Videos keep rewinding back last 5 seconds

• 144 results
fledeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don’t know if it’s of any use to the team to know, but although it still happens on GBTV, it’s not nearly as bad and doesn’t happen at all if I watch through the official YouTube app.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

Still a constant problem with the videos. I watch any non-premium stuff on YouTube now. Premium stuff I don't get to much anymore, sadly :/

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By rorie

@fledeye: Are you talking about Premium videos or even non-Premium videos in GBTV? Non-premium stuff should be in the YT player, I think.

fledeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie:

Both I think. Mario Party Party 2 is currently playing and is showing on YouTube fine despite being premium.

polarisinparis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By polarisinparis

Just throwing my hat into the ring and saying that it’s happening on all my devices, too (iPhone X, iPad Pro 2). It sucks, cause now I don’t get to watch UPF live anymore, since the first half always happens during my commute home. They also haven’t updated the Video Buddy app to support the X, so it’s not great watching videos there, either.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah it's been like this on my iPad for months. I just can't watch GB videos on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6272bca5637f9
deactivated-6272bca5637f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I posted in the Streaming Issues thread, but my issue is the iOS bug...it happens several times a week from Chrome/Safari on iPad and iPhone. It is a real bummer :-(

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1
deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never happens on Low for me only higher.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#109  Edited By rorie
Avatar image for nihilisticmonkey
nihilisticmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie:

10 month old app with no updates.

Seems like the developer has dropped it. You don’t make it. It’s not a CBSi product.

No iPhone X screen support.

Bet it doesn’t support the newer site features like resume.

I appreciate you’re trying to placate us, but the fix should be simply ‘you guys make this work’.

Throw resource at it until you fix it. Escalate it. Put someone permanantly on it until it’s fixed. Stall the re-design. Stall GB Infinite. Buy iPhones/iPads to test on. Get bodies on this until you can fix it.

If you literally can’t fix it then:-

A) Seriously? Out of all the sites we stream from that use Akamai, CDNs etc, yours is the only one that cannot reliably deliver video to iOS? You can’t crack this? Come on...

B) Something need to be done for premium subscribers then when you can’t provide your service to the devices we need. This isn’t a niche case. This is you not being able to provide video to a platform that makes up nearly 50% of the smartphone OS market share in the US. this is insane that its going on for so long.

Even if this is you just holding your hands up and admitting you can’t support mobile video and dropping it. Developing your own app in house for iOS/Android & supporting it (even if it’s just for premium members) or dropping the premium price because you can’t give us consistent service.

I pay money for this. You. Need. To. Resolve. This.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie Is this one still being worked? Just wondering if the Burger reference is to let folks know that you won’t be able find a solution.

It has actually started to make me question my subscription and I’m sure others feel the same. I know these things are tough and I’m not mad about it. Bottom line is it just brings down the value of the service.

Either way you all are great and I still love ya!

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I just ran into this too. iOS newest on an iPhone 8. Trying Burger and some of the other apps for now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Happening again from the Monster Hunter stream... huge boooooo

mordi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have this issue as well. It’s maddening!

KirkyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By KirkyX

@nihilisticmonkey: When I had the issue - cleared up randomly a few months ago, but it'd been a problem for ages before then, across two separate iPads - I experienced it on quite a few other sites, too, so I'm really not sure this is necessarily something GB can fix. I mean, it's a problem that only occurs on iOS devices - haven't had it on anything else, desktop or mobile (I've got an Android phone) - across a multitude of different websites, so... I dunno, I'm more inclined to put this one on Apple, honestly.

fledeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirkyx:

I think it’s an Apple problem too, but I’ve looked and can’t find anywhere that Apple acknowledges the problem.

I don’t know what part of Apple are in the same building as GB, but it should be possible for someone to flag it up to Apple and at least see if they are aware of it even if they’re not going to try and fix it.

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been using alternative stuff when on my iphone/ipad for GB lately, but I had this issue come up again midway through the EA livestream today. I don't know if it's the same issue/cause, but it was the same behavior, the repeating 5 seconds. This one is kind of a bummer, because a big part of the E3 stuff for me is scanning chat during the streams, so yeah... this one hurts a little.

Anyway, I know it's a crazy busy time, so I'll just use those alternates for the E3 stuff too, but this is me saying that this is still an issue, and today it was a little sad. Thanks guys!

fledeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has there been any progress on this from the CBSi side or have any users found a decent solution?

My premium is up for renewal in a couple of months and since I can’t watch anything live or GBi and can only watch videos on youtube or on someone else’s brilliant service (qlcew.com), I’m not going to renew it unless it’s sorted or there’s a proper way round it, it’s a waste of money at the moment.

BrunoFFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having a similar issue where only the sounds plays again but the video continues as normal, it is driving me insane. Anything i can do to fix this?

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By vortextk

@brunoffs: refresh the video to stop the ones you’ve already seen, the repeats. Won’t stop more from possibly happening and nothing you can do to fix it all that I know of so far.

BrunoFFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortextk: I changed to Progressive from HTML5 and it seems to have worked so far.

Zurcee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Zurcee

I'm having this same issue on my nvidia shield

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Literally just started having this happen to me. At first I thought it was because I was running a dual monitor set up and the game on my primary monitor spiked my CPU in areas, but that causes hitching and load issues, not repeated audio. I only started noticing this is an actual problem when it started happening with nothing going on in the second monitor also.

For my case, it's specifically audio that loops. Video continues, but the audio repeats and then skips some seconds to catch up to what's on screen.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's happening to me too. It's incredibly annoying.

Avatar image for bored_and_agitated
bored_and_agitated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does the audio de sync for you guys too? I get the 5sec loop, or a 5 second rewind then the audio and video desync. I have to close and refresh the video

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie Where are we on this? It's been almost a year since I posted this topic and it seems like the issue is still occurring?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By BonOrbitz

@brunoffs said:

@vortextk: I changed to Progressive from HTML5 and it seems to have worked so far.

I did this as well and though there are no audio issues, I occasionally get buffering which is weird because I'm on 100-200mbps internet, not too surprised, just frustrated because I've always had buffering issues with Giant Bomb's progressive video regardless of the speed of my internet service.

@bored_and_agitated said:

Does the audio de sync for you guys too? I get the 5sec loop, or a 5 second rewind then the audio and video desync. I have to close and refresh the video

I'm not sure what the differences are between what you just mentioned, but I consistently get an audio skip that jump backs a few seconds so the video and audio are dynced then at some point the audio suddenly jumps ahead to catch up to the video. I'm guessing that's the former part of your statement?

Like someone said, it is maddening because it happens so much with no rhyme or reason with HTML5 HD vids in the GB player for me. It seems like I've had random video problems off-and-on throughout the years since GB joined CBS. It's stinks because I'm paying for a premium subscription and the tech issues make it feel anything but, sadly. It's not my internet because I've always had fast service (especially now) and don't have buffering or download issues anywhere else; just GB.

Any thoughts, @rorie?

BrunoFFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonorbitz: It is EXTREMELY ANNOYING and it is making me not watch a lot of videos, which has made reconsider if i will renew my subscription this november (among other things). I don't know, this is CBS Interactive, surely the video player on this video-based website should work better? I'm sure it isn't a simple solution, but again, this is CBS.

Anyway, I'd like an update on this

soulstoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only reliable method to watching videos is YouTube, which isn’t an option for premium content. This needs to be resolved. It’s literally the only thing we are paying for.