videos not playing until i make a change to cookie settings

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Nick

i noticed there is now a "Manage Cookies" button on the bottom left of the page that i cannot hide. when i login videos don't play until i click the button and make a change to my cookie settings, and sometimes videos stop mid-playback. i work around this by just enabling/disabling performance cookies. doesn't seem to matter what i set it to, as long as i make a change and save, then the video will start playing again.

i'm not sure if disabling video playback is supposed to be dependent on which cookies are enabled, but it seems stupid that videos are disabled at all, and it seems stupid that i can't hide the cookies button.

running Microsoft Edge Version 91.0.864.67 (Official build) (64-bit)

ps. my browser is set to delete all cookies when i close it which means i always have to log back in to the site, but this has never caused problems like this before.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm not having the same issue but would like to agree that we should be able to hide the button, especially since there's another way to access the cookie settings at the bottom of every site page.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I also want to echo that the button looks very bad, especially given that it's a constant white box in the corner of my vision on a dark background, and is also in the spot that URLs pop up in a browser when you mouse over a link.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

As a work-around, I use Firefox's native support for popping videos out of the browser
allowing them to play over/hide the button. The button isn't going anywhere so find something that works for you.

mattchops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm having this error, as well. Multiple browsers checked and the only way to get them to play is to toggle a cookie off and on.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Hey, this is a known bug that we are trying to resolve. Sorry for the trouble but hopefully someone will get to it soon. I can't offer an ETA right now but it's being looked into.