• 76 results
hnke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hnke

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't want anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too :).

But to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions, right?

1. When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then :), but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

2. How big? Seriously big, but..., to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

3. Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

4. Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours, CD PROJEKT RED Team

No mention of the rumored first-person mode, and the game is explicitly singleplayer. What do you think?

EDIT: I forgot to say, it looks sick as fuck.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Can't wait. Looks so good.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By MattGiersoni

It looks very good. Finally a game that's close to cyberpunk described in cyberpunk themed novels like Neuromancer by William Gibson (which was one of the first to coin the term and established the tropes). I like Deus Ex but it always seemed it was afraid to go full on cyberpunk. CP2077 looks just like a cyberpunk themed thing should. Extremely excited, tho it is still ways off.

css_switchfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I guess I still don't know when I'm upgrading my video card

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

It looks good, a lot more day timey and sunny than I thought it was going to be. I just imagined it was going to be night and neon all day.

Hope they figure out the combat.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm am extremely on board for this. Very glad they confirmed a create-a-character. The glimpse of more rural areas (the shot of the the GTAV-looking rednecks) excites me a lot.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ThePanzini

I'm so on board with this can't wait to play in 2020, not a fan of how bright the day is though wish it invoked the thick haze from Blade Runner 2049.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was trying not to get too hyped, too early for this but I've got a hard-on that just won't quit after that trailer. Masterful PR by CDP/CDPR once again, probably the only publisher I still trust implicitly.

Really wasn't expecting all that daylight tbh and I am a bit worried about the car(s) getting caught on every single piece of geometry a la Roach (the world's stupidest horse) God I really hope they show more soon, jonesing for a gameplay fix.

Edit: "Alternative version of the future" lol they're more hopeful than I am then.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Pretty excited. Hadn't really considered the daylight aspect of it much til reading it here and yea I guess I agree. This is closer to Sunset Overdrive colorful and less Blade Runner I was expecting.

Upon second viewing of the trailer, I noticed it says "V-Tech" on the back of the car.. ahh thats great.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Milkman

This looks like everything I could ever dream of. Knowing that it's probably still 2 years away hurts but if there's anyone I trust to take their time and make it perfect, it's CD Projekt Red.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zeik

I'm kinda surprised that other people are surprised that this game has daytime. Like, of course it does. They're making an open-world RPG in 2018+. You can't make a game like that in this day and age that doesn't have a day/night cycle. Especially when their last game was The Witcher 3.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revealing games that are years away is always a no-no in this day and age to me. If we're looking at a 2020 release, show the trailer in 2019. My philosophy is a year from the expected release date or sooner, or don't bother.

The trailer was amazing, though, sooooo. . . I can't be mad.

hnke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hnke

@zeik: You are right, and daytime has its own entire story. Consider this recent statement by Cyberpunk 2020 creator Mike Pondsmith:

I can tell you exactly what Night City looks like in daylight, since I created its weather. On dry days, the sky is a orangey red, thanks to the tons of particulates suspended in the air. Kind of like what Seattle has looked like the past five days. Toxic rain days (rarer now) the sky is a blinding, whitish grey suffused with a stinging mist. Kind of what Seattle looks like normally

And I suppose people's minds are heavily influenced by Blade Runner 2049. Cyberpunk is a genre that is as closely related to rainy streets as steampunk is to steam and gears. Maybe there'll be a orangey red polluted part of the city but I'm happy they're not afraid of daylight if the trailer is any indication.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

It looks good, a lot more day timey and sunny than I thought it was going to be. I just imagined it was going to be night and neon all day.

Hope they figure out the combat.

Sunlight probably shows a lot better in trailers, though like you I was looking forward to some good night time and neon lights. If I can't walk down a bustling street in the middle of the night with neon signs lighting everything up in all kinds of colors while it pours down rain, then something has gone terribly wrong in development.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The trailer is masterful.

It truly captures the cyberpunk aesthetic better than almost any other recent game calling itself a cyberpunk. It felt like everything they showed in the trailer had meaning. Every cut to a different scene had something else to communicate to the watcher about the world.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its brighter than I imagined it would be and not as constantly night time as say Blade Runner. It’s not really a bad thing if you ask me, just not what I envisioned in my head.

Sick trailer though. Probably my most hyped game in years.

Edit: reading through the comments im not surprised that my observations aren’t eeentirely original. Sorry for basically double posting someone else’s thoughts. :b

Avatar image for deactivated-63c06c6e81315
deactivated-63c06c6e81315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There was (is?) an ARG going at the Cyberpunk website. People found this: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/quadra/, "NC20 CP77" was the password (license plate). People could enter their email address and now... we're waiting... I guess.

Oddballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like it'll cover both bright and eye-catching as well as darker scenes. Obviously the most visually striking elements of the trailer are the colourful daytime scenes, but between these there are many glimpses of a darker world. For instance, a guy having his eye ripped out in a dark alley, or locations like this:

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what city it supposedly takes place in. From the palm trees and the look of the city I’d say fake LA or Miami. The font gives me an 80s Miami vibe.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what city it supposedly takes place in. From the palm trees and the look of the city I’d say fake LA or Miami. The font gives me an 80s Miami vibe.

Night City is in northern California according to Cyberpunk lore.

Evilbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna fail obviously because EA said no one wants single player games anymore...

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything is screaming Gibson-esque 80s Cyberpunk with their own twist on it and that's so awesome.

The one thing that is bothering me is the tone so far. We still don't know much about the story or gameplay, but tone wise... I'm not sure I like this trailer. It seems to setup more like a GTA or Saints Row game where it's like "Welcome to this city of crime where everyone wants something, so here's you, the new kid on the block with big ambitions."

Which seems painfully generic for Projekt Red. The first trailer had a bit more mystery of this crazed cybernetic person being detained and then being recruited for what looks like a special police force of some kind. It seemed a little more unique to me than this.

I'm definitely intrigued and it looks awesome. I just hope we're not getting yet another crime sandbox game.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zeik

@whitestripes09: I'm 110% certain it won't be "yet another crime sandbox game". Who knows if it will be good in the end, but I don't think there's any chance CDPR is interested in making a GTA clone. (Or even GTA-adjacent.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whitestripes09: true, that would suck. To be honest I wouldn’t mind a little more established background and forward narrative for the main character. Maybe not to the same extent as Geralt, but I wouldn’t want it to be too vague and open either. It has a tendency to hurt the story when everything is just sandbox fun.

But I trust CDPR.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Seikenfreak

..imagine if Rockstar made a futuristic, gritty, sci-fi open world game along side their "modern day" GTA and wild west Red Dead? Maaaan...

That's a different discussion though.

I particularly liked the scene with the guy in a train or plane or something and his head is like burning from the inside out and the guy in the forefront is like "just another day.." I like the idea of exploring all the weird side effects of a world where we "jack in" to everything and its VR this and AR that. Side effects, malfunctions, diseases, psychological issues etc. Although I do agree this specific trailer gives me more of a open world, wild and crazy vibe than something that is slower and more intimate.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@justin258: Yeah, maybe it's such a sure thing they didn't think they needed to show it.

@zeik: It's not that I didn't think there would be daytime. I imagined it being a super vertical and polluted world where it's hard to tell if it's day or night unless you were in the upper part of the city.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Strong trailer alright; I especially like the color and daylight setting. Only thing I'm holding back my hype is the fact it still seems a long way off.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I'm the only one that was probably sold by this trailer being "sunny". How many goddamn games and movies like this are set in a rainy nighttime dystopian future a la Blade Runner. A ton. Too many even. It often feels like a stylistic crutch. Now that said, it will probably have nighttime and weather and that's fine, but for me the world was alive in a way that I'm not sure I could appreciate if it was the same old dim cyperpunk setting where you couldn't see every seedy detail. I was huge Bulletstorm fan partly because I loved the look and style of that city and this seems like the closest thing to that.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legit one of the best trailers for a game I've ever seen. Up there with Skyrim. SO hyped and I thought I was over hype for games.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dammit. Now I want one of those cyber-jackets.

Qrowdyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game's looking good! I legit yelled in excitement when I realized what it was. Probably the most hype I've been all e3.

Also really like that the trailer was sunny. The less they lean on tired old cliches the better(its not like its permanently daytime anyways).

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can't fucking believe that teaser was from 2012. I've been looking forward to this for that long.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

i need this.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ivdamke

Well you can actually see object culling/NPC pop-in in the trailer so it is in-engine albeit in very vertical slice form.

I refuse to believe they can sustain that level of art for the entirety of a game. It's just too far ahead interms of current industry standard for me to be a believer.

Incredibly excited though, and to all those people who wanted more Blade Runner, wat? Whats wrong with something different?

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buzzing for this game. That statement is bang on.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

The art and tone look very good and I trust CD Project to write a good story. At this point if a trailer doesn't say 2019 on it I'm gonna just assume it's going to be a 2020-2021 "next-gen" title, meaning that we'll probably get some really awesome games on the next consoles in their first couple of years and that's good.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@ivdamke: I'd wager it will be a similar situation as Witcher 3. There will noticable downgrade from trailer to launch, but not much. Witcher 3 came out just over 3 years ago, and looked absolutely phenomenal maxxed out on PC. I have pretty high expectations after that, especially considering this game won't likely be out til late 2019.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By soulcake

I am glad cars still have wheels in 2077.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@whitestripes09: I'm 110% certain it won't be "yet another crime sandbox game". Who knows if it will be good in the end, but I don't think there's any chance CDPR is interested in making a GTA clone. (Or even GTA-adjacent.)

I liked the tone. It felt like the first cyberpunk story in a long time that actually felt punk.

swaney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sarnecki: Yeah, such a well crafted trailer! The only E3 game I've seen so far that has me really excited. Hoping we see game-play at their booth set up.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@uhtaree: I'm super into the bright blue skies this trailer has. Really sets it apart from so many other dystopian/post-apocalyptic setting so common now. I'm also into how "fun" it feels despite how violent and messed up the imagery is.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The author of Neuromancer William Gibson had this to say about the trailer. But who cares what he has to say.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meierthered: he’s kind of got a point, the more I watch this trailer, the more I realize I don’t like the look of the city. I don’t mind the 80s look though, it evokes terminator 1 to me for some reason. But the palm trees and the underwhelming size of the buildings bothers me a tiny bit. Also this looks like a city with a swimable beach. Literally everything else in the trailer looks awesome, so I know I’m being nitpicky.

But hey it’s just a trailer and there will probably be many visual aspects to this world/city.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BrunoTheThird

What an insightful tweet! I immediately stop listening when someone compares an open-world game to GTA, whoever they are, legend or otherwise. Reductionism is the most boring analytical method there is.

I won't pretend the vibe and look of the game is some original masterstroke, either, however. The exciting thing is the prospect of finally being lost in a deep RPG with those classic cyberpunk vibes by one of the best devs in the world, not some wild new twist on it (though there's no reason it can't be that too when it comes out, it's years away!)

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I wonder why Mr. Gibson chose the path of the salty gatekeeper over excitement that the genre he helped create has a big new thing that everyone is excited about.

Anyway, super cool to have a new video after 5 years. I love that they kept it bright and sunny; what a confident move. That tells me "yeah we have the neon nights down".

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the look is really fresh.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is one of the few games that need microtransaction, i need to pay CDPR more than the laughable $40-$50 they will charge for it.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@soulcake said:

I am glad cars still have wheels in 2077.

The wheel wasnt invented for nothing it turns out.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@tothenines said:

@meierthered: he’s kind of got a point, the more I watch this trailer, the more I realize I don’t like the look of the city. I don’t mind the 80s look though, it evokes terminator 1 to me for some reason. But the palm trees and the underwhelming size of the buildings bothers me a tiny bit. Also this looks like a city with a swimable beach. Literally everything else in the trailer looks awesome, so I know I’m being nitpicky.

But hey it’s just a trailer and there will probably be many visual aspects to this world/city.

I have thought about this as well but that was my question since the first teaser which showed a more noir and giant city: how? I just don't see how it's technically feasable for them to pull off that game with the giant kind of cyberpunk skyscraper look.

I love what they have hit on here.

You won't find a bigger Neuromancer fan than me but I could care less what Gibson thinks about it at this point. Even his two follow up books to the original classic weren't as remotely good so he's no holy grail on the genre to me, even if he basically invented it lol.