(Rumor) Modern Warfare 2 being remastered. Only the campaign though. Would you be into that?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By NTM

Poll (Rumor) Modern Warfare 2 being remastered. Only the campaign though. Would you be into that? (195 votes)

Yes, that'd be cool! I really liked the campaign. 11%
It really just depends on the price. So maybe, but maybe not. 33%
Oh... Just the campaign? No thanks. 43%
Other. 13%

I just read reports that there may be a remaster of Modern Warfare 2 coming out similar to Call of Duty 4. I personally thought Modern Warfare 2 was the high mark for Call of Duty. Yes, it gets a bit crazy, but for me, it was an exciting four to six-hour experience with an extremely good soundtrack. It also made me go back to the first MW and appreciate that more and really like some of the characters. For me, of course, as I suspect it is for most, it depends on the price. While Modern Warfare was exceptional in my opinion, it was still only a four-hour experience or so, and that is just not worth much to me. Now what I think would be really nice is if they packaged in the first remaster with it, but also include and remaster MW3 to round out the package. I also really liked MW3. The only things I can knock it for is that it was more of the same and they threw new characters in as if they've been important to the MW series all along which just felt a little weird to me since they didn't really flesh some of those characters out. Here's one link out of a handful that reports that there may be a remaster coming.

• 
cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Modern Warfare 2 was also my favorite Call of Duty game. While I enjoyed the campaign a lot when I played it, that's not what I am looking for in a remaster. I would really only be interested in the multiplayer.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By glots

The rumoured price of $25 (or 20€ over here) is too much for me, but I could *maybe* pick it up for 10€ from a sale. I think it was the first FPS I played on PS3 and I really enjoyed the rollercoaster campaign back then.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I think they know that any remaster of that game's multiplayer would trounce Blops 4's in terms of player count, even if they bundled it into the deluxe edition Infinite Warfare style.

RikiGuitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they don't have the Spec-Ops mode, then I have zero interest in a Modern Warfare 2 remaster.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mikemcn

I would be interested, haven't really played COD since black ops 1 but MW2's campaign was one i played multiple times on multiple diffculty levels. Its a real good one, seems weird that they would leave out multiplayer though?

Getting enough kills to get the tactical nuke was really fun, i only did it once but it was probably my favorite call of duty multiplayer moment.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

$25 for just the campaign is too much.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care enough about the campaign to even honestly pay money for it. If the multiplayer maps were all remastered and added into the map pool for Black Ops 4 as a good will thing for fans? Or even sold as a 20 dollar map pack? Sure that's cool.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was initially super excited about this, but that was when I thought it would include multiplayer.

If I can't run around stabbing people, then they don't get my money.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love a collection of multiple campaigns, tbh. But Activision don't roll that way.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: Yeah. Individually most COD's are pretty short, but if you take the Modern Warfare trilogy alone and put them together you get a 12 to 20-hour game which is a good length. I always kind of wanted them to put the MW trilogy out, but try to connect them more as if one large game and seamlessly go from one game to the next.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

How about they only remaster Spec Ops and the Multiplayer? Also add more Spec Ops levels. That would be ideal.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NTM

@bollard: Maybe for many, but there'd be less of a chance I'd get it.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

MW2s multiplayer was and I say this w/o a doubt in my mind, the most un-fun and frustrating competitive multiplayer modes I've ever played (and that actually says a lot). There are just a lot of things that need fixing that doing so would be a monumental task and risk MW2 elitists getting pissed. That whole unlimited grenade launcher thing....yeah...that ruined any competitive mode. Nuke boosters? That ruined FFA. Spec ops is great, tho.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OurSin_360

I beat that campaign while i had the flu in like 3 hours, then returned the game because i hated the multiplayer. First and last call of duty game, so i will say no on all fronts lol.

Remastering such a short campaign just seems like a waste of resources for fans though unless they charge like 10 bux or something.

TPoppaPuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By TPoppaPuff

I'll get it when it's on sale at $20 digital. I still haven't gotten around to playing the MWR campaign and I bought it at launch. I don't mind the lack of multiplayer because MW2's multiplayer was fun but also incredibly frustrating. It is one of if not THE most imbalanced multiplayer game of all time, and that's not even including glitches.

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Uh the game isnt old enough to be remastered. Money grab.

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MW2 was easily my favorite CoD, probably because it was the first I actually played. I absolutely loved the campaign, and actually just recently listened to the GB spoilercast for it, and it really makes me want to go back and play it. But I also loved the competitive mp, even though a lot of people hate on it now. Oh and Spec Ops was pretty fantastic as well. So if they don't release any of the multiplayer, I will be very salty. Ever since they announced MW Remastered, I've said that they should do MW2 Remastered. It's the only way that I'll ever play CoD again.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FrodoBaggins

You mean the worst part of MW2 is being remastered? Fuck that, give me it all or nothing.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Modern Warfare 2 was my very first multiplayer experience believe it or not. So them not doing a similar thing to it like they did with Modern Warfare 1 makes me very sad. I remember hooking up an ethernet cable to my arcade edition 360 one evening after finally convincing my parents to let me get xbox live. I loaded into the Wasteland map and started playing against people on the internet for the very first time. And what a time indeed...

Happy about the campaign still, but damn am I sad I won't get to play those maps again.

peteycoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give me Spec-Ops only and it's a deal

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

One of my fav CoD campaigns for sure, but I played through it at least three times, and beat it on the highest diff, so probably not. Now if they added spec-ops in, maybe. It'll be overpriced though just like Burnout Paradise.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. I enjoyed the MW2 campaign but if I really wanted to play it again I'd just reinstall on Steam. Can't imagine the remastered upgrades would be that significant.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the rumoured asking price I definitely am. Not interested in the mp anyway, though it'd be a bummer if the spec-ops stuff would also be completely left out. I just finished the mw1 remaster like a week ago, and while the gameplay felt somewhat dated at times, I was pretty impressed with how good it looked, and I still had fun with it.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

If they were pricing the campaign at about £5 I'd be interested but its not worth the price they're asking and not adding multiplayer is absolutely baffling to me. Lets be honest, I've enjoyed a few Call of Duty campaigns but its the multiplayer that keeps people returning.

What a strange decision.

craigieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's pretty naive to assume people will just want the campaign. I did have some good moments playing the story in MW2 but everyone knows what made that and a lot of the CoDs at the time the huge franchise it is now is the multiplayer experience.

I spent a lot of late nights in my youth grinding exp in MW2 to reach the prestige levels so a chance to relive some of that fun I had at the time would have been nice.

baracudadk2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No Spec Ops, No Deal.

davequirky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's only logical that they don't release another multiplayer shooter along with their new game and split the player base. and an MW2 remaster with multiplayer would absolutely trounce any of the newer CODs in popularity.

But hey maybe if if your game isn't good enough to compete with 9 year old remaster, you need to rethink your strategy and do something fresh with the series.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But what would be fresh when they've seemingly tried everything they could over the last few years?

eddeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean maybe I could stand to play the campaign again sometime if I had nothing else to play, but the mp followed by spec ops are head and shoulders over the campaign. If this is really the route they are taking with it. Why?

I really wish Activision hadn't killed FourDeltaOne (previously alterIWnet), it was the only thing that made MW2 on PC worth playing for me. Since Cod4 and modded MW2 I haven't really stuck to a cod game (on PC at least).

Avatar image for thievingsince95
thievingsince95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MW2's campaign was awesome so I'm most likely in, but damn all I wanted was that multiplayer back. I want to nuke Favela without hackers or needing to plug my PS3 back in.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I think it's only logical that they don't release another multiplayer shooter along with their new game and split the player base. and an MW2 remaster with multiplayer would absolutely trounce any of the newer CODs in popularity.

But hey maybe if if your game isn't good enough to compete with 9 year old remaster, you need to rethink your strategy and do something fresh with the series.

This. There is zero reason for them not to include the MP other than that they know that nothing they're capable of putting out would be better or more well-received. They're basically doing a cash grab on the brand built by the stellar work of the now-Respawn team while intentionally not giving their fanbase the classic MP they want in order to try and shovel their crap MP on the new one instead. It's a tacit admission that they're unable to outdo a game from a decade ago, yet have no qualms trying to make a quick buck off the franchise's former glory. Pathetic.

I would absolutely buy a MW2 remaster with multiplayer and without the required purchase of the new one, but that's not what they want us gamers to do. They want to staple their newest turd onto an actually good game (minus the part people want) to try and artificially inflate sales, rather than actually making something new that's worth a damn on its own merit. Please don't support this shit. Hopefully the new one tanks and they split this MW2 remaster into a standalone product with MP to try and salvage the fiscal year. That's the ideal outcome that both gives gamers what they want and sends a message that the CoD series needs to step its game up.

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

So if the rumor about no single player in black ops 4 is true, does this take its place, again, if true. Seems awfully coincidental.

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if they are going to lock it up with an $80 version of the game again. lol

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

So if the rumor about no single player in black ops 4 is true, does this take its place, again, if true. Seems awfully coincidental.

Yep. The lazy, half-assedness of this whole thing is infuriating.

I wonder if they are going to lock it up with an $80 version of the game again. lol

I would say that's highly likely, at least at launch. Making half a game that sells for more than a full game sure seems like some shit Activision Blizzard would do.