Absolutely loving the beta so far

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

After being extremely put-off by the character ability focused Black Ops 4, this is a return to form that really hits. The gunplay feels punchier than ever, with a more kinetic feeling with each pull of the trigger than previous games. The ground war mode with vehicles and shit is a bit out of the ordinary but I found it to be plenty fun, gives slow old dudes like me a better opportunity to succeed than some of the faster, smaller maps do. Very excited to see what they do with co-op modes, can't believe I went from completely disregarding this title to pre-ordering and getting excited in the course of an evening.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

This is the most excited I’ve been for a Call of Duty game since Black Ops 2. I think their focus on small details, like sound design and animations, as well as features like steadying weapons on surfaces and opening and closing doors (!!!), has had a huge impact on the feel of the game.

It blows my mind that they’ve basically added Battlefield to it in the form of the 32v32 Ground War mode. I’m not convinced yet that it plays especially well but it’s super fun. Similarly, the crossplay feature has just been amazing to see. I really hope that becomes standard next gen because it will have such a huge, positive impact on multiplayer.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I like it, i'm happy that it runs well on my PC, but i'm finding visibility to be pretty bad, specifically the contrast between indoor and outdoor areas.
I know they haven't decided whether to hide the radar yet, but i think it's kind of necessary if visibility is going to be as bad as it is.

Brakara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Brakara

I really enjoy the NVG and Realism modes, so this is the most fun I've had with CoD since BLOPS 2. But killstreaks in a 64 player game is just the worst, and combined with being cramped on a smallish map, it makes Ground War even worse than the worst Battlefield games.

Also, count me in the camp who wants to get rid of the minimap. Like Jeff said in the QL, it makes you stare at the damn thing way too much.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I 100% prefer point streaks over kill streaks and that is kind of a game breaker for me. Especially with the spawns the way they are. 64 people on a fairly small map makes it a camp fest if you want to go for those streaks.

Busto1299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Busto1299

Yeah I have played every COD game for the last decade but the sound design, the new feel of the weapons, and just the small changes made to the finer points of the game really push COD forward in subtle but also really valuable ways. I Can't wait to play it when the game launches in October.