Which games are playable in 2020 on Win 10?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey duders,

I guess we're on quarantine! I'd like to play some RTS in the coming months, and I look back fondly on the CNC games.

However, I know how difficult it can be playing older games on modern OS. Can anyone suggest any ideas, or even let me know which games will work with the least objections? My most desired games to play are Tib Sun and Red Alert 2.

I have them all up to CNC4: Tib Twilight

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 86

EA released the oldest C&C games as freeware a few years ago. There are fan-made installers, patches, etc. to make the games work on modern systems like Win 10 and add new online multiplayer. Tiberian Sun with everything you need is available here. The patcher for Red Alert 2 with Yuri's Revenge is available here, but you'll need to have installed your own copy of the game from whatever source.

Also worth mentioning that the official C&C Remaster comes out on June 5, but it only includes the original C&C and Red Alert 1.

I played through the entire campaigns of Tib Sun, RA2, and their expansion packs 6 months ago--those games are still lots of fun!