Will anyone be playing on PC?

Avatar image for ramblesnonsense
ramblesnonsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

I know XBONE and PS will have more players, but i got it on steam. Is anyone playing PC? I have no one to play with at the moment.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Boy, this is out next week already? Back with MW2, I would've been exposed to Eminem for at least two weeks by now.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends if they take the Ubisoft route and recommend 4 980s with a socket 2011-v3 i7 and 64 GB of DDR4 for their game that looks barely any better than the previous game in the series.

RafaelMei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

For some reason I find myself really wanting to play this game, I'll probably get in on PC eventually (way to busy with college to get it right now hahaha)

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm probably gonna get it on PC but there are so many games coming out in November that the chances of it being bought in november is slim.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

Out of curiousity I just took a look at the Ghosts page on Steam.

This came out less than a year ago - no thank you, Activision.

No Caption Provided

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: I don't see the problem? Standard DLC maps and a million tiny cosmetic multiplayer things?

tehmannie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll never buy a CoD game for PC again. They're console ports and more often, bad ones. Not to mention the player pool is so small that after a month you will only be playing TDM.

ramblesnonsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ramblesnonsense

@tehmannie: ya, that was something i thought about. But i don't have even Xbox gold at this point(or an xbone). So i'll give it a try

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3ac17a736d5
deactivated-5e3ac17a736d5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I picked up Ghosts last year, COD is like my guilty "Hollywood blockbuster" pleasure. My friend works at Sledgehammer, so I'll be getting it 'cause I like supporting the mates that "made it".
Feel free to add me on steam if you ever wish to play a game :)

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CoD is a guilty pleasure of mine. If the reviews are good and if the gameplay is remotely close to "Titanfall without Titans" I might get it.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Corevi

CoD is a guilty pleasure of mine. If the reviews are good and if the gameplay is remotely close to "Titanfall without Titans" I might get it.

It doesn't have anywhere near the same mobility. There's no wall running and the jumprockets just let you get to higher vantage points and aren't really used for getting around the map faster.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably around the holidays when I have more time. Add me up on steam here preemptively if you like

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:
@justicejanitor said:

It doesn't have anywhere near the same mobility. There's no wall running and the jumprockets just let you get to higher vantage points and aren't really used for getting around the map faster.

I'll probably wait for a Steam sale (if it ever happens), unless the reviews are overwhelmingly good. The last few Titanfall updates have made the game really interesting for me so I think I'll stick to that for my multiplayer FPS fix.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Aegon

No Caption Provided
dOm_CaTz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon: press x to mass grave.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@aegon: Wait, what? What? This is parody levels of dumb. I didn't think anything would be dumber than that Ace Combat: AH ending QTE, but goddammit, they dunnit.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By shivermetimbers
@aegon said:

No Caption Provided

Somehow, and this is extremely immature of me, if once you press F, you teabag the coffin.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@aegon: What the fuck?! They really went there. The actually fucking did it.

therealnelsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

COD has reached the threshold where it has transformed into a satire of itself. I wonder if they know this at all or they're just blissfully making these games while cracked out on game fuel and Doritos without any shred of self-awareness.

I'm still gonna play at least 100 hours of multiplayer. Steam: nelsk

turner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

TotalBiscuit just put up a review of the PC port.. looks like the devs actually put in some effort this year!

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turner: After watching this and reading Jeff's review... I'm kind of tempted now. I've been playing a lot of MW3 during lunch breaks with my co-workers. With a bit of luck they'll have an XBone/PS4 with the game at the office soon.

Dokaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WARNING: A lot of people are having problems with the performance on PC in multiplayer, including myself. I'm getting severe stuttering even though I'm at the 90 fps cap on max settings. This happens even on low settings and playing against bots.

In singleplayer, there's no fps cap and I'm getting 120+ fps with everything maxed, no stutters or hitches at all and it looks beautiful.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: you DID see thd snoop dogg voice pack in there, right? If anything justifies forking over $179.99, it's that!

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

GMG has this game for $50 so I was able to get it for $40 with leftover credit. Game runs flawlessly on my 980 maxed out including AA at 1440p/60fps

Steam ID: Colorful Afro

Anyone else feel some more interest in Titanfall when moving around the maps in Advanced Warfare? The speed and mobility in Titanfall almost shits on this game

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well shit, I just watched Totalbiscuit's multiplayer video and the movement looks very "Unreal Tournament" and I'm really interested now.

ramblesnonsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dokaka: i've seen about 45-60 secs of stuttering at the beginning of some matches. then it evens out.

Courgette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped playing it on PC after MW3. It was full of cheaters (teleporting players into the sky and dropping them, people shooting into the air from spawn and killing everyone, etc). and IW never did anything about it. I know this is a different studio, but it was enough to ruin CoD on PC for me.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played this last night and now it won't launch. Currently running a "verify integrity of cache" on it, so hopefully that works.

Also, there's no dedicated servers despite the developer saying that there would be dedicated servers. I'm running into a ton of stuttering issues and good ol' P2P lag online. That stuff is starting to combine into a real letdown.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've read on the Steam reviews page, multiplayer is outright unplayable due to lag problems. Is this true, or just a bunch of upset children trying to be entitled?

lachlan902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am playing with an i5, 8g ram, mediocre internet and a 6850 and multiplayer seems fine. I wish they included the 'draw fps' option again. I was also scared by the steam page, but no crashes or lag issues so far. Sometimes lobbies seem slow but it's rare and that's been happening since MW. I'd like to upgrade my card but for now I can run it on par with Blops2 visuals and it's running well. Is there a GB PC clan?

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By freakin9

I dunno, I'd consider the kids trying to spout racial and homophobic slurs online getting annoyed trying to find a lag free game a plus.

Though if there's really still lag playing against bots... wow.

I'll patiently wait for a Steam sale. Which at that point it's very likely I'll have lost interest and won't buy the game. Win win scenario.

jynxdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jynxdaddy

@chiablo said:

From what I've read on the Steam reviews page, multiplayer is outright unplayable due to lag problems. Is this true, or just a bunch of upset children trying to be entitled?

Pretty much my experience so far - when it can find players to play with. I don't know if no one is playing or the matchmaking is broken, but when I do find a game it is mostly with laggy international players (I'm fine with people speaking russian, but my ping to them is horrible).

Also I still lag on the lowest possible settings. I run Battlefield 4 on medium @ 1080 for comparison.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Syndrom

Also I still lag on the lowest possible settings. I run Battlefield 4 on medium @ 1080 for comparison.

Lag =/ fps drops.

lachlan902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lachlan902

Played against my first aimbot :'(

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the PC version is borked if your trying to play on multi-monitor or a 21:9 screen
there is no way to fix that... except to use 3rd party app, the downside of that is they will ban you for using that
so I just wasted 100 euros on steam for the digital pro edition which I cant play properly cause I own a 21:9 screen

so thanks Activision, for this shitty version of a console game that you mindlessly ported to the PC.

ShapeOfDespair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer PC, but my friends got it on PS4 so I ended up getting it there as well.

ramblesnonsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiablo: There is one map that lags in the first 30 seconds or so. the rest is tolerable. I also found that i had to make an exception for the game in my Firewall and it helped a lot.