Why was my thread deleted?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

I'm not really sure where to ask this but I made a thread about Fox news stealing bioshocks logo. Ken Levine also commented on it and I posted that too. I thought it was pretty funny and ironic that they'd decide to steal that logo so I made a thread. Then a few minutes later it was deleted. Not even locked, just deleted. Anytime I've had a thread deleted I've normally been told why. Eg: An existing thread I didn't see. No mention of why this one vanished though. I don't post here a ton anymore but have the rules changed? Are political things not allowed? I'm just curious why it was removed so I know for the future.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

You can't be disrespecting FOX round these parts

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I dunno i'm getting the impression there was some sort of forum drama regarding ryan or something - I missed it all. Just judging from some status's and jeffs letter on the front of the site. Also there is a bunch of silly threads regarding GBey off topic threads regarding things like condiments, that's usually something that crops up to lessen tensions in forums after drama.

So i'm guessing your thread was probably a victim of heightened mod tension.

I'm sort of unclear whether we are supposed to read between the lines regarding jeffs open letter in terms of expectations in these forums. Maybe they are moving towards some sort of lower tolerance in moderation or something. That might be bad for me because I swear a fucking shitload.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By metal_mills

@rowr said:

I dunno i'm getting the impression there was some sort of forum drama regarding ryan or something - I missed it all. Just judging from some status's and jeffs letter on the front of the site. Also there is a bunch of silly threads regarding GBey off topic threads regarding things like condiments, that's usually something that crops up to lessen tensions in forums after drama.

I'm sort of unclear whether we are supposed to read between the lines regarding jeffs open letter in terms of expectations in these forums. Maybe they are moving towards some sort of lower tolerance in moderation or something. That might be bad for me because I swear a fucking shitload.

There was a twitter drama when feminists were calling GB sexist/racist when they hired two new white guys. Then arseholes in the community were being extra big arseholes and started attacking them back saying hateful shit and it turned into a whole thing. Maybe it is heightened modding right now but it seemed like a pretty innocent thread to get rid of. :\

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think everyone is just on a burnout from such tense topics lately, community has been tackling a lot lately.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AlexW00d

@rowr said:

That letter seems to be more just Jeff covering his own ass regarding supposed members of his website's community verbally abusing some people who said dumb shit about GB. I'm sure 95% of the community didn't even know what any of that stuff was until him and Patrick started tweeting about it.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@alexw00d said:

Oh ok was wondering what that was all about, I thought he referenced the forums so I wasn't exactly sure what that was all about. I've found the GB community generally 10 times better than anywhere else on the internet for most things so it seemed a little suprising to me, particularly regarding something like this.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This is a bug reporting forum, not a place to ask about moderation. Use the PM All Mods link on the right side of any board to do that.