Videos not loading -- stuck at black screen when press play.

ara313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When I try to watch any video on the GiantBomb player (Youtube works fine cause different host), it acts like it's loading at a black screen but never starts.

:\ I did the CDN test thing that @wcarle posted in another thread and just got an error and couldn't even run the test.

Anyone else experiencing this lately?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@ara313 said:

When I try to watch any video on the GiantBomb player (Youtube works fine cause different host), it acts like it's loading at a black screen but never starts.

:\ I did the CDN test thing that @wcarle posted in another thread and just got an error and couldn't even run the test.

Anyone else experiencing this lately?

Have you tried a different browser? Turning off add-ons?

ara313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi @rorie,

I'm using Chrome normally, but I can reproduce this issue on Edge and on my iPhone. Maybe a network issue?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ara313: It definitely sounds like it might be! I would give it a few hours or a day and see if it's still happening - if it is let me know and I'll see if an engineer can look into it tomorrow. Sorry for the trouble!

ara313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ara313

@rorie -- Happy BFA day.

Issue has been present for me since about Thursday last week. I just tried on Firefox and no luck there either. Have restarted the router a couple of times in the interim.

I'm also unable to download the videos as an alternative -- Eventually the connection times out and I get this:

No Caption Provided

Pesky CDN

mrprozach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having the exact same issue since last Thursday or so the video attempts to start and then just gets stuck on the first few frames of the video. I have tried different browsers and different mobile devices/wifi networks, but alas.

archimedes83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same, in incognito mode the ad plays but actual video is stuck on black screen and never plays.

Android 6.0.1

Chrome 68.0.3440.91

css_switchfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been having the same problem since last week. However, I am able to use the unofficial android app "Video Bomb for Giant Bomb" and all videos have worked on that app just fine.

archimedes83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archimedes83: but videos will sorta play (can't pick time and go to that point in the video) on android 4.1.2. Chrome 67.0.3396.87

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheFlamingo352

I'm getting the same problem, black screen after video load, but only on my android phone when using Chrome. Version 68.0.3440.91. Upside is videos work fine on mobile Firefox and my desktop. Probably been happening a week, maybe a little more.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theflamingo352: Try using the Download button on those pages in the meantime until we figure out what's causing this and that should work.

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hey all, just wanted to chime in here and mention that we are now able to replicate this issue. It appears to be a problem with the newest version of Chrome for android (v68). We are trying to find a fix now and will get it out ASAP. In the meantime chrome 67 and below and most other mobile browsers should work

ara313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ara313

Thanks @wcarle@rorie -- Things seem to be working again for me now.

For clarity - I was using Chrome on PC, not Android, and video downloading was also unavailable during this time.

noble_yorik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My situation is the same as ara313, when I go to run live streams or giantbomb.tv the viewing window is black with no prompts although the normal videos run fine. This happens when I run goggle chrome Version 68.0.3440.106 on the pc.