Videos randomly stopped working on PS4 browser?

• 130 results
#1 Posted by orlandodoom (108 posts) -

While watching GB content on the PS4's web browser has been an issue in the past, it has worked consistently for me for the last several years.

Just tonight, I'm running into an issue where all videos perpetually say "Loading Video." Yet the live streams, Drew and Alexis' Extra Life stream in particular, is working just fine.

In the past, it's typically been quite the opposite?

Anyone running into this issue as of late?

#2 Edited by thebigya (5 posts) -

Exactly the same for me on PS4. Drew and Alexis' stream is fine, but any on-site video won't load. Everything was fine this afternoon, but no joy tonight at all. Bummer as I've never had an issues before.

#3 Edited by Bane52 (2 posts) -

Same issue for me as well.

#4 Posted by woodtsunami (190 posts) -

Also having this issue._.

#5 Posted by optimalpower (264 posts) -

Same here on PS4. Wired connection if that matters.

#6 Posted by ADarkMatter (146 posts) -

Same, this just happened. Yesterday Ihad no problem , now it will just say loading and won't actually load anything

#7 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1275 posts) -

Noticed the same thing. I Would always use my PS4 for my GB player, but it stopped working today.

#8 Posted by psylah (2348 posts) -

Guys the site went down earlier due to a DDOS attack on the hosting service that also houses the GB servers. Should be fine now.

Avatar image for smileyforall220
#9 Posted by smileyforall220 (43 posts) -

Still doesn't work on PS4.

#10 Posted by DR34DN0UGHT (96 posts) -

Same issue here. Still not working.

#11 Posted by DosBuster (5 posts) -

Yeah, site player doesn't work for me either.

#12 Posted by Bluesuiter (6 posts) -

Me either! :o All this money on a ps4pro and I cant watch my duders

#13 Posted by DKBomber13 (20 posts) -

Having same issue. Still not working.

#14 Posted by EskimoSnow (74 posts) -

Same. Bizzare.

#15 Posted by Rorie (5815 posts) -

I will see if I can check on this today.

#16 Edited by krolikoff (3 posts) -

Same here can’t watch videos via PS4 web browser or via Web browse built into the Samsung KS8000 tv. Not sure what’s up. I mainly watch gb content this way and would like to continue to, please fix

#17 Edited by richyoung84 (2 posts) -

Not that it helps Rorie at this point but me too! PS4 web browser, always worked totally fine, watched drew for a bit the other day and today I just get the dreaded perpetual "loading video.." pulse.

#18 Posted by valiantgrizzly (503 posts) -

Same problem here. Thanks for the quick response, Rorie! Meanwhile I'm stuck here watching Netflix like some kind of normie.

#19 Posted by Rorie (5815 posts) -

Yep, definitely looks like it's an issue with something that rolled out yesterday. The engineers are aware of it and are poking around. No ETA on a fix, but hopefully it won't take long.

#20 Posted by HUD209 (27 posts) -

Thanks Rorie, just found this thread because I was having this issue.

#21 Posted by optimalpower (264 posts) -

@rorie: Thanks for the update! For now, back to watching GB on youtube like a rube.

#22 Posted by thebigya (5 posts) -

Beautiful. Thanks Rorie. Fingers crossed its sorted for tomorrow.

#23 Posted by BarbarousLamb (9 posts) -

Im having the same issue watching on my lg tv webos. Hopefully this will get fixed at the same time

#24 Posted by ADarkMatter (146 posts) -

You're the man Mr. Rorie, always so helpful

#25 Edited by mrlostman13 (25 posts) -

Exact same issue! It's unfortunate, it's my main way of watching GB premium content, as I don't have a second monitor.

Edit: Missed Rorie's response. Thanks @rorie!

Avatar image for bacterialbeaver
#26 Posted by BacterialBeaver (16 posts) -

I’ve found my bizzarre PS4 browser GB content watching brethren. Good to know it’s on their radar and someone’s looking into it.

#27 Posted by xombi242 (221 posts) -

Damn, good to know. Premium content is a thing on my PS4.

#28 Posted by Scodiac (704 posts) -

Good to know you guys are working on it. I watch most of Giant Bomb's Premium videos with my PS4 on my TV.

#29 Posted by Djeedubbelu (4 posts) -

Same issue for me. Good to know I'm not alone.

#30 Edited by Inresurrection (463 posts) -

Still not working, sadly. PS4 is my primary way of watching Giant Bomb because my laptop screen is fucked up, so yeah, this is kind of a bummer.

#31 Posted by HellFireHyBriD (7 posts) -

Same for me.

Avatar image for bacterialbeaver
#32 Posted by BacterialBeaver (16 posts) -

@rorie: do we have any sort of ETA or info on a fix in the works? This is definitely a huge bummer with my PS4 being my primary GB player.

#34 Posted by DR34DN0UGHT (96 posts) -

Bump.

#35 Edited by august (4080 posts) -

Same here.

#36 Posted by Bleedingpuke (1 posts) -

Starting to get backed up on premium content as I cannot watch it on my PS4 and don't want to watch it all on my phone. I hope it gets sorted out before the weekend so I can binge watch some of it on my day off . I want to see GBE get those shines!

#37 Posted by Djeedubbelu (4 posts) -

@bleedingpuke: yeah, same..Hoped it would be fixed by now. PS4 browser is how i watch all premium content.

#38 Posted by Rorie (5815 posts) -

@rorie: do we have any sort of ETA or info on a fix in the works? This is definitely a huge bummer with my PS4 being my primary GB player.

It's a priority but I don't have an ETA on a fix, unfortunately. It's unlikely to be today.

#39 Posted by Sirhc7000 (23 posts) -

Just putting in my two cents to say it’s not working here as well. It’s my primary way of watching premium content, too. Bummer. Hopefully it gets fixed up soon. 😔

#40 Posted by OoBonedaddyOo (8 posts) -

Thanks for the update @rorie love the work you do

Avatar image for tevor_the_third
#42 Edited by Tevor_the_Third (266 posts) -

Thanks for the info Rorie.

Avatar image for thabuschmasster
#43 Edited by ThaBuschmasster (1 posts) -

Please fix soon, need my GB, sick of this eternal loading screen.... Thx for being so awesome, btw.

#44 Edited by Vahleticar (294 posts) -

Its been a week, thats a long time for a gb addict. Come on dudes, i need my gb dudes

#45 Edited by LeStephan (1215 posts) -

Its the same on Wii U BUT on a Wii U there is a workaround:

you can actually still use the download links and watch that way. Dont understand why that doesnt work on any other device... doesnt ps4 support mp4?....

Maaaan, combined with the gamepad, nothing comes close to the wii U when it comes to browsing the web on a tv without a hassle imo. I guess if you'd have a tablet that could wirelessly send a signal to your tv and would let you browse while the tv is playing media from the tablet it'd be just as nice but thats not a thing is it?. The Wii U browser even allows you to 'disguise' the Wii U as non mobile device so you get the normal non-mobile websites. I bought a switch recently but the web browser is probably reason enough for me to never remove the Wii U from under my tv.

#46 Posted by Vahleticar (294 posts) -

@lestephan: No the ps4 browser has like 2 options, do you want javascript or no? Mp4 files work off a usb stick, but the browser doesnt support the download button on gb. I guess ill just have to be productive today and hope for a fix

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
#47 Edited by AtheistPreacher (107 posts) -

FWIW same problem here. Bummer since I had watched a lot of premium content on PS4. Hopefully that promised fix will come sooner rather than later.

#48 Posted by Inresurrection (463 posts) -

Sending the engineers good vibes - hope you guys can get a fix goin this week!

#49 Posted by Rorie (5815 posts) -

An engineer spent the weekend looking at this and I know he's going back and forth with the CBS video team trying to figure it out. It's slow going because the PS4 browser apparently doesn't have good debugging tools; if you hit F12 in Chrome you'll see the kind of thing that the engineers pop up when they're looking into a video bug like this. The PS4 browser apparently doesn't have that kind of tool which is making progress on this pretty slow. But it's the only thing the engineer is working on right now, so hopefully we'll have some news soon. Sorry for the trouble!

#50 Edited by andyandies (5 posts) -

Thanks for the update, Rorie; much appreciated.