Wiki landing page crashes Safari on iOS + layout issue

MisterCrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MisterCrow

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1, not jailbroken. When I open the side nav and press Wiki, the landing page will regularly crash during / after loading. Not always, but more often than not.

Another issue, Wiki pages render with < 100% of the screen width and I can't zoom. This happens in both portrait and landscape.

http://i.imgur.com/ee0Oe41.png

Also, just curious, what's with the search result ordering? Searching for "uncharted 2" gives 2 pages of results. The Wiki page for the game is the last item in the results, what's up with that?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Also, just curious, what's with the search result ordering? Searching for "uncharted 2" gives 2 pages of results. The Wiki page for the game is the last item in the results, what's up with that?

Two things.

1. Popularity didn't carry over from the old site. I assume things will be set right in time as people continue to visit pages they're interested in.
  2. Another search won't be performed if you type while it's still retrieving results. The site was probably still performing a search for "uncharted" or something even shorter when you typed the 2, so it didn't search for the whole thing you typed. I don't recall this issue being present when the site relaunched. It seems to have started at some point in the last few days.
MisterCrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MisterCrow

For #2 do you mean a search-as-you-type sort of thing? I don't actually get that from the mobile site.