Infinite Warfare reveal trailer.

• 125 results
NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

They're gonna be hard pressed to get more futuristic than this I imagine.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So this is COD with a Killzone plot? Earth vs. Human Settlers? Or vs. Aliens?

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By paulmako

So it seems like they are kinda self cannibalising from Advanced Warfare? The idea of an Advanced Warfare 2 seems kind of weird after this so who knows Sledgehammer are doing next.

I guess this one has first person spaceship combat now! That's one way to mix it up.

Also they just had to squeeze in that 'stay frosty' sound bite at the end. It's so dumb that I respect it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Hey man people always saying they should do something different.

I wonder if they chose that Bowie song because he passed recently or was that in the plans all along. Either way I dunno it looks interesting. I mean it's still probably going to be left trigger, right trigger, classic Call of Duty with some abilities on the bumpers. If nothing else I'm sure the single player campaign is going to be one hell of a ride.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NeoCalypso

@humanity: I dunno man, this doesn't look that different at all. It looks like Black Ops 3 with space combat from what that trailer shows.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This makes me really want them to split the MP/SP. I'd play/replay these campaigns but the MP has left me behind. I am glad that Call of Duty is at least pushing the default setting forward for these games. When CoD changes it up other shooter devs feel emboldened too.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayt said:

This makes me really want them to split the MP/SP. I'd play/replay these campaigns but the MP has left me behind. I am glad that Call of Duty is at least pushing the default setting forward for these games. When CoD changes it up other shooter devs feel emboldened too.

The Battlefield 5 reveal event is happening on Friday, so it will be interesting to see which direction they go. It's interesting overall that both franchises are having their reveals within a week of each other. I don't know if people are still playing Hardline but Battlefront did well. I imagine Battlefield 5 is going to have a bit more depth than Battlefront.

But what if it's a sequel to Battlefield 2142!? And it's a similar futuristic shooter with big spaceships floating around. Direct competition!

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulmako said:

@hayt said:

The Battlefield 5 reveal event is happening on Friday, so it will be interesting to see which direction they go. It's interesting overall that both franchises are having their reveals within a week of each other. I don't know if people are still playing Hardline but Battlefront did well. I imagine Battlefield 5 is going to have a bit more depth than Battlefront.

But what if it's a sequel to Battlefield 2142!? And it's a similar futuristic shooter with big spaceships floating around. Direct competition!

Yeah if I was a betting man I'd wager the new Battlefield will be a 2142-era game, probably set before 2142 itself so you get the future tech but with less of the ice-age. As for having more depth than Battlefront that is a low bar to beat haha.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing how Black Ops 3 has already appeared even on PSN Store for a surprisingly cheap price at this point, I could maybe pick this up from a sale next year.

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully that Modern Warfare remake will be released standalone, because, MAN does that new one look rough. Just all over the fucking map stylistically. On the contrary, MW still looks absolutely gorgeous.

MrKinoshiita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrKinoshiita

I'm probably in a minority in saying this, but the trailer really made me want a new Resistance game.

Get your WWII and Sci Fi fix together. I really liked those games.

Avatar image for deactivated-58513b27f2513
deactivated-58513b27f2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Except it's not very different from what they've already been doing. They've been sort of incrementally moving closer towards sci-fi for a while now. This doesn't hit as hard for me because this Infinite Warfare thing sort of blends in with the aesthetics of BO2, BO3 and Advanced Warfare.

How some people are ignoring this and acting like this looks like some big leap, I dont know. I guess finally going into space is enough for people, but at this point I'd rather have Titanfall 2 for what it's doing with its sci-fi.

But hey, it isn't Ghosts. That's...good.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giganteus: @neocalypso: Sure, like I said the moment to moment gameplay is probably not going to change all that much because much like Gears the people that annually play these games have come to expect a certain cadence from the mechanics and Activision is very much catering to the established crowd much more than trying to win back past fans that have fallen off the series along the years. The shooting aside, which quite frankly has always been very good in Call of Duty games (of course tastes will differ between the hit-scan / non-hit-scan fans) it's a nice leap to go all out future tech, Ghosts of Mars type stuff rather than the slow inching towards the inevitable laser warfare we've been doing thus far.

Make no mistake, Call of Duty will always be Call of Duty, the series has become too big to be anything else, so these sort of scenery changes can be a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"The biggest surprise attack in the history of our country, how could they not seen this coming?"

Do they know what surprise means?

Anyway, I'm way more interested in that Modern Warfare remake than I am for Infinite Warfare. While I watched the trailer I could only think of two things "it's the same as always but in space" and "well, this is dumb", specially when the music kicked in.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnymyko: I wonder if the Modern Warfare re-release is their panic button. Like they can only do that once.

Who am I kidding, look out for the Modern Warfare 2 pre-order bonus next year!

It does seem like all the recent forms of Call of Duty are merging together for this release. Kind of like Dark Souls III.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnymyko: Out of plain curiosity, what did you think was "dumb" about it? Or did you always think this series was dumb? Unless you mean dumb as in a "hey this is goofy fun" sort way.

I only ask because these days Call of Duty seems to have this pavlovian negative reaction attached to it that I'm not quite sure I understand.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I guess I'll break from the chorus here. I'm not much of a CoD player, but I'd like to play this.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I enjoyed the series from CoD2 until Modern Warfare 2, also played Black Ops but didn't really enjoyed it that much. After that I never really had any negative feelings towards Call of Duty, I've been mostly like "meh, it's not really my thing anymore, I don't care".

As for this one, I thought it was dumb as in just dumb. Neither positive "dumb" nor negative "dumb", just "dumb". It's hard to explain, I don't know.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnymyko: I enjoyed Call of Duty as much as you, except I went one game further and thought Black Ops 1 was also pretty fun. At that point I guess I had my fill. Maybe it's because I'm a huge fan of sci-fi (Dead Space being my favorite series of last gen) but stuff that I saw here looked fun or even cool. I like robots and space and stuff. I was similarly intrigued by Advanced Warfare but somehow never pulled the trigger on that, but the way this seems completely divorced from a real world setting is making me kind of interested.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Looks good! Not sure I'm ready to play another Call of Duty, but that looks good.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed Advanced Warfare, and I could see myself playing this one. I'm a sucker for anything space related. I didn't really get anything plot wise from that trailer. At first I thought they were aliens, but maybe not?

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23 jeanluc  Staff

Damn I was really hoping for Time Travel. Maybe the next one.

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have two Call of Duty games on the shelf I still haven't played. I have to at the minimum play the campaigns for Advance Warefare and BLOPS 3 before I buy another one of these. They've all been enjoyable so far but, they really need to throttle back on pumping them out.

Kubertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So CoD has gone full halo: reach then?

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As soon as I saw Captain Price I was like oh man did they genetically clone price to come help fight the war? FUCK YES you got me back in Call of Duty. Then was disappointed to remember that COD4 was being remastered.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

SPAAAAACE! Maybe I'll try Call of Duty again. Maybe.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wuddel

@bollard: Yeah. Especially they say that this will only contain 10 maps. I really would like all maps. "Chinatown"!

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@paulmako said:

@johnymyko: I wonder if the Modern Warfare re-release is their panic button. Like they can only do that once.

Who am I kidding, look out for the Modern Warfare 2 pre-order bonus next year!

After playing Advanced Warfare's multiplayer, including MW2 multiplayer is about the only thing that could get me to buy a Sledgehammer game next year.

I might as well also post what I said in the other thread:

79.99, just as I was hoping it would be. This beats the heck out of some stupid plastic statue. Really hoping multiplayer will be remastered as well, but either way, I'm in day one.

Still a stupid title, though.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That looked like 3 different games mashed into one trailer.
Modern day, near future, future future. ; )

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The game honestly looks pretty interesting, much more so than any of the other latest Call of Dutys but...

Bowie didn't die for this nonsense. Get outta here with that shit.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Call of Duty IN SPAAAAAACE still looks an awful lot like the last handful of "near-future" COD games. Hopefully they'll do something interesting with their setting, but I guess I haven't cared about a Call of Duty game in years.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Cool! Space! I like space a lot!

That doesn't mean I'll buy this one, though. If the whole space thing is just a cutscene and then I'm doing the Call of Duty thing on a spaceship, or if the whole space level is a barely interactive QTE fest, I'll avoid it. But I'll buy it if they really flesh out the whole space part, do something meaningful with that setting, I'll lean towards buying it or at least renting it for the campaign.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@milkman said:

The game honestly looks pretty interesting, much more so than any of the other latest Call of Dutys but...

Bowie didn't die for this nonsense. Get outta here with that shit.

This isn't a new trend, but it sure is a stupid one. I've lost count of how many gaming trailers use modern covers of established songs. It rarely works.

One of the few times I feel it did work was perhaps the first example that I noticed of the current trend:

Loading Video...
@wuddel said:

@bollard: Yeah. Especially they say that this will only contain 10 maps. I really would like all maps. "Chinatown"!

After thinking about it more, depending on the maps that they go with, I'd actually rather have just 10. MW1 multiplayer without the possibility of having to play Bloc? Sign me up.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jimbo

Still wondering why one of the big boys hasn't taken a stab at a AAA multi-plat space shooter yet. That 5% of the trailer was easily the coolest part and 'modern' console controllers are perfect for the genre.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo said:

Still wondering why one of the big boys hasn't taken a stab at a AAA multi-plat space shooter yet. That 5% of the trailer was easily the coolest part and 'modern' console controllers are perfect for the genre.

While not AAA, Warframe has a nice space combat mode. Reminds me of Colony Wars, for anyone who played that game.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna buy it because I can't not at this point and the first part of the trailer looked DULL AS HELL but I'm always hopeful. I feel like COD has hit more than missed for me.

I'm not fooled by the space battle gameplay. That's going to be on rails like always but there was stuff in the second half that seemed interesting.

Graphically, it looks way worse than last year's game.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call of Duty IN SPAAAAAACE still looks an awful lot like the last handful of "near-future" COD games. Hopefully they'll do something interesting with their setting, but I guess I haven't cared about a Call of Duty game in years.

It might be even a step back because I'm not seeing advance movement options. Unless the zero gravity stuff will play a big part.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39  Edited By wrighteous86

Seeing this sci-fi nonsense followed immediately with CoD4 Remastered really hammers home how the more grounded military games are gone for good and we're just stuck with Summer Blockbusters from now on.

I appreciated and miss the relative restraint of the original Modern Warfare. It just feels like they've lost the plot with these games, much like Halo has.

Also, how many different versions of "Future Warfare" do we need? Advanced Warfare, Ghosts, Black Ops, Infinite Warfare... Wasn't part of the point of having multiple teams work on this series that they'd all do their own thing? Their own take on things? Instead we get 4-5 different "Hey, the future's pretty fucked, right?" in a row?

It is one company competing with itself over and over again. It is a snake eating it's own tail. It is... Infinite Warfare.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love sci-fi stuff and CoD, so I'm into this. Also, that MW Remaster looks WAY better than I was expecting. Was that an entirely different engine? Really excited for that now.

Alucitary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this just the plot of Gundam Wing?

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I am actually excited this year for the new game.....well the remastered port of the old game. I still go back to Call of Duty 4 now and then and the multiplayer is still a ton of fun.

kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit if that remaster has mods support I am all over it. I dont give a damn about Infinite warfare. maaaan, i put over 10k hours into CoD4 Multiplayer (mostly promod).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman: Dude no offense but what are you even talking about? Bowie didn't die for this? Bowie was an artist that unfortunately passed away due to illness. This videogame, which some argue is art, is somehow below the gigantic privelage of using a Bowie cover? Seriously?

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks cool, I love space. I'm also the weirdo that enjoyed the Ghosts campagin a whole lot more than Advanced Warfare.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ripelivejam

Yes, get it over with and just have time travel and crazy portals everywhere. I want my dumb battles of medieval infantry vs trench warfare vs cyber space jetpack ninjas and mechs. Also space wizards. Zombies. Dragons. Zombie dragons. Fuck it. Just... fuck it.

In space... no one can hear you pre-order...

jackburtonme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, the Modern Warfare remaster looks like the better game to me. I'm not sure how smart it was to put the two trailers together.

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

@teoball said:

This looks cool, I love space. I'm also the weirdo that enjoyed the Ghosts campagin a whole lot more than Advanced Warfare.

The Ghosts campaign was decent but I actually liked Ghosts MP quite a bit, even though everyone else seemed to hate it at the time.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Zirilius
HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

Looks interesting... But it still looks like COD. I don't really see anything meaningfully changing here. Their set piece moments will probably be better. But nothing incredible or unique. But again, looks good, glad they have made some changes. Not sure I care about the COD franchise anymore. Black Ops 3 pretty much took care of my COD fix for a good long time.