noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@notnert427: Seconding this!

Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd pop in to say thanks so much for all the kind words about "Contradiction". We had a hell of a lot of fun making it (as you might have gathered) and the fact that so many of you are really getting it is just amazing! Personally, I've been howling with delighted laughter at loads of the comments on here (not to mention staring in astonishment at the GIFs) so...yeah, basically just thanks!

I must point out that despite what the esteemed Mr Follin says, I'm not 100% Jenks. But he IS 100% Contradiction.

Thanks for bringing Jenks to life the way you did as I just can't imagine Contradiction without him (and by extention you). Fantastic stuff! And I've gotta say, bringing the hat was the right choice.

Keep up the good work, duder!

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just completed the game, ended up playing it anyway as I couldn't wait for the next installment here on GB to see what happened with the story. Great game! I hope the sequel will be even better and slightly more open ended.

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Just want to drop in and add the positive vibes! The game and the content is just such enjoyable fun! Cheers @contradictionvg

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Badge of honour.

No Caption Provided

In fact, we need trading cards!

NmareBfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just out of curiosity, how many of ya'll recognize the name Tim Follin? The fact that he's here is blowing my mind out the back of my head but I get the impression you whippersnappers might not be aware.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You have made a beautiful mess of a game. I mean this in the most sincerest way possible!

Contradiction will probably be held in the same legendary light on this site as other fine gems such as Bioforge and Deadly Premonition!

Thank you for making this.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd pop in to say thanks so much for all the kind words about "Contradiction". We had a hell of a lot of fun making it (as you might have gathered) and the fact that so many of you are really getting it is just amazing! Personally, I've been howling with delighted laughter at loads of the comments on here (not to mention staring in astonishment at the GIFs) so...yeah, basically just thanks!

I must point out that despite what the esteemed Mr Follin says, I'm not 100% Jenks. But he IS 100% Contradiction.

Thanks for creating something so joyously entertaining! I'm glad you're getting the attention you deserve. Great to hear from you here on the site!

Thrillhouse87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game is really something else, I love it. Can we hope for a sequel at some point in the future?

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma just posted this thank you video:

Loading Video...

cr125er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By cr125er

Even though I'll probably just be a spectator and watch GB play it, I bought a copy on Steam to support this awesome madness. Great work, Tim and cast! Fingers crossed you guys get to make a sequel!

pottsynz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought this on Ipad (interface seems touch orientated and I want Jenks to join me in bed) and am kind of playing along as the boys go through. Thanks so much for this, please let this be the first of a wave of awesome FMV games :D

deeetour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've been gushing on Twitter for the last few days, but figured I'd add to this love-fest too. Thanks @contradictionvg, @rupertbooth, @anilla1982 (and Magnus & John!) for making such a great thing. First game in a long time I played from start to finish with my wife :)

Looking forward to the rest of the GBE play through!

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma just posted this thank you video:

Loading Video...

Crazy! Didn't know she was Irish, and gotta admit I have a mild juvenile crush on her character. its so awesome to see how they all reaching out to the community like this. Hopefully all this will lead to a sequel.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@contradictionvg I just bought the game, even though I may never get around to actually playing it (assuming the GB guys play it to completion). Thanks again for making such a great experience! <3

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#165 fisk0  Moderator

Just out of curiosity, how many of ya'll recognize the name Tim Follin? The fact that he's here is blowing my mind out the back of my head but I get the impression you whippersnappers might not be aware.

i've been a fan of his music since I was a kid. After the first quick look I added the game to my Steam wishlist, but once I saw his name associated with it I purchased the game instantly.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads said:
@littleg said:

Hopefully, the coverage that GB is bringing to Contradiction will fund a massive development budget for 'Contradiction 2: Liars All Around!'.

That title would at least be more accurate.

Contradiction 2: Spot the one @truthtellah

I like it! Has a nice ring to it...

LitMac86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I just picked up Contradiction on Steam. The game has its issues, but it also has so much heart. As someone who grew up with a lot of British detective shows, I really appreciate the goofy tongue in cheek take on the genre. Thank you all for the game, would love to see a sequel.

Also, is it just me, or does the gentleman who plays Ryan remind anyone else of Rik Mayall (R.I.P.)?

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

If someone told me the most charming FMV game of 2015 features a David Tennant impression gone completely off the rails, I certainly wouldn't believe it - but here we are. Wonderful work chaps, please keep this good thing going and best of luck to future projects!

And rock on, good people.

No Caption Provided

beomoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Giant Beast Travelogue: Contradiction. Please, CBSi?

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

@contradictionvg: I know this isn't exactly an AMA, but was the whole "British Jim Varney" thing an intentional move on the part of the actor, or did it just turn out that way.

It REALLY is uncanny.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm almost certainly over exaggerating by saying that I've never wanted a sequel more, but I've gotta say that I really hope the positive coverage here gives a hope for another adventure (hopefully a point-and-click adventure, if I'm being honest) in this little world. By the end I was absolutely eating all of it up and I didn't even care that it controls like an Ultima game if they only used four of the keys on the keyboard but what stuck was Zstats and other such nonsense.

I could watch Ryan Rand chew up scenery all fucking day.

fangrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey bought the game and finished it! Its a great game, love the world building. Im looking forward to a sequel!

Im interested in knowing if the giantbomb quick look boosted sales numbers?

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

We need a GIF of Jenks getting covered with the bag! lol

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fangrim said:

Hey bought the game and finished it! Its a great game, love the world building. Im looking forward to a sequel!

Im interested in knowing if the giantbomb quick look boosted sales numbers?

Of course it did. Probably substantially. That's why they are thanking you.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@contradictionvg: I bought the game as well, because I'm going to watch it Vinny and co playing it. Even my gf got really into watching it being played, even thought she normally doesn't. Thank you and all the actors for providing so much entertainment for us.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

A few more positive reviews on Steam will bump this game up into Overwhelmingly Positive territory.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b8656eaf424
deactivated-64b8656eaf424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This whole thing is pretty awesome.

All the cards should just be Jenks doing the devilhorns in various poses.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Lanechanger

@parsnip said:

@dave_tacitus said:

[H] Magic Mint [W] \m/ 1:1 same set trade only

Maedhros925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Maedhros925

@contradictionvg@rupertbooth@anilla1982 You all have given us an amazing gift. I know the internet has no shortage of people who will say awful things about any creator's work, so I feel it's important to give praise wherever it is earned. Allow me to add my voice to the chorus here on Giant Bomb. You went for it, you created something truly absurd, especially when experienced vicariously through Vinny Caravella, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. Thank you, and everyone else involved, for creating this wonderful little game.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By matatat

@contradictionvg FWIW I did run into a bug in the iPad version where calling the chief revealed information that I hadn't yet discovered.

Jenks mentioned something about the affair between Emma and Ryan to the chief before Emma even confessed the affair.

I was already sort of aware of it before because I've been watching the GB videos but I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing next and then was surprised when it revealed info that I hadn't discovered in game yet.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I bought the game after watching about 10 minutes of the live stream.

Decided I'd play for a bit before bed tonight. 5 hours later according to steam, I've finished it. And stayed up way too late.

Wonderful game, and I really hope you manage to make a sequel.

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Jeldh

@parsnip said:

@dave_tacitus said:

Oh man, that would be so good, haha!

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Its a cool thing!! Great work, i'll be getting it soon

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By EquitasInvictus
Daniel_Alfieri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@equitasinvictus: Haha, awesome! I'm the actor who plays Kyle... F***ing Teens always putting hessian bags on detective's heads!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@equitasinvictus: oh my god, you are doing the good man's work lol thank you for that. I was absolutely dying when that happened. Couldn't stop laughing for at least a couple minutes.

lonestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I demand there to be an Inspector Jenks cameo in the end of the year videos.

And for Vinny to play Zombie/Alive Liam in Contradictions 2 and 3.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I love that this is happening. All of it.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also for funsies: there was one particular \m/ moment that really gave me Nic Cage vibes. So I made this:

No Caption Provided

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love what you dudes have made and it makes me super happy that this game has created a big dang love-fest 'round these parts. You've done something special and I hope we get to see a sequel.

Also, there's some legitimately awesome cinematography in this game!

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love FMV games, adventure games, and funny games. You made something that is all 3. Bravo. Bought it as soon as I saw the QL.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yesiamaduck: Hey, if there's a character I'd most like to party with this year, it has to be Jenks. (James can provide the "refreshments.")

456nto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@litmac86 said:

Also, is it just me, or does the gentleman who plays Ryan remind anyone else of Rik Mayall (R.I.P.)?

You're not alone. Something about Ryan's stand-offish pompousness coupled with self awareness and frequently down-played lying instantly reminded me of Rik. Such a great actor. RIP indeed.

Paradoxx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd have a pint with Jenks, he seems like a swell dude!

RupertBooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm liking all this talk of pints and parties ;-) This is turning into a really nice experience, none of us knew how it would be recieved so for it to be embraced by all of you guys who really GET it is making us all smile a lot. So much so that we will all be arrested for being scary by grinning in the streets.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11