They're making another one!

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

So it appears the studio that brought us the delightful gem that is Contradiction is getting the band back together to make a new game. They've recently started filming with a release planned for 2020. Is anyone else extremely excited for another bad/good modern FMV game?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Judging from that clip alone, a GBE playthrough should already get confirmed for when it comes out.

Froghourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yesyesyes.gif

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems cool, but it's a different studio than the one that made Contradiction. Same actors, though.

catsanddogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The GBE playdate for this game was a masterpiece.

It actually inspired me to buy the game and play through it with my mom, who is 67 years old and definitely not a gamer -- she loved it, although some of the humor was lost on her:

No Caption Provided

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Long as there are plenty of ham sandwiches in every scene, I am all for it.

BonelessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BonelessSpirit

This is not the same developer who made Contradiction which was the veteran video game composer Tim Follin.

I'm reserving judgment because I don't know this dev and how well he can make an FMV game, which is admittedly a difficult thing to get right.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#8 chaser324  Moderator

That is a hell of a clip. It does appear that while the cast has some familiar faces, this is a different development studio. Good or bad though, I'm sure we'll get some solid FMVinny action.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

A perfect way to sell a game. Having Rupert Booth destroy a plane with a snap on his fingers has me sold.

vektroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vektroid

Welp, that's all I needed. This game's going to be a gem.

Ganonmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Had Contradiction on my mind a while ago. Delighted to hear they're working on something again. \m/

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BrainScratch

As soon as this gets released, I hope they can invite Austin and do a playthrough with the same crew from their first Contradiction content. 🤟

Edit: This doesn't seem to be a sequel to Contradiction, just an FMV game with some of the same actors. Rupert Booth plays a character named Gedeon in this one, not Detective Frederick Jenks.

TayannaStudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TayannaStudios

Hey guys and gals!

I'm Darren, the developer of The Dark Side of the Moon.

As previously pointed out, 'Contradiction' isn't ours, although we do have two of their actors in our game - Rupert Booth and Anarosa Butler.

I'm delighted that our little 'clicky-bye-bye-plane' video clip seems to have gone down rather well here - it makes me feel all warm inside...Then again, that could just be Simon's Home Brew ;)

If you have any questions you'd like to ask then I'll try my absolute best to answer them for you.

RupertBooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone! Nice to be back here, how are you all doing?

So yeah, just to be clear, this new game is nothing to do with "Contradiction" but it does have myself and the ever wonderful Anarosa as pretty prominent characters in it. I'm playing an evil god (as you do) called Gedion and Anarosa is excelling as an utterly loveable creation named Alyx.

It's been a lot of fun to shoot and hopefully will be to play and I'd be grateful for every bit of support you can give to Darren, the developer. If it all goes over well, he has definetly got more planned for the future.

Thanks for the kind words and may the sun shine on you all! Until I destroy it with a finger click....

Rupe

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@rupertbooth: Excellent! Hope to see you on the Jingle Jam soon, as well.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

test

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By devise22

Christmas did come early. My excitement for this project is literally as high as it can get.

TayannaStudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello! I'm just dropping in to let you all know that the official trailer will be released on Saturday 21st December. It'll be released on our Twitter account first.

TayannaStudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TayannaStudios
Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give it to me straight into my veins!

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting... And nice to see some of the old cast back in this!

stevepwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: i hope people support the game, even if you only watch a playthrough on gb be sure to buy the game so hopefully they can make more!

TayannaStudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, just a quick update to let you all know that The Dark Side of the Moon now has a release date of March 12th and is currently available to Wishlist on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1525770/The_Dark_Side_of_the_Moon/

Tunnelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ah that’s so exciting! I play through with the original crew would be fantastic if they could swing it. I’ll go wishlist it right now!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So today's the date! Sadly no page for the game itself yet on Giant Bomb.

Part of me's hopeful for Vinny to take a look at it during the stream today, another part of me wants a Quick Look to appear during the weekend and the third part of me wants a whole playthrough with Alex, Vinny and Austin/Bakalar.

vdortizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By vdortizo

The latest batch of FMV games that have been coming from these guys (Baggy Cat, D'Avekki Studios) get my full support. Anyone else play Dark Nights With Poe and Munroe?

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

I understand the logistical reality, but I'm sad they never made an actual sequel. I get that the first game didn't precisely leave us on a cliffhanger, which I'm grateful for, but there were certainly loose threads that could be pulled on.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I'll bother with this one. The actor for the dad kind of destroys it. Everyone else seems just competent enough to get this and I'm not sure about the bit at the beginning about 'love' or whatever.

Contradiction had a good sense of tone. This looks more all over the place.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm curious to see more of this game. The bit we saw on Unprofessional Fridays Relaxed Friday Stream seemed like the intro and like we were about to be introduced to Jenks and/or the police in some way. That was definitely the voice of that actor on the phone.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_h: I hope Vinny continues it on Stream so we can see more of it. As you wrote it almost seemed like the game was about to open up a bit more.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: Yeah, Contradiction seemed like they knew what they're doing (as in, they knew it was going to be campy like all of FMV), whereas this just seemed like they weren't in on the joke. Also, the gameplay seemed just dull, and if all you're rewarded with are badly (instead of over-) acted cut scenes, I feel like there's not much to offer.