Video problems (including Roku/Chromecast/etc)? Get in here!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thunderkat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm having trouble with the Roku app ver 2.2 build 5.

It does not recognize my account as premium and I can't watch any premium videos. I have tried updating, removed my account and re-registered it, and I'm still getting the same error. Is anyone else having this issue?

PoetryMiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of recent stuff is locked on the Roku app these days, even though I'm premium(specifically, new UPFs and Run to the Hills episodes).

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1304  Edited By rorie

@panfoot: @poetryminer: @thunderkat1: Hey, sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. I'm not sure why this would be the case but I'll try to look into it. In the meantime, you might want to use the YouTube channel to catch up on stuff - I assume Roku can play YouTube channels? Or is this ONLY affecting Premium content on there?

If any of you have the time, can you take a picture of what this looks like for you? I don't have a Roku to test with.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@rorie: It's a lot of premium stuff, and seemingly at random, IE Run to the Hills Silent Hill 2 Parts 1 and 3 are both locked, but Part 2 is fine. UPF 4/8 is locked, 4/1 is fine, 3/25 and 3/18 are both locked, 3/11 is fine. The Newest best of Giant Bomb is locked, and 212 is randomly locked too but 214 and 213 are fine.

PoetryMiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: @panfoot: Thanks for looking into it. It also seems random for me. Sone premium content is locked, and some is not. Even a few quicklooks are locked. It seems to be the same as what Panfoot has because the same ones he mentioned are locked for me. Thanks for the info about the videos being posted to Youtube!

AntiHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same problem here, premium content shows as locked even though I’m signed in. Tried re-linking the app a few times and it’s still busted. My Roku connected to the TV is the main method of consumption for premium content, so this is a huge bummer.

ryankingsmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On my Apple TV (connecting with premium), most videos won’t load. The app is much slower to respond than it used to be (I assume this is similar to the Roku app) and will hang up on older videos for minutes at a time. Would love for this to be resolved so I can catch up on UPFs.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On my Apple TV (connecting with premium), most videos won’t load. The app is much slower to respond than it used to be (I assume this is similar to the Roku app) and will hang up on older videos for minutes at a time. Would love for this to be resolved so I can catch up on UPFs.

I'm not 100% sure if the new encoder fixes will also fix the app but hopefully it will have an impact. If that doesn't help I'll try to track down the app developer and see if he can take a look on this one; I'll get those wheels cranking in the meantime to see if we can reach out.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RAWKPARTEE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I still can’t watch anything using the app on Apple TV.

ryankingsmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: much, much better for me on Apple TV — thanks a bunch dude.

AntiHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Videos on Roku appear to be all unlocked now? Was there something done on the back end, or should I just count my blessings and hope it doesn't lock the videos again?

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some are still locked but a fair bit of them have appeared to clear up.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panfoot said:

Some are still locked but a fair bit of them have appeared to clear up.

Can you let me know what's still locked for you?

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Best of Giant Bomb 212: Dolphin Quest, VoidBurger's Hot Takeouts: why We Can't Escape Firewatch, UPF 2/25/22, Giant Bomb Animated: Fashion Choices, Giant Bomb Animated: Pendulum Ham, and Giant Bomb Animated: The Lifeguard are all still locked.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panfoot: OK, is there a quality setting option for Roku? I don't think all of those have all of the encoding qualities due to the original file not being high enough quality for the encoder. Can you try flipping the quality to Low and see if it shows up?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still can’t watch anything using the app on Apple TV.

We have someone on the video team looking into this; sorry for the trouble!

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: No options, the app is just kind of play video(or if it's locked, telling you get to get premium) and a setting to link your account. Well that and the fact that every category only holds 100 videos, so Quick Looks lets say only go back about 2 years max.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey I know this thread has had a good run but I think that with the variety of different video issues that we have it makes more sense to split them up into separate threads; it's kind of exhausting keeping track of problems with Apple TV and Roku all in one thread. So if you have video issues going forward please make a new thread if you don't see one already existing related to the issues that you have going on; sorry for the trouble! I'll make new threads for the Apple TV issues and Roku issues in a bit.