Didn't expect this response!!!

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thank you for making such a quirky, fun, and charming experience! Also like others have said, thanks to you and many of the actors for interacting with the community, it has made all of this that much more fun!

Avatar image for contradictionvg
ContradictionVG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you again for all these really great comments and encouragement, it really makes a massive difference and you should know they're very, very much appreciated.

thepullquotes - Android is a real possibility, I wanted to do it but I ran into video playback problems, but if I can pin down which tablets it works properly on and why then I'll be able to do it, it's certainly possible as the iPad version was created with Titanium Appcelerator, which also ports to Android. Nasar7 & TAFAE - an iPhone version is possible, but I'd have to seriously redesign the interface first!

MechaKirby - I think the exposure Giant Bomb have given the game is priceless, I have nothing bad to say about it!!

MechaMarshmallo - Rupert IS Jenks!! He definitely hammed up his performance for this but he's 100% Jenks really! That's Rupert's hat too, he just turned up with it on the first day of shooting so we stuck with it! You can see him (and me and John) in Tim Leftwich's channel very soon - https://www.youtube.com/user/timleftwich - we did an interview for his channel this afternoon.

BlackLagoon & Chaser324 - this is VERY interesting news, definitely something I'll follow up - thank you!! I'd never even considered this actually, but certainly if it's possible I'll do it.

Retris - ah, Puzznic!! Fond memories, etc, etc... Hope the C64 gets a relaunch like the ZX Spectrum!

Thanks again for all the support. Happy days!!

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for snideinsinuations
SnideInsinuations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished the game, enjoyed it a great deal! It's just the right level of campy to be intriguing while also being downright hilarious at times. I hope the sequel gets made, and if it does I hope you continue to play into the silliness. I think we'd lose a lot from being expected to take this thing fully seriously. (That said, I did find the story quite gripping, in an aware-of-its-own-implausibility kind of way!)

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

When I get the money I'm dropping $10 on this game to show my support. I've been loving every second of the content that GB has put up. I hope you get the chance to make more wonderful FMV games.

sparkysanxion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi Tim. Thanks for making this great/silly/interesting game.

For those that have only seen it on the beast streams, the video looks amazing in the actual game. Really well lit and shot for sure.

Also, not to come over all fanboy, but was always a big fan of your music on the C64. You, and a few others from that time, are the reason I am a musician now.

Agent X II is especially memorable to me.

Hope sales go great and you can get a follow up made.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I very interesting game ContradictionVG. I'm sure when I say, "Looking forward to the next game", I'm speaking for many people here at GB and on the net. I hope this first game proves lucrative enough to fund the next game in the manner in which you might envision it.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By Mcfart

@monkeyking1969 said:

I very interesting game ContradictionVG. I'm sure when I say, "Looking forward to the next game", I'm speaking for many people here at GB and on the net. I hope this first game proves lucrative enough to fund the next game in the manner in which you might envision it.

True that...Contradiction is great guys! Thank you for the entertainment :D. Reason the GB coverage of Contridiction is so entertaining is because your game brings the best out of the GB crew :).

Gotta say, love the acting.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

#109  Edited By stordoff

Five minutes in, I'm thinking this game is terrible. Ten minutes in, I can't decide if it is genius or still terrible. Twenty minutes in, I'm completely on board and loving it (bought on Steam even though I don't plan on playing it myself just to support it, and hopefully a sequel/similar game/cast). The style, the steady ramp from mundane murder investigation to wierd occult nonsense, and striking characters make for a pretty incredible experience.

Edit: A console version would be a day one buy for me (ideally Xbox One) - I suspect a port house could do it fairly easily as most of the game is just video playback.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#110 Mento  Moderator

It's been hard to not just come in here and gush about the soundtracks to Equinox and Plok for five paragraphs, but I'll restrain myself and say that Contradiction's been a lot of fun to watch so far. I hope to get the game soon, and I've really been enjoying this wave of FMV-related content from all corners of late (Contradiction, Her Story, Tesla Effect, The Wavy Tube Man Chronicles...).

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#111  Edited By notnert427

This is awesome. I absolutely love this game, and equally love the devs and actors' response to GB's coverage. It's really nice to see a group of people that doesn't take themselves too seriously and gets the GB humor. Honestly, I'm completely enthralled beyond simply enjoying the campiness on an ironic level as well. I just HAVE to know how this story plays out, and I'm buying it the second the GB coverage ends to play through it myself, even after I know the ending. Jenks is Jim Varney on steroids (in all the right ways), and Paul Darrow is legitimately intense/terrifying on Charles Dance levels. Y'all have made something special here, and thank you so much for that. Please continue making games like this. I will buy them all, @contradictionvg. You guys are the best.

resmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@contradictionvg: you're awesome. Props to you for seeing something through. Good luck with the sequel! :)

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#113  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@contradictionvg: Thank you for making such an amazing experience! It's so hard for all the pieces to come together in the spectacular way that they have here that I really do think you accomplished something great (ie, something that is both gripping in terms of what's happening in the story, and also charmingly hilarious in (I assume) a "We're laughing with you, not at you" way).

I dunno if you're familiar with Deadly Premonition (someone else may have mentioned it here, for all I know), but this game reminds me a lot of that one. Positively, I should say, as I love DP.

Anyway, thanks again. I've not laughed so hard in a very long time. \m/

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@contradictionvg when it comes to video game silliness, you can always expect this from Giant Bomb.

It's not a game I'll play myself, but Vinny and co have already provided me with more than enough entertainment to warrant a purchase, if only to support it. I'll gift it to my Mum, and hope that her mind isn't utterly bamboozled by the crazy UI stuff.

Avatar image for knightdehumidifier
KnightDehumidifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's easy to see that fans of compelling murdery mysteries that were burned on the second season of True Detective, finally have a thriller to look forward to enjoying. Suspense has a black hat and throwing up horns.

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@contradictionvg Bought it JUST because I saw the Giantbomb videos and I've loved my time with it. Going to buy iOS version just to have it with me at work. Considering the whole demo script and budget thing it's really entertaining FMV. Can't ask for much more than that :)

dawnclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#117  Edited By dawnclover

@contradictionvg the game is amazing! It has the same quirkiness that makes me absolutely love Deadly Premonition, for example. I have not bought it yet, but will soon after getting my paycheck. I won't play it very soon as I want to see the GB crew playing it, unless my girlfriend gets into it, then I might play it soon.

Either way, I really hope you do a sequel! We need more Jenks, and this one isn't even over yet!

If I did this
\m/
Would it mean anything to you?

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@contradictionvg: Contradiction won me over so quickly it was alarming - it's got that special mix of charm, enthusiasm, and je ne sais quoi that come together to make something really special. I'm very glad to see its been getting a good response and I hope to see a more from you in the future. Great work!

devilgunman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought the game and just finished it moments ago. I really enjoyed my time playing it but wished the story wrapped up better.

Keep up the great work! I want more Jenks!

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#121  Edited By Red12b

@contradictionvg:

Great fucking game Duder, Great fucking game,

@pie said:

You've made a pretty cool thing dude

It's given us all so much joy already. I want more Jenks, I want Jenks on tour solving cases like Murder She Wrote.

I like how you guys posted first,

It's been awhile

ravingham91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great stuff man keep it up! The game has been a real joy to experience

Enuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It truly is the Velvet Sundown of 2015!

Littleg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully, the coverage that GB is bringing to Contradiction will fund a massive development budget for 'Contradiction 2: Liars All Around!'. Maybe you could make it a punishingly hard isometric RPG? The last one of those I played had some of the best music I heard on the SNES...

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Congrats dude, everybody here is enjoying it. The is a lot love for FMV silliness here.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@littleg said:

Hopefully, the coverage that GB is bringing to Contradiction will fund a massive development budget for 'Contradiction 2: Liars All Around!'.

That title would at least be more accurate.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jenks is easily the best new character this year. Good job on making this incredibility entertaing game.

chortleofearl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is such an obvious amazing thing, surprised there aren't 100 of these more modern takes on fmv games. it's fantastic!

Turkeydipking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Contradiction is what finally pulled me over to buy Giant Bomb Premium so congratulations on making something so charismatic and loveable! :) When I can I'll be picking up the Steam or iPad version to show support! (And get my sister to play it.. she loves FMV games)

Existence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@contradictionvg You guys have made a wonderful thing, I went out and bought it right after GB's first video and thought if GB doesn't do a full playthrough (or get to do a full playthrough) then I definitely need to play it myself to see the story through! Hope you guys are doing good on sales despite all that piracy crap happening!

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Lanechanger

@littleg said:

Hopefully, the coverage that GB is bringing to Contradiction will fund a massive development budget for 'Contradiction 2: Liars All Around!'.

That title would at least be more accurate.

Contradiction 2: Spot the one @truthtellah

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You're doing god's work.

After 5 minutes of the QL I bought the game then 100%'d it in a couple of sometimes frustrating, always hilarious sittings. Yes it's got jank up the wazoo but it's got charm - Loved it.

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#134  Edited By Frybird

Wouldn't give myself too much of a hard time regarding the coding/gameplay.

Yes, from what i've seen through the Videos the Main Menu seems a bit Jenk-y (har har), but other than that, it presents itself to be a very smartly designed game in many aspects, like the easy access to every past Dialogue, the well made map with built in Fast Travel, and the focus on interrogating people makes IMO for a much more exciting Adventure Game than many Pixel-Hunty-Point and Click Adventures.

And for a Webkit/Javascript Game, it seems pretty well made even regarding some of the obvious Bugs.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I just bought it off steam. I doubt I'll play it, since they'll probably do the whole thing on the site, but we need to support gloriously stupid stuff like this.
Also, how did you manage to convince Rachel Weisz twin sister to be in your game?

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#138  Edited By geirr

@contradictionvg Gotta say I'm super surprised to see my absolute favorite C64 music composer return to make one of my absolute favorite pieces of entertainment this year. I used to load up games just to listen to your music (as well as Gray, Ouwehand and Daglish) while doing homework a few decades ago!

I purchased Contradiction on Steam after about 30 minutes of Giantbomb's QL and now I'm thinking about gifting it to clueless friends.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By shaunk

Hi - just thought I'd say thank you to Giant Bomb for totally getting my crazy game and for all the nice things people are saying! And the bad things. (Especially the bad things.)

To put it in perspective - the script we all worked from was still called 'demo script' up until almost we started shooting, I always planned to make a cheap demo first, then see what was wrong with it, try and fix it and turn it into a 'proper' game, but filming it and making it was just so much f..ing work I realised early on I'd have to go for it, but with practically no budget I had to ditch a ton of things I wanted in it and relegate them to 'the sequel' - so if I do get to make another one it'll hopefully be a ton better! Still won't take itself seriously though...

So yes it's full of 'quirks' (i.e, enormous bugs) both in the script and God knows in the programming, but I had to teach myself to program to make this (it's a Node-Webkit / Javascript game) so any real programmer would laugh / cry at the coding. But my goal was to make something entertaining and stupid and definitely not taking itself seriously, so thanks Giant Bomb and everyone else for 'getting' that!!

You made an interesting story which led to some of the best video content this website has to offer. Good work.

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ekami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole thread is just the best. Most of the time I think of dev/player interaction as being antagonistic, but then a nice person with a charming game gets great feedback from a bunch of other nice people and everything is cool.

Games!

RupertBooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd pop in to say thanks so much for all the kind words about "Contradiction". We had a hell of a lot of fun making it (as you might have gathered) and the fact that so many of you are really getting it is just amazing! Personally, I've been howling with delighted laughter at loads of the comments on here (not to mention staring in astonishment at the GIFs) so...yeah, basically just thanks!

I must point out that despite what the esteemed Mr Follin says, I'm not 100% Jenks. But he IS 100% Contradiction.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Oh I gotta hop on the Thank-you train for this one. This game will easily make it into my GOTY 2015 list (spoiler: it's at the top so far). My wife is dying to make another runthrough because she desperately wants to see it through to the end. @contradictionvg you made one amazing thing.

one more thing: I'm hungry for a sequel already!

ExK4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a hot, beautiful mess of a video game.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd pop in to say thanks so much for all the kind words about "Contradiction". We had a hell of a lot of fun making it (as you might have gathered) and the fact that so many of you are really getting it is just amazing! Personally, I've been howling with delighted laughter at loads of the comments on here (not to mention staring in astonishment at the GIFs) so...yeah, basically just thanks!

I must point out that despite what the esteemed Mr Follin says, I'm not 100% Jenks. But he IS 100% Contradiction.

We've been blessed on this hilariously wonderful journey to hear comments from the developer, several of the actors, and now Jenks himself is actually here!

I think I speak for everyone here when I say:

That you did THIS......means everything to us.

Frenden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone!

I hope we get more Contradiction and Jenks. I love what y'all created.

megasoum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#147  Edited By megasoum

@rupertbooth said:

Hey everyone!

If any of you guys ever visit the Bay Area or NYC, you absolutely need to show up on the site!

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rupertbooth: There is a special place in the heart of Giant Bomb for earnest FMV. Thank you and everyone else involved in the project for this experience.

richyhahn4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone that makes FMV in 2015(or whatever year this game actually was released in, forgive me) is cool in my book

RupertBooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rupertbooth said:

Hey everyone!

We've been blessed on this hilariously wonderful journey to hear comments from the developer, several of the actors, and now Jenks himself is actually here!

I think I speak for everyone here when I say:

That you did THIS......means everything to us.

LOL! Aww, bless ya! But in all honesty, Tim is Da Man here, Tim and John Guilor who did a lot of Production Management, I just turned up and gurned and twitched and gibbered and showed props to someone new every day. I'm really proud of being involved with what to me is an amazingly clever thing (I'm no gamer and had never even heard of FMV before...learning!) so it's great to see all their work getting it's due. I'm hoping as much as anyone else for a sequel, I wanna find out what happens!