#251 Edited by Art_Vandelay (189 posts) -

I'm also unable to play any videos from the site. Showing "Loading Video" prompt nonstop. Also experienced on Google Chrome.

Correction: I had adblock running, but had no elements blocked on giantbomb.com. Once I disabled Adblock on the site completely, the video loaded.

#253 Posted by psyghamn (46 posts) -

While running Chrome on Mac fullscreen videos will black out after I move the mouse.

#254 Edited by Smallville123 (474 posts) -

Chrome is still very laggy on hd. Frame counter is no longer there with a right click. Plus the saved position never works right anymore. I can't rely on it to resume videos. Videos are also randomly stopping and losing their place.

#255 Posted by MrGreenMan (28 posts) -

On my brand new Chromebook HTML5 seems to only play there first 10 seconds and then stops, refreshes the video and starts all over again. If I put the setting to progressive, then the video plays perfectly fine for me.

#256 Posted by xenocrat (132 posts) -

I'm also unable to play any videos from the site. Showing "Loading Video" prompt nonstop. Also experienced on Google Chrome.

Correction: I had adblock running, but had no elements blocked on giantbomb.com. Once I disabled Adblock on the site completely, the video loaded.

Hitting X (or whatever the "stop loading" button is in your browser) makes the video playable.

#257 Posted by xenocrat (132 posts) -

Safari 10.1.2 on macOS 10.11.6: in fullscreen mode the player controls disappear forever after the first time I hover the mouse over them. This has been happening consistently for more than a month, but I've been too lazy to report it until now.

#258 Edited by 80PoundGames (84 posts) -

macOS 10.10.5 - Videos will not load on Safari, Firefox or Chrome. I just get the constant pulsating "Loading Video..." message and the play button never appears. Does this on premium and regular vids. Last week it was only doing it on Firefox, now it's all 3. Restarting and updating my Mac did nothing. The only videos I can watch right now are the ones posted to Youtube.

#259 Edited by CircleNine (417 posts) -

macOS 10.10.5 - Videos will not load on Safari, Firefox or Chrome. I just get the constant pulsating "Loading Video..." message and the play button never appears. Does this on premium and regular vids. Last week it was only doing it on Firefox, now it's all 3. Restarting and updating my Mac did nothing. The only videos I can watch right now are the ones posted to Youtube.

Same issue, but Windows 7 and Opera.

Also the Roku Channel is busted as shit for me (and several others), see the roku specific thread for details.

#260 Posted by Obsurveyor (70 posts) -

Windows 10 Pro x64, Chrome 60.0.3112.90 (64-bit) - I was watching UPF today and way behind live. Stream would reset to live or back to the beginning at what seemed like fixed times(if I jumped past around 52mins, it didn't do it again until around 1 hour 20mins, jumped past again to keep it going). Really annoying.

#261 Posted by duk (11 posts) -

Same. Firefox 55.0.2 (64-bit)

#262 Posted by duk (11 posts) -

Solved it by whitelisting dw.cbsi.com.

#266 Edited by CrimzinD (2 posts) -

I'm having similar issues. It was working fine on my PC/Chrome a few days ago. Now the video player isn't working. I've deleted cache/cookies, rebooted, disabled/whitelisted ublock, etc. Issues persist on PC/Chrome. If I try to access content via QLCrew, it sticks me in a verification loop, saying it can't verify my Premium status (Which is good until next April :/ )

It does work in Edge on my PC, and in Chrome on my Laptop.

Additionally, if I try to post a message from Chrome on my PC, it give me an error: "body: ERROR: This value should not be blank." I can reply to someone, but then it only lets me reply with the @USERNAME. Again, working in edge, tried the usual fixes.

#267 Posted by MethodMan008 (1018 posts) -

I can't even stream videos on low quality consistently.. My internet isn't very fast, but I can stream stuff on YouTube/netflix/etc just fine in HD and have trouble streaming GB stuff at the lowest quality.

If I can stream via auto in HTML it is better, but not perfect, and that isn't always an option. Streams run real bad on my Chromecast.

#268 Posted by csl316 (14464 posts) -

I'm having super slow download speeds, and I can't really stream much through the site. I go to Youtube or Amazon on all my devices and hit the highest settings with zero issue, but I can't even stream on Medium off the site. Tried Firefox and IE, even the GB Video Buddy apps.

I get 90 down here with Xfinity in terms of speed so I don't know why GB's the only one causing it.

#269 Edited by Silver-Streak (1910 posts) -

After having it be stored for months, I seem to lose all playback history/saved positions over hte past week. Videos I stopped watching in the middle yesterday lose their place overnight.

For basic info, here's my setup:

Windows 10

Chrome 60.0.3112.113

Lost all progress on Beast in the East.

Running Adblock +, but disabled on Giantbomb.com

#270 Posted by fearofthesky (25 posts) -

Everything is fucked. Everything crashes. No matter what device I use, videos stop at certain points and return to the Play button screen. And when press play to restart the video, it resets to the start of the video!

The current culprit is Steal My Sunshine episode 3. Crashes at 9 seconds in, EVERY TIME. No matter what I do. Setting is HTML5 and Auto. Does it both on my Win 10 desktop and on my Toshiba Chromebook, both using Home.

For me, the site is broken and I can't renew premium if I can't watch the content. Please fix this!

#271 Posted by Silver-Streak (1910 posts) -

@silver-streak: As a follow up to this, it stored all of my progression yesterday, then reset again today. :(

#272 Posted by cochise99 (4 posts) -

I am having trouble with the new Apple TV app. Worked fine at first, but now nothing loads. I deleted the app and tried to reconnect it to my account, but it never spits out a code. Also, when I visited the web site the next time, I got the we believe malicious activity came from you warning.

#273 Posted by Whiteycar (46 posts) -

I've literally had about 2 weeks worth or more of problems, about every premium file I try to watch gets stuck buffering either 5 to 15 minutes in with me unable to get past a loading screen. Even the non premium files (Giant bomb panel) have issues, its been frustrating and i've been abandoning videos half way through.

From Canada, using adblock but its disabled on Giant Bomb

Using chrome Version 60.0.3112.113

#274 Posted by Kosikutioner (41 posts) -

Anyone having iOS issues? I have sections begin repeating anywhere from 2-10 times (roughly). Then it goes silent for a minute while the video seems to catch up. I'm on an iPad Pro (9.7). On my trial, having a hard time deciding to subscribe if this is an issue. It can be very difficult to stick with.

#275 Posted by swordstruck (19 posts) -

Can't watch the newest playdate video at all (https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/gbe-playdate-09082017/2300-12508/).

It plays for 2-3 seconds with buffers of 8-10 seconds in between. Incredibly frustrating how bad this has been the past few weeks. Everything else just defaults to YouTube now and works great, but the premium videos have been a nightmare.

#276 Posted by lanthalona (8 posts) -

Since a few days ago, the video player keeps crashing and resetting 3 or so seconds into any video I try to watch on Vivaldi (my browser of choice). This was not not an issue in the past and using Chrome to watch the videos seems to fix things, but having to use a different browser for one single website is frustrating.

#277 Edited by statiknights (33 posts) -

On Windows 10, Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113 64bit

I opened the live stream that is on-going for Super Mario Sunshine and as I have done in the past clicked on the progress bar to go back to the start of the stream to watch the whole thing. After clicking the progress bar the video started to interrupt itself and act like the page was refreshing. This resulted in a heavy stutter of the stream. I reported the issue on the video player and captured video of the behavior, I can email this in if needed.

Edit:
I had Dwarf Fortress running in the background, after closing this the video issues seemed to be resolved. I started it back up and the hitching issue did not reappear. CPU and Ram use with video and DF running was no-where near capacity.

#278 Posted by snorge (59 posts) -

On macOS Sierra (10.12.6), using Safari, Version 10.1.2 (12603.3.8)

I'm having a lot of problems playing premium videos. Most of the time it doesn't work at all. Either the video simply won't load at all or it starts playing but freezes after just a few frames. In both cases there is that white circle spinning thing, spinning forever and ever.

I played around with the video player options on the site and noticed that I can reproduce this behavior on any video when I set the streaming option to "Progressive". Also, choosing "HTML5" and leaving the stream quality on "Auto" instead of a specific quality setting, sometimes leads to a frozen video as well.

However, when I switch browsers to Chrome (Version 61.0.3163.91) everything works just fine, regardless of the chosen streaming option and quality settings. So it seems that this is a browser-specific issue affecting Safari.

Please let me know if you need any more information on my setup.

#279 Posted by AidanM (4 posts) -

• What kind of issue are you running into?: All non-youtube based videos buffering consistently. I get consistent 60 down and 5 up, test constantly.
  • Any specific videos where it’s occurring?: All of the Beast in the East series, most other long-form content.
  • Browser where issues are occurring (have you tried another one?): Chrome. Yes/Shouldn't have to.
  • Are the issues the same in incognito mode or when you disable extensions?: Yes.
  • Have you tried switching from HTML5 to Progressive streaming? Did this help your issue?: Yes. No.
  • Have you tried switching from Auto quality to one of the other options? Did this help?: Yes. No.
Avatar image for gentlemen_demon
#280 Posted by Gentlemen_Demon (8 posts) -

@kosikutioner: i’m having this exact same issue. same ipad as well.

#281 Posted by Karlos (6 posts) -

@aidanm said:
  • What kind of issue are you running into?: All non-youtube based videos buffering consistently. I get consistent 60 down and 5 up, test constantly.
  • Any specific videos where it’s occurring?: All of the Beast in the East series, most other long-form content.
  • Browser where issues are occurring (have you tried another one?): Chrome. Yes/Shouldn't have to.
  • Are the issues the same in incognito mode or when you disable extensions?: Yes.
  • Have you tried switching from HTML5 to Progressive streaming? Did this help your issue?: Yes. No.
  • Have you tried switching from Auto quality to one of the other options? Did this help?: Yes. No.

This is pretty much exactly my deal. Well, except for the salt. I hope you guys are getting close to figuring all of this stuff out, I'm sure it must be a huge pain. Appreciate the work you do!

#282 Posted by corykyrk (2 posts) -
#283 Posted by skoods (6 posts) -

@kosikutioner: same problem after update to iOS 11. Gets stuck in a loop. iPad Pro and iPhone 6. Safari. I think the same problem may have happened several iOS versions ago.

#284 Posted by DusteeGiant (4 posts) -

I got an android box and it couldn't stream youtube videos further than 720p. It's software problem and they're not updating the box's OS anymore.

Contrast, apple TV does well on regular tasks but sometimes watching movies online by browser is impossible.

#286 Edited by ebk (16 posts) -

Using the beta app on a Roku 3, "Mario Party Party 5" freezes at 5:05 into the video and then won't play past that. Attempting to resume results in a loading bar that fills all the way up and then just stays like that. Restarting the video results in it playing to 5:05 and freezing again. Attempting to fast forward past that point doesn't work either. Other videos are loading and playing normally, including other "Mario Party Party" videos, so as far as I know, it's just this one that has an issue. I've tried power cycling the Roku just in case, but it didn't change anything.

EDIT: The video now plays until about 1:03:00 at which point the video stops and goes back to the menu for the app. The video can be resumed, but it will consistently only play for a few seconds before stopping again.

#287 Posted by Homeslice (951 posts) -

Giant Bomb Video Buddy will not play videos for me at the moment. It worked yesterday; not working today. Tried using multiple devices.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
#288 Edited by Do_The_Manta_Ray (1536 posts) -

Man, this new player is baaaaaad for me.

Problem A. It's crashing my browser if I leave it up in a tab and do something else for a wee bit.

Problem B. It's randomly fading the video to black, but keeping the sound going, forcing me to restart my browser again.

I've tried on both Firefox and Chrome, I've used youtube, HTML as well as the progressive options, and I see no change.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
#289 Edited by Do_The_Manta_Ray (1536 posts) -

New problem on top of the old ones. The HTML stream will now sometimes just stop on vids after between 5 seconds and 3 minutes, thinking the video is done; showing the Play button all over again. When I switch to Progressive, it just stays on that picture, but plays the audio. My information is in the post above. Refreshing does nothing.

This problem only seems to occur on Firefox. But boy, is it a real bummer as that is my preferred browser.

Edit: Not just premium videos. All of 'em.

#290 Posted by Mendelson9 (557 posts) -

Just got the new 2017 Roku Express and the Giant Bomb app crashes before it can load. I know that this is an issue and a new rewrite is being worked on. Just wanted people to know.

In the meantime, the Giant Bomb plugin for the Plex app works fantastic on Roku.

#291 Posted by milhous (22 posts) -

• What kind of issue are you running into?:

On AppleTV, videos stop frequently to buffer, with many essentially unwatchable.

• Any specific videos where it’s occurring?:

No. It seems to be way worse on videos that are long: the Destiny raid, for instance, won't get more than a few seconds in before it starts to chop. Watching, say, the latest GBE Playdate, I'll get a couple minutes before it pauses.

(skipping questions)

Browser where issues are occurring (have you tried another one?):

• What’s your IP address (in case it’s an Akamai issue)?:

24.22.72.*

Other relevant notes from the thread:

* Streaming from other devices seems to go fine, including changing formats and everything -- I can, for instance, fire it up on another device and stream to the AppleTV without issues.

* No problems streaming other content on the device, including other stuff from the CBS app

#292 Edited by bybeach (6069 posts) -

Top of the page for GB home travels with me when I scroll down or up.

Microsoft edge.

I use internet explorer to stop it.

EDIT; I didn't pick the right topic for this one, created a new topic.

#293 Posted by thatlad (148 posts) -

Any ideas why the chromecast icon isn't appearing on my iPad?

It appears fine on my android phone

#294 Edited by swordstruck (19 posts) -

Can't watch the newest UPF. Getting these errors in chrome. Happens when I select any quality (HTML5 and progressive):

No Caption Provided

Edit: Looks like this isn't just the UPF...all the premium videos I've tried have the same problem. From the 'Get in the Ring' premium video:

No Caption Provided

#295 Edited by dantez (60 posts) -

Anyone else having issues getting videos to play on the Roku App? I click play, it tries for a second, then fails. Both on free and premium videos. Was working fine before tonight.

Edit: Checked it this morning, and the Roku issue seems to be solved.

#296 Posted by bluemonk3y (42 posts) -

@rorie: 10/20/2017's UPF playback is stopping around 1:22:30 while I'm in the ps4 browsing app. Not sure why. I really want to finish watching it.

#297 Posted by BTStreleckis (79 posts) -

@dantez said:

Anyone else having issues getting videos to play on the Roku App? I click play, it tries for a second, then fails. Both on free and premium videos. Was working fine before tonight.

Same issue for me right now. I was last watching stuff on it last night.

#299 Edited by dantez (60 posts) -

@btstreleckis: OK. Well at least it's not just me. Seems some people are having issues playing/downloading video's via the site too, so probably tied to that. Hopefully will be fixed tomorrow.

#300 Posted by Senate4242 (206 posts) -

Back to videos buffering over and over, minutes in. Try to download, get "File Incomplete"