Video progress clearing seems to behave irrationally

elliotcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By elliotcm

This one is a little non-specific so let me know what I can do to help debug.

I've noticed that lately the progress on watched videos has been vanishing much sooner than I'd expect on some videos, in the order of a week or two, while some videos which I watched several months ago still have their progress marked. I switch between laptop and desktop for viewing so this feature is an important one for me.

I'm not sure what rules you apply to decide when to clear a progress marker. An example is Steal My Sunshine 05 and 06 which I'm reasonably sure I only watched once and they were released in August, but while I was typing this the latest Unprofessional Fridays just lost its progress bar and that's only been up a couple of days. All of them will have been near the end. You may have better records than me as to exactly when I watched these things.

I'm watching Steal My Sunshine 02 right now and I know I left that half way through a couple of weeks ago but had to guess and re-seek it myself today.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@elliotcm: I would have to point @wcarle to this thread but he is out of the office at the moment. Sorry for the trouble!

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TuxedoCruise

I am also having this issue. It seems to happen randomly, and I've noticed it happening to Bombcast videos, since those are long enough to where I can't watch an episode in 1 sitting. The site will lose my place in a Bombcast video, while other videos before it still have their progress saved.

There was a 503 error on the site a few days ago, which caused me to get logged out. When I logged back in, I lost all progress on all videos, which was a bummer.