Why is the comment box sometimes at the top and sometimes at the bottom of the page?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

I think this has been a thing as long as I can remember at the site and I've always wondered about it. It's kind of a pain to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to comment, especially when a lot of ppl have commented.

Sometimes it's at the bottom of the page.
Sometimes it's at the bottom of the page.
Sometimes it's above the comment section, which I think is better.
Sometimes it's above the comment section, which I think is better.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2 rorie  Staff

Where is the second image from? I'll see if I can figure out the logic here.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: They're both from the same Doom Eternal: Unfinished page but I think it's a thing with any page with a comment section.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4 rorie  Staff

@liquiddragon: Hmm, I can't seem to get that page to load with the comment box at the top. Do you know how you're getting to that page when that occurs? Like are you clicking from the homepage or somewhere else?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By liquiddragon

@rorie: I think I went to Videos (top dropdown menu) -> Latest -> Unfinished: Doom Eternal in both instances because I have the forum page bookmarked, not the frontpage. Same thing happens on the mobile as well. It's something I noticed years ago but I don't know how to reproduce it consistently. Right now I can't get it to show up at the bottom. haha

Savutano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Savutano

I almost think it's better at the bottom, so you have to read through the comments to make sure you aren't just repeating what someone else has said. This way you have a better chance of adding to the conversation. Would be cool if there was a toggle for personal preference, though, if possible. Turn the bug into a feature!