Videos randomly stopped working on PS4 browser?

• 129 results
Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rorie: Thanks very much for the update, Rorie!

mrlostman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks so much for the update, Rorie!

OoBonedaddyOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks very much. At least Ill have a backlog of things to watch. GB,whiskey, and my Switch will be waiting..

TerraDelu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Thanks Rorie and Team!

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#55  Edited By Captain_Insano

@rorie said:

An engineer spent the weekend looking at this and I know he's going back and forth with the CBS video team trying to figure it out. It's slow going because the PS4 browser apparently doesn't have good debugging tools; if you hit F12 in Chrome you'll see the kind of thing that the engineers pop up when they're looking into a video bug like this. The PS4 browser apparently doesn't have that kind of tool which is making progress on this pretty slow. But it's the only thing the engineer is working on right now, so hopefully we'll have some news soon. Sorry for the trouble!

Loading Video...

Marslander5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaminggumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Thanks again for the status. One question/suggestion. I know in the past when we had PS4 browser issues, switching to a different streaming method (HTML5 vs Progressive vs YT) allowed it to work again. But since the video frame isn't even loading at all, we can't even try that solution. Is there a way to "default" all PS4 requests to a different format? Just a thought. Anyway, thanks for always looking out for the community.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Sounds like there might be a fix for this coming down the pipe, hopefully today. We'll see!

andresrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

foodmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Everyone in this forum should chip in and get this engineer a thank you gift

Avatar image for bacterialbeaver
BacterialBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foodmonster: totally. The fact that our small little PS4 community even got the time of day makes me glad to be apart of the GB family.

Aviont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just noticed this today while trying to watch Sunshine! Thanks for the updates Rorie and the guys slaving away. PS4 browser is my main way to watch GB videos since I got one a few months ago.

Avatar image for indeedcodybrown
IndeedCodyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Thanks all involved I've been struggling with this also and when the fix comes I'll be so happy. This type of customer service is why GB earns my subscription by far.

Avatar image for deactivated-61d9602593751
deactivated-61d9602593751

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for continuing to look at this. I'm probably in the minority, but PS4 is the only machine I have for watching GB on a TV. Without support for the browser my Premium subscription would be essentially worthless to me, so I really appreciate the effort to get it fixed.

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By optimalpower

I'm having premium withdrawals! Send help!

Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Inresurrection

Hopin a fix for this will be incoming soon! Praying for the engineers. Thanks for your hard work, I’m dying for some premium stuff!

foodmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimalpower: top men arevworking on it. Wonder what update they did to their player and how they didnt have the previous build ready to replace in case of catastrophic failure, the ps4 wasnt the only platform affected. Would love to just see an app

jofruephroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By jofruephroy

Mines still not working as of today

Djeedubbelu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Djeedubbelu

Yup, two weeks in and still no fix....Start to bring back memories of the PSN outage .

foodmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By foodmonster

Chomecast for Xmas ?

thebigya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone talking about how this is great customer service are kidding right?

Whilst I appreciate the efforts in addressing what is no doubt a complex problem. Having customers locked out of paid content for 2 weeks now is by no means good customer service on any level.

Considering this appears to be effecting a wide swathe of people, devices and browsers, regular updates would be the minimum of what's expected customer service wise. The fact that what must be a sizeable percentage of the overall user base are still without access to content they have paid for is borderline unacceptable at this point.

I still have my fingers crossed for a fix before America downs tools for the year, but I'm not holding my breath. To say the whole debacle has sullied by experience with Giant Bomb would be a gross understatement. Poor show.

DR34DN0UGHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DR34DN0UGHT

I have to admit that I'm starting to share some of the frustration that others are venting on here.

I love you guys and all that you do, but that's now two weeks (and counting) of having limited access to my paid content...

zeldaking2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indeed. The PS4 has become my main source of premium content now so to go without something I pay for for this long is getting a bit silly. :(

krolikoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any news on the fix? Getting a little frustrated here? it’s been broken before and it took literally forever to fix wouldn’t want that to happen again

Osmoziz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Osmoziz

I'll jump in on this as well. I only watch Giantbomb content on my ps4, and this is very frustrating. I end up having only access to the Quick Looks through the YouTube app, meaning for the past 2 weeks my membership has been paid for no real service. I can technically download the mp4 on a USB and slot it on my TV, but I can't wear headphones when going through the TV and my girlfriend sleeps in the next room over. The HD version is also way too big to fit on the USB drive i currently own, so im stuck watching 780p if i watch it with my girlfriend. In short, this is quite the annoyance and I doubt that there isn't a lot of us that uses our console to watch Giantbomb.

mrlostman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foodmonster Ironically we actually have a Chromecast but I find it almost unusable for premium content. It's stuttery in a way that is not only annoying but causes headaches, and it also can't be resized so about a third of the video on either side of the television is cut off on our television. The PS4 browser is the only way to watch premium content on our television that is smooth and properly formatted that my partner and I have found.

Avatar image for bacterialbeaver
BacterialBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not to the point of asking for a refund or anything but 2 weeks without the ability to watch premium content is pretty frustrating. I've tried my laptop to watch on my TV but the amount of workarounds I'm having to deal with are just too frustrating and not worth the hassle. Lord knows I'm not watching on my phone ore tablet.

foodmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stuff takes time in web development. Especially without proper debug tools they have to take educated guesses what is going on with the player and push new builds with no guarantee. Especially for a low trafficed browser. Also this may fall squarely on cbs or a third party tech vendor depending who implements. The take away is the community manager has assured us that this is being actively receiving attention. In the end figuring out where we can make noise in the right place to escalate the ticket to showstopper would be most helpful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I appreciate this is probably a difficult problem to fix. But if I'd been without, say, Netflix for this long, I'd be pretty peeved. If the PS4 browser is going to be an ongoing challenge for GB (and in the absence of any app) I'm not sure I can take the risk of a Premium subscription in future.

pirateogta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can't watch premium videos anymore because of this... Extremely frustrating.

Chuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe some day they'll fix this :\ its been broken for 2 weeks

foodmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only confusion is, everyone writing on this forum, are they entering all this text through their PS4 web browser? I am not trying to minimize the convenience or preference for enjoying the content. I consume the content in so many ways, sometimes on an iPad, iPhone, or macbook. At home to watch on my big screen, I have been using the wii-u browser for archived premium videos. For live shows I have also started plugging an hdmi cord into the port on my macbook and mirroring the display. All these are interim solutions. I prefer if i could just stream out of my PS4 as I have been doing comfortably for the last few years. While we do want a fix, we should be advocating for a dedicated app to avoid outages like this in the future.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By rorie

Just so you all know, there is a fix for this that is in testing, but the engineers are in codefreeze before the long weekend, so it most likely won't be going live until Monday at the earliest. Apologies for that, but hopefully when the next site codepush goes out this error will be fixed. Sorry again!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again Rorie, thanks for the update. And to the previous poster: yes, I am one of those weirdos who is typing all of this through the PS4 browser!

Avatar image for tevor_the_third
Tevor_the_Third

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You get used to PS4 text entry honestly :P

Just don't go nuts writing an essay length piece.

Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Thank you so much for the update, Rorie! And thank you, engineers.

BarbarousLamb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the update and effort put into fixing this. I look forward to watching gb content in glorious 1080p with no buffering once again.

VersacePiccolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m just glad Jeff’s new stream wasn’t permium :) but seriously 2 weeks without my main form of gb consumption hasn’t been great, hope this fix on monday really works.

sod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I appreciate your updates, Rorie, I've definitely been feeling this one.

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 weeks now. I know it's not an easy fix and it was the long weekend for you guys but it's frustrating all the same.

Crossing my fingers for that fix this week. I'll consider myself lucky I'm not subbed at the moment but I'll be resubbing as soon as I can watch premium again.

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bummer this is still broken. On the plus side I've spent a lot more time actually playing games since I can't watch GB. Good luck to the guys and gals working on it, hopefully it's fixed soon.

Chuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still broken ???

VersacePiccolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I get that this is probably a difficult issue to resolve, but as a paying subscriber not being able to access this content for nearly a month is pretty messed up. If this was Netflix, HBO, or Amazon I would’ve cancelled my subscription over a week ago. Love you guys but paying for a service that doesn’t work is...not ideal.

yabbering_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By yabbering_yeti

@versacepiccolo:

If the primary/only way you watch your Giant Bomb content is through PS4, you should contact support. There is a contact form at the bottom of the "Help" page. They may be able to do something for you to make up for it? I would hope they could extend your premium period...

I know you won't be able to watch your premium vids but, in case you didn't know, you can still get to all the regular vids with the Youtube PS4 app.

Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess I'll be investing in an Apple TV pretty soon so I can start watching premium again.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK while I feel like I've said this before, and I apologize for that, I believe that a fix for this will finally be going out tomorrow. I hesitate to even say that since I've been wrong so many times on the timing of this, but it sure looks like this is going to be the case. If there's any changes on that timing I'll try to update this thread.

mattgriffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope there's a fix soon.

foodmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: thanks for the update. We really appreciate the update

Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Thank you so much for the update, dude.