Xbox Player App problem

xemid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been using the Xbox app to watch GB content on my Xbox for years, but in the past couple of weeks it's stopped working properly. It shows the latest videos but trying to play any of them shows a generic error about an invalid file format or a missing file.

I tried submitting an issue through the developer's google form but I don't know how active they are anymore. If anyone still uses this app and knows how to fix it I would be really grateful.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@xemid: Hey I believe this is related to ongoing API/RSS issues that are being looked into! Apologies!

xemid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

@xemid: Hey I believe this is related to ongoing API/RSS issues that are being looked into! Apologies!

Okay thanks! I'll follow those threads and I'll try again once it's all fixed.

troymcclure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@xemid I've been having the same issue which I assume is related to the video player update and issues that Rorie mentions. I was under the assumption that the developer would need to fix it. If you are willing to deal with ads, all the new stuff is on YouTube.

xemid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know that rorie is moving on but this is still happening so if anyone ever found a solution I'd be really grateful.

swordstruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the apps are still broken because the API hasn’t been fixed. Would be good to know whether or not it’s a permanent thing.

xemid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swordstruck: oh! Thanks, I thought the API had been fixed. Thanks for the information.