Crisis Core Reunion: New "Menu-based" Battle System, Rearranged OST, Full Voice Acting & More Updates

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think they're saying & showing the right things for me. But I have never played Crisis Core and think the ff7remake is better than the original.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

So, this basically confirms that this is going to take place during the Remake continuity. I'm down, as long as this means the original Crisis Core ending can exist in its own vacuum in all of its perfection.

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie: Because of the new voices? Or is there something else I'm missing.

I hope they keep the ending because it's the only thing that makes the game worth it imo. Fixing the clunkiness of the combat could go a long way though. Hope I can still get one of those punch moves and just 1-2 shot most of the game still!

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I see the slot machine numbers (DMW). Strange to keep that in there, because it takes forever for all these spins to resolve and it's just not very fun. Bless the emulators that let you assign a button to speed up the game.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epidehl said:

@zombiepie: Because of the new voices? Or is there something else I'm missing.

I hope they keep the ending because it's the only thing that makes the game worth it imo. Fixing the clunkiness of the combat could go a long way though. Hope I can still get one of those punch moves and just 1-2 shot most of the game still!

Again, if this is a spin-off game meant to service the new Remake continuity and keep fans busy until Rebirth, I think anything is on the table and the likelihood this is a shot for shot remake of the original are low. I mean, if they have already shown that Zack has a role to play in the second episode, the original Crisis Core isn't even on the table at that point.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By FacelessVixen

...But Gackt, though. Is Gackt back to antagonize Zack?

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By theonewhoplays

I will genuinely riot if they change the ending since it's close to impossible to play the original legally and it's the best thing to come out of the FF7 compilation. I would not mind if they added a hidden NG+ Remake ending though. But not having the original ending would take away all the power of that Remake scene, so it wouldn't make sense to do.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Broshmosh

@theonewhoplays: If the original ending is not kept and that's what matters most to you, I'd say drop your scruples about finding a legal way to play it. Major publishers are never on the side of conservation.

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broshmosh: I'll have to agree with that statement, just based on the 2nd hand knowledge I have of reading the "internet historians / data preservers" side of it from different projects. 😅🤷‍♂️

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Cool. Crisis Core was a great game at the time, but it needed some modernization. I was going to skip a straight port (since I still have the original) but I'm all in on this new version.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well... I guess this settles it then: