Videos no longer saving progress

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Using W10, Chrome (Version 61.0.3163.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)), or Edge (Microsoft Edge 40.15063.0.0).

Basically, videos only save progress if the browser remains open. So, I may be 30 minutes into a premium video... and if I go to the homepage and back again then it will resume where I left off. But if I close the browser and play the video, it starts from the beginning again (or restart my PC). This hadn't been an issue before for me, and I haven't installed anything new since. Perhaps not the same; but this feature still works for me on something like Netflix. I thought it used to be tied to the account on GB, as I could begin watching on another device and it would remember where I left off.

Chrome has AdBlock but I've allowed everything to pass from the GB domain, I am also a GB subscriber so there's nothing to block! When initially I thought it was an extension issue, I tried Microsoft Edge without extensions and had the same problem.

Let me know if you need anymore info!

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Appears my issue is related to my account for some reason being a free trial even though I'm subbed up until 2019.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@ltcoljaxson: Is this still happening for you? I'm not showing that you're tagged as a trial on our end.

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie:

It's all good now! I posted this before I emailed you. Thanks for your help.

theweirdguys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This happens to me when I try to switch devices. It used to work. I’d start watching on the Xbox app then switch to iPad or phone and it would remember my place. Doesn’t do that anymore.