circle. iOS 12 and ipad pro or iphone.

I wish GB would just use the standard video controls because the video player not working has been a constant hassle over the last two years. So much in fact that I often don't even bother watching live streams just to experience the latest way the GB player is broken again.

Stream player restarting from first segment during a live broadcast when "auto" quality is selected is still not fixed.

#658 Posted by oversteps (15 posts) -

I also can’t load video on iOS. Kind of a bummer, as my iPad Pro is the way I access this site 90% of the time.

#659 Posted by erikeric (4 posts) -

Adding to the list of folks that can’t play video on Safari in latest version of iOS 12 on an iPad Pro (2018 12.9”). Just says “loading video” forever. Private mode doesn’t help. Reloading without content blockers doesn’t help. Requesting desktop site doesn’t help.

#660 Edited by Puchiko (803 posts) -

Ever since the new site update my streaming is pretty much broke or much worse then before. I have to reload the page 3-4 times just to get the video to start. I used to be able to stream at HD but now I have to set it to Auto and it always defaults to the lowest bitrate. I am using Firefox/Chrome on a windows 10 PC and Chrome on an iPad. Its not as bad on the iPad but still worse than before.

#661 Posted by stantongrouse (129 posts) -

<p> Not sure if this is the right place but I have been having issue watching GB infinite via the GB Enthusiast app on amazon fire stick. It now just turns the GB app off if I click on infinite and it doesn't show as there being any live shows if I try via the Twitch app. There is every possibility it is an issue my end, but I currently don't seem to be able to fix it. Even with turning it off and back on again. </p>

#662 Posted by pyeeater (13 posts) -

When continuing watching on Chrome Version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit), the video playback screen starts just to the left of centre of my monitor which means the right hand side of the playback screen is off my monitor, this is on 100% at 1440 resolution

#663 Posted by Gatorman (13 posts) -

When I'm trying to watch any of the extra life giant bomb East videos on my Roku player, it just spits me out of the app every time

#664 Posted by Sargus (790 posts) -

@gatorman said:

When I'm trying to watch any of the extra life giant bomb East videos on my Roku player, it just spits me out of the app every time

Came here to post this exact issue. I'm using a TCL Roku TV. The problem only happens on the Extra Life videos -- everything else (even the latest Bombcast video, which is longer than the EL vids are) loads and plays fine.

#665 Posted by leethomas93 (1 posts) -

I've been trying to use the giant bomb roku app on my TCL TV with Roku built in. Every time I select the app, the screen goes black for a second then it goes back to the app selection screen. I've never been able to successfully open the app. I've tried removing and reinstalling the app several times with no success. Any ideas?

#666 Posted by KiddoMac (52 posts) -

The iPad / iOS-Bugs seem to have been fixed. Thanks team GB!!!

#667 Posted by yourbrain (30 posts) -

@sargus said:
@gatorman said:

Came here to post this exact issue. I'm using a TCL Roku TV. The problem only happens on the Extra Life videos -- everything else (even the latest Bombcast video, which is longer than the EL vids are) loads and plays fine.

Same for me! I thought it might have something to do with my hardware/internet and the vid quality?... I'm on pathetic DSL and an old/basic Roku (whichever model came free with Sling TV signup 2+ years ago)...

Avatar image for auraofvengeance
#668 Posted by AuraofVengeance (6 posts) -

I'm now experiencing the same issues as well. I just picked up the 55" TCL while it was on sale and tried to install and open the giantbomb app through the built in roku interface. The application when it appears to launch fades to black and then a second or two later dumps right back to the home screen.

#669 Posted by totsboy (485 posts) -

Since the update I'm unable to run the videos on the browser of my Samsung KS8000 (2016 model). Anyone else with the same problem?

Also having weird audio synch issues when running on chrome on my laptop (but on my desktop works fine)

#670 Posted by Krutch (14 posts) -

I’m unable to watch live-streams for more than a few seconds before they restart from the beginning of the stream on an Iphone XS using IOS 12.1. I’ve tried it in Safari and Chrome with the same results.

#671 Posted by foeaminute (133 posts) -

@puchiko said:

Ever since the new site update my streaming is pretty much broke or much worse then before. I have to reload the page 3-4 times just to get the video to start. I used to be able to stream at HD but now I have to set it to Auto and it always defaults to the lowest bitrate. I am using Firefox/Chrome on a windows 10 PC and Chrome on an iPad. Its not as bad on the iPad but still worse than before.

Same here. I have to switch to Youtube player to get it to work, and that doesn't always help. I literally cannot watch any new content, no matter the browser or adblocker on/off.

#672 Posted by dregan (4 posts) -

I'm 100% sure this has been mentioned, but when I click a new video in a window that already has a player in it, the video won't load (example: watching Steel Rats quicklook -> clicked into Battlefield V quicklook, loaded the thumbnail and play button but would not play). Same thing happens if a video finishes and it tries to load the next one (Mass Alex as the example here). Reloading the tab fixes it, but it's mildly annoying, and mild annoyance is the worst kind!

This is in both Chrome with uBlock Origin and a vanilla Internet Explorer.

#673 Posted by larmer (1052 posts) -

So I guess that audio/video skipping issue with HTML5 mode is just never getting fixed...

#674 Posted by RustyGunz (26 posts) -

@foeaminute@puchiko: Same problem, Chrome on win10 desktop. Just a bunch of spinning loading wheels.

#675 Posted by OldGuy (1686 posts) -

Is there any way to prevent changing to the YouTube player? I keep getting switched to it and I much prefer the GB player (I seem to be the only one who never has trouble with it). I can switch back by firing up a premium video and then changing options and switching them back to my real preferences but that only seems to be sticky for a week or two.

#676 Edited by njden (7 posts) -

I have a situation where live streams and some videos using the new player won't play any audio though my speakers; however, they will play though my headphones if they are selected as the active output in the Windows sound manager. My setup is the latest Windows 10 (1809 fresh installed) and I have it set up so I can toggle between speakers and headphones which are my only two enabled devices in sound manager. The GB Infinite Twitch stream, any YouTube videos, and several videos / podcasts that use the GB player work fine, and I can toggle seamlessly between headphones and speakers with no issue.

The UPF that is currently streaming (11/30/18) has no audio though my speakers, and only comes out my headphones when they are toggled as active... I've unplugged my headphones, restarted my computer, tried several browsers in their incognito modes with no success.

Some additional examples:

Episode 560 of the Bombcast will play out of my speakers if it's in the video format, but sound will exclusively play out of my headphones if it's in the audio format. Episode 183 of the Beastcast only comes in an audio format and will only play out of my headphones, but not speakers. The Mass Alex Ep. 18 has played fine and I've had no issues with audio what so ever with that entire series. Whatever the issue is it seems very inconsistent and not limited to a single web browser (I use Firefox, but issue persists in Edge).

It's a very strange thing, but I don't think it's related to my setup since before the GB update I never had these issues. Every other video player works flawlessly including YouTube, Twitch, and even CNET and I can toggle at will between my headphones and speakers with the sound automatically swapping. Even the games I play will automatically swap between headphones and speakers without issue.

edit:

I'd also like to report that the issue persists only when playing from the website. I downloaded a copy of the Beastcast and played it though VLC with no issues; however, playing the same episode though the website resulted in complete absence of audio from my speakers, but not my headphones.

#677 Posted by tenaciousdave (23 posts) -

Using an Apple TV, I get a bunch of buffering. Video will play for about ten seconds then buffer for awhile then get a few more seconds. The problem doesn't happen if I airplay the video from my phone. I've switched to mostly watching the videos on youtube, but if it's a premium video, I'm forced to airplay it.

#678 Posted by njden (7 posts) -

@njden:

Just wanted to say that I solved my issue by going into my Windows "Sound" settings and clicking the "Configure" button on my speakers... They were apparently set for some kind of weird 5.1 configuration instead of how they should have been.

In the end it wasn't a GB site issue, but I'll leave this post here in case anyone stumbles upon it while experiencing the same issues.

#679 Posted by bathala (1309 posts) -

thank you. Live show finally works on LG OLED browser