Can we not let slip the fact that the original score slaps some serious cheeks?

Schmollian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Schmollian

Say what you will about the level of quality (or lack there of) of this game, I don't think it should be understated that Marcin Przybyłowicz did some pretty amazing work here. It is up there with Doom Eternal's soundtrack from earlier in the year for me. Some absolutely rock solid tracks that really helps bring together some of the bigger moments in the story and really livens up the combat.

I loved his work in Witcher 3 and he really has brought his A-game this time around as well.

The original score is up on Spotify for those who may not want to get the game but are willing to try out some great Cyber tunes. I highly recommend it.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bigsocrates

All the music in this game is great The original score and the licensed stuff. There's maybe not enough licensed music for how long the game is, but what's there is great.

Resist and Disorder is a certified dystopic banger of a track. Probably the music track I will most associate with a specific game from 2020 and it's perfect for 2020 as a year.

Loading Video...

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meanwhile I am haunted by ~PonPon~

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I guess I'm missing something here because the vast majority of original music I've heard from this game has fallen flat for me like the general combat music that plays sounds like some royalty free grunge synth. The licensed stuff has been OK but it's hard for me to parse through on the radio stations that barely give you an idea of what kind of music you should be expecting to hear.

I can only think of 2 times that the music in a story sequence hit well for me, that moment right after the late title card where you're playing as Johnny, and another moment when you're walking up to one of the Del taxi cabs after you make a specific decision, destroying the core, at the end of the Delamain story line.

I'm barely halfway through Act 2 so maybe more moments will crop up but between the lackluster open world and horrible menu Ui elements, the music has been my number 2 disappointment with the game so far.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: How DARE you sir? This is a song worthy of Jet Set Radio, and there is no greater honor to bestow upon a video game song!

Loading Video...

@colourful_hippie: I agree that the fact that the radio stations don't give track lists in game or at least give some idea of what they are (beyond some obvious ones like the jazz station) is less than ideal but I spent enough time in various vehicles that I just tried them all out and you can get a feel for them that way. Not ideal but it works. I didn't use fast travel once.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ghost_cat

Honestly, I think Doom Eternal's soundtrack is WAY better than Cyberpunk 2077. The compositions and arrangements are much sharper and creative, while the mixing holds up well through any quality of speakers you listen to. I haven't listened to much of the licenses stuff, but Cyberpunk 2077's original score is, to me, flat and forgettable.

Now, how about Hades? That's a friggin' soundtrack.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, just not hearing it. I've tried listening to the whole thing as standalone music, and lost interest pretty quickly. Way too samey throughout.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like a wild choice meant only to entertain me, but I love that the worst RTJ track ever recorded, a track that mentions both the game and Keanu Reeves by name, plays on the in-game radio. I genuinely like this choice. It reminds me of the era of summer blockbusters when Puff Daddy and Jimmy Page would record a song about Godzilla, or how Die Antwoord songs play on the radios in Chappie.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I activly dislike the music in this game. Especially the battle music. I can't remember another game where the music has made the experience of playing worse.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I like a lot of the music and think it typically fits the game really well. Looking forward to GOTY talks when someone will hold a phone up to the mic and play 10 seconds of some song from a game taken entirely out of context.

arkham_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaccheus: Completely with you on this. Just like everything else about this game, it’s played out and about 10 years to late. Not that it’s all that much better but Streets of Rage 4 OST goes for the same thing but is a lot more successful IMO

Let’s be real though in a year where we got Ori, Hades, Aegis Rim and Risk of Rain 2. Nothing in Cyberpunk is going to “hang”

These all rip and are doing something pretty fresh, especially in terms of game OST’s

https://youtu.be/mlmYYyzek48

https://youtu.be/EGXPAoyP_cg

https://youtu.be/SqFaCDvHxU4

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think it's been pretty alright to good and fitting for the game. Certain times it hits perfectly. I haven't listened to much stuff across the radio, as I typically just leave it on Pacific Dreams and maybe a little of the Jazz channel for some of the more classical stuff.

This one (at the 47:57 mark if it doesn't drop you there) was probably my favorite? Just because of the vibe it would give me when I was slowly cruising around the city. I keep thinking I wanna make a neat in-game video with it like I did with a couple FF14 zones/songs but that'd only feel worthy of representation if I could run the game as perfectly as possible.. and the 2080ti isn't quite there, but close.

Loading Video...

Also heard this last night (Cyber Wildlife Park) which I kept hearing Benny Benassi's Satisfaction in it. Felt appropriate for the game.

Loading Video...

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By ragnar_mike

101 The Dirge was my jam. I'm all about that dystopian, grimy, hip hop. Granted, a good chunk of them are just...braggadocio, but there's some bangers in there. Especially when I'm redlining a crotchrocket through traffic after my latest forgettable crime spree.

Mainly because I popped every time the RTJ song came on. Although the more I have listened to it, the less I like Killer Mike's verse. Mainly just because its like...a song ABOUT cyberpunk rather than a song IN cyberpunk.

Loading Video...

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bigsocrates

@ragnar_mike: The Keanu Reeves reference is 4th wall breaking but everything else pretty much works in universe (except maybe the Mercedes reference, amusingly enough.) "The State of Cali is now run by corporations" is something I could see Killer Mike rapping if he lived in the Cyberpunk world.

Every beat that El-P has ever produced fits in perfectly with Cyberpunk.

I kind of wish they'd just licensed Tickertron because it would sort of be a perfect Cyberpunk song except, I guess, for its references to Madison Square Garden (which did exist in the Cyberpunk world but is probably long gone.)

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NTM

I generally am not a fan of the music that you hear during combat, but I actually like it. It's somewhat dubstep-y. The game in general sounds great, especially on an Atmos system. The only thing that annoys me is that sometimes I'll hear what sounds like a huge ship fly over, but when I look up and behind me, there is nothing there. The music is one of those rare ones where, take the combat music for instance, that I find good, but it's not very memorable. I don't think I'd be able to conjure it up in my head and hum it or anything after I'm done playing it.

And yeah, the ponpon music, I just think 'anime' or 'chibi' when I hear it. I don't drive much in the game, but any time I do and I turn it to the jazzy station, the song is always the same for some reason. I'm not sure if it saves the music or what. It's a soundtrack I think that fits better in the game than listening to it separately, at least to me so far. Lastly, it's not so much a sound issue as it is a bug, but when you can't hear your footsteps, it's not because the sound isn't registering, it's because your character's legs aren't moving.