• 96 results
Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Justin258

So this unlocked at 12AM GMT for everyone on PC.

To start with, I have a Ryzen 7 2700X, 32GB RAM at 2400MHz, and a 1070ti, and the game is installed on a m.2 NVMe drive. I was able to get the game running at 90+ on low settings at 1080p. I wound up going the opposite direction and turned it up to the Ultra preset at 1080p and it ran between 40 and 60, sometimes dipping into the 30's, and I thought it looked great but that's hardly the framerate I want. This is on a 1440p 165Hz monitor, though, so I could definitely get a lot more out of the monitor if I could get a hold of a 3080.

Unfortunately, it seems like resolution is the only thing that drastically affected framerate for me. I played around with settings and nothing seemed to get me consistently above 60FPS until I dumped the resolution down to 1080p. Again, on Ultra at 1080 it's playable and I think it looks great there... but I have to have motion blur on to make it not look like a slideshow and ehhhhhhh.

I do think it's worth noting that the game hardly looks bad at Low. From what little I messed with, it looks good no matter where you put your settings.

What about you other duders? What kind of setup do you have and what kind of performance are you getting? And what about those of you playing on a console - do you think it looks and runs well on your platform of choice?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pretty good!

2060s. 16ram, i59400. Runs well above 60 on 1440 High preset. Could run Ultra ray tracing if I were to cap the framerate at 30.

I'll take it.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Very well but I'm playing on a 9900k/2080ti. Settings are nearly all maxed out with DLSS on auto and not opting for the two "Psycho" tiers in the graphics settings. I'm playing on a regular 4K TV but at 1440p in order to keep at 60fps but I'm very early in the game. Literally at the VR tutorial section where I had to restart because a bug didn't display the quick hacks menu. I'll update on more performance stuff once I'm in the open city proper. I will say though that so far this game is looking better than the footage I've seen of it, it's almost stunning at times.

We probably will need a separate thread for bug discussion. I ran into 3 so far. The one I mentioned and another where my controller would disconnect while driving like as if the battery died and other instance where the gas didn't work but all the other controls worked fine. Relaunching the game fixed those issues but also not alt-tabbing helps avoid them.

BigSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, now I'm worried about my 1060. I'd just like to get 30fps on medium with that ol' thing.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1060 3 gb and the performance is fine so far, no bugs so far either

RPJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RPJeff

I have a R5 3600 and a 5600 XT, 24GB RAM. Game's installed on an M2 drive.

I have it on the high preset, 1080, but I've kicked on the dynamic resolution thing with a 90% scale and targeting 75fps. Game has been very smooth thus far, occasional weird bugs but only briefly immersion-breaking.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By BaneFireLord

Pretty messy. I'm getting no difference in frames between running at ultra and running at low at 1440p. Low of 30, high of 55 or so in the main city with wild swings. i9-9900k, 2070 Super.

EDIT: Even bumping down the resolution does nothing. Something's broken.

EDIT 2: Did more diagnosing today and neither my CPU nor GPU are bottlenecking, still 30% overhead on each. The swings seem to mainly occur in very dense areas with lots of physics objects (the Chinatown market near the ripperdoc, for example). I've gotta assume it's an optimization problem and not my hardware at this point.

EDIT 3: While the game still seems terribly optimized, turns out part of it is my fault...I just built a new computer last week and I neglected to enable XMP mode on my RAM which was bottlenecking everything.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I haven't picked it up yet. My hardware is a bit older (1070 and, my main worry, Ryzen 5 CPU)

However i haven't gotten a new console either and my ps4 pro already sounds like a jet engine playing anything else.

I know I should wait until Cyberpunk is further patched by I know I'm going to cave and pick it up soon anyway

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By frytup

Not great. Ryzen 3900X, 32GB, PCIe 4.0 SSD, GTX 1070.

On medium preset I get 30-40fps at 1440. I'm playing on a Gsync monitor so it isn't horrible, but damn. Sure would be nice if new video cards were actually available.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By colourful_hippie

So I'm like a mission before where the GB quick look starts and the only time I notice bad performance is when there's driving in first person. I have to check into why it went to first person considering that the nomad intro let's you drive third person no problem which is a stable 60 during throughout. That said those FP drives will tank me down to mid 40s.

Like others have said figuring out performance is an enigma. It looks like high end cards are currently the only solution to fixing frames because it doesn't matter what settings I adjust, the same taxing areas or driving will give me the same performance even though the other graphics settings look noticeably worse on lower settings or with RTX off.

I might go ahead and try 4k instead of my current setting of 1440p if resolution really ends up having no bearing on performance improvements.

Also Idk why this game looks so bad in recorded footage. My only guess is the motion blur. The blur looks better natively but I opted to drop it low so I can see more of the well detailed environments. I also remember Rob Zacny from VICE complain about the post processing in this game. It could be their horrible use of film grain because he said the game looks dramatically better after messing with the post processing effects settings.

EDIT: Resolution does impact performance. 4k tanked my frames regardless of DLSS. Also I very much recommend turning off film grain and chromatic abberation. The game looks a whole lot better and cleaner. Turn off motion blur if you want an even more clean image too.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#12  Edited By alistercat

Ryzen 3700X, 1080TI and the only way I can get 60fps is low. 40 on medium. No other game has run this badly.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Better than I feared, not quite as good as I hoped.

I am on a RTX 3080, i7 10700, 32 GB RAM.

My framerate has been pretty steady, bottoming in the low 50s and peaking in the low 60s. I started as a streetkid, so I have been in the city the whole time. I am playing with everything on Ultra, including the Ray Tracing settings while utilizing DLSS performance mode at 4K resolution. I would have preferred to use DLSS quality, but at 4K that seems too much as it hits the framerate by a good chunk. Setting RTX lighting to "psycho" instead of ultra hit the framerate by about 7-10%, so I left it on Ultra.

Obviously I would prefer a consistent frame rate above 60 FPS, but holding at worst in the low 50s with Ultra RT settings is acceptable, especially with G-Sync keeping the image looking smooth.

BoyNukem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Running a ryzen 5 3600xt, 16gb ram, 2060 super, and an M2.nvme ssd system.

1200p, and every setting maxed, except DLSS is off, v-synced to 60fps and yet to notice any drops etc. Characters not casting shadows seems to the only real visual problem I've come across so far.

I have had a couple of crashes though. One when I first booted up, which crashed GOG too, and another just after I'd finished creating my character, which I then had to redo...

ivanetc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By ivanetc

I'm only about two hours in but, pretty good!

I just got a new, very beefy gaming rig primarily for this (first gaming PC ever!) and it's got an RTX 3070, Ryzen 7 7200x, 16gb RAM and I'm running the game on an SSD. Settings range from high to ultra on a 1440p monitor. Ray Tracing set to medium, DLSS set to performance. V Sync off

I chose Street Kid and so when I'm inside buildings or in less densely populated areas, it runs super smooth. Easily 60 FPS or higher, 70-80 at times. However when I step out into denser areas, as well as when I drive — the frame rate certainly takes a hit. Though nothing drastic. It cruises down to about 40-45. Rarely touches 30. Not perfect, but maybe to be expected. And it's certainly playable. Hoping it becomes more stabilized in the near future though.

All in all — can't complain! However I know I'm lucky to have such a beefy PC. Seeing the base PS4 and Xbox One footage today was pretty horrifying. Really glad to have avoided that.

EDIT: Oh, and — no crashes. No real bugs to report either. Maybe some slight visual jank, but nothing terribly noticeable. Again, I'm only 2 hours in, so we'll see how things go. The game definitely patched when it launched at 1am. And the download was quick!

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow performance seems to be widely inconsistent then. How the fuck does @ll_exile_ll have the performance that he's getting while @boynukem is having what sounds like a way better time with weaker hardware and claims DLSS is off?

Not saying that you're lying @boynukem but the only reason I'm getting the performance that I'm getting is solely because of DLSS.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colourful_hippie: I would be curious how far in the game they have gotten. I stayed at above 60 easily for the first hour or 2 but then I started being able to pass through busier parts of the city at different times and that causes some pretty noticeable (but manageable) dips in performance.

BoyNukem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colourful_hippie: To be fair, I've only just finished the VR tutorial section, so I've not come across any really intense scenes yet. Driving seems to be the biggest performance hit so I'll report back once I get there.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm cranking between 55 and 60fps on an Asus ROG 2070S, i7-9700k, 32 gigs @ 3100mhz, and 1440 resolution . I've dropped most of the settings down from ultra to high and turned on DLSS. Nvidia just released a new driver. Y'all may want to download it. The driving bits don't seem to affect my frames all that much. Will have to see how things go as the game progresses.

RobertForster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, pretty good on my 9900k and 2080 super. I’m playing at 1440p on ultra or near ultra. I didn’t count frames or anything but at least 30 FPS.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#21  Edited By alistercat

Can anyone help clear something up for me? Task manager is showing that when running the game, no matter what settings, only 30% of my GPU is being using and 20-30% of CPU. Surely that isn't normal.

The friend who bought me the game says his is reporting 100% GPU usage.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone help clear something up for me? Task manager is showing that when running the game, no matter what settings, only 30% of my GPU is being using and 20-30% of CPU. Surely that isn't normal.

The friend who bought me the game says his is reporting 100% GPU usage.

Yup, the GPU monitor in task manager is definitely broken. Not sure how long that's been true, but I first noticed it a couple of days ago.

I'd suggest GPU-Z. Much more comprehensive than task manager anyway.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

32GB of RAM, 9900K, a 2080 Ti with no overclock enabled, and installed on an 7200 RPM hard drive, playing at 3440 x 1440, rasterization settings are on high and ultra, no RT, G-Sync instead of V-Sync, DLSS at "Quality", and I'm using ReShade to punch up the saturation, contrast and sharpness a bit: Getting between the high 60's and mid 70's downtown, and in the 80's and 90's outside of Night City and in interiors.

I got more frames than what I was expecting, so I'm pretty satisfied, but I'll transfer this to an SSD to mitigate the texture pop-in and stutter that can occur.

icoangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Running on a 3080 and an overclocked to 4.9ghz 8700K at 1440p at ultra with a 60 to 80 fps looks and performs great so far. I think one key is having g-sync on and being able to turn of v-sync helps a bit.

but I imagine it may be hard to hit 60 fps on 4k without putting some things down.

mackdack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banefirelord: I have a similar build to you and am running everything on high or ultra but I found putting ray tracing at medium to be ok. I’m still around 50-60 FPS. It’s not 144 but I’ll take it!

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Currently running at 1440p with a 1080 and Ryzen 5 3600 and the game runs like absolute poop. Everything's on low or off and computer's struggling to pull anything past 60 fps.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fetchfox

2060 Super, Ryzen 5 3600, 16g ram, installed on 970 Samsung pro nvme. On ultra, RTX off, DLSS on quality and I'm getting 50-70 on 1440p . It feels really smooth on a g-sync monitor and it looks incredible, especially character faces and animations.

I recommend turning off chromatic, film grain and lowering motion blur. For Nvidia cards there's also sharpen through the Nvidia control panel (try 0,5 sharpen, 0,00 film grain). I've encountered a few small bugs, but nothing game- nor immersionbreaking.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Honestly something about this game feels broken. I'm running a 3070, i7-8700k, 16gb ram, and the game is installed on a SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND SSD, just a typical sata 3 drive nothing special about it.

If I toss everything to Ultra(including RT) at 1440p with DLSS at auto I average about 55-60 fps. It'll drop to maybe 40-45 in the absolutely busiest areas. But If I absolutely dump everything to as low as it gets at 1024x768 my average barely goes to 85fps. The only way I get any higher than that at all is if I stare at the ground. My rig isn't the beefiest by far but I feel like I should be weeeell into the hundreds at that level of detail. Hell my average should at the very least DOUBLE, but it's not even getting close.

Judoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Judoboy

Anybody play the PS4 version on a PS5 yet? Curious how that's performing.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judoboy: A friend of mine poked at it for an hour or so last night and found it playable.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mackdack: Are you getting any dips in the denser city areas? I'm getting 60+ in interiors and ~50s driving around but denser crowd areas are swinging between 30s and 40s, and nothing I do to my settings changes that. Even RTX on/off makes no difference.

notkcots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just read a tip on Reddit that the GeForce Experience installer has been failing to correctly install the new update that optimizes Cyberpunk. They recommend using DDU (https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-) to manually remove the driver and reinstall it directly. Apparently this has helped a lot of folks get much higher framerates.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By Humanity

My older pc that has a 1080 7700k and 16gb of ram is kind struggling on 1440p. If I bump a bunch of stuff to medium I can get a wavering 45FPS. On 1920x1080 I can get a mostly steady 60FPS with things on high but man does this game look blurry and grimey on that resolution.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4790K with a small overclock, 1070 with a small overclock, some kind of SSD, running at 1440p Ultrawide. Had to bump down to like 75% resolution scale and I'm hitting high 30s / low 40s.

I would change to a 16:9 ratio, but this game does its own scaling it seems, and the image gets stretched which ain't great.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@humanity said:

My older pc that has a 1080 7700k and 16gb of ram is kind struggling on 1440p. If I bump a bunch of stuff to medium I can get a wavering 45FPS. On 1920x1080 I can get a mostly steady 60FPS with things on high but man does this game look blurry and grimey on that resolution.

I spent most of tonight not actually playing the game but playing with settings, trying to get it to look good and run well.

1440p60 seems like a no-go for 10 series cards on medium-high settings. Perhaps a 1080ti could do it, but not really. To that end, I've dumped it down to 1080p, medium-high, and it feels pretty smooth most of the time there. It should be noted that 10xx cards are four years old at this point, with the ti's being three years old. That they've gone this long without really having a solid challenger is pretty impressive for any card, really.

Still, this game looks blurry and grimey no matter what I do. There's some kind of post-processing going on even when you turn all of the obvious options off. I think there's some kind of anti-aliasing happening that's making the game look blurry regardless of settings and I'd love to be able to find that and turn it off. Turning on the sharpness filter in Nvidia's Shadowplay overlay has helped that a lot and has made the game both playable and still quite pretty.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I was infatuated with the multi-generational graphics of FFVIIR on PS4 and even moreso here. I think this is fucking cool looking, in a horrible kind of way. I'll be sad when it's lost to time.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With all the talk of how poor it is on consoles I was surprised to see it running pretty well in the Series X. I'm only like an hour in but it's only hitched up once.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think there's some kind of anti-aliasing happening that's making the game look blurry regardless of settings

I guarantee this is what's killing performance or at least contributing to it. Game's probably using some kind of MSAA that's unchangeable in the settings or FXAA at least.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Deathstriker

I was hoping for better. At 4K with things high besides shadows being medium I'm around 30 FPS. When I switch to 1440p I'm around 55 FPS.

5700 XT overclocked

Ryzen 7 3700X

32GB of ram 3200 mhz

SSD

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tip for the curious.

Don't watch the Digital Foundry maxed settings demo on an OLED and then go back to your IPS monitor with pre-RTX graphics card. It's depressing.

BoyNukem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynukem: FPS certainly took a hit when I got to the driving section - low 50's and mid 40's, but walking around the city is all over the place. Often stays in the high 50's, but plummets on the roof tops. There's an elevator right by Vic Vectors shop, and going up there drops everything down into the 30's. It's not like you can see a huge open area up there either. Bizarrely, looking directly at the elevator controls is when it gets really bad :/

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#42  Edited By Humanity

@justin258: There is definitely a blurry glaze over everything when you knock down the resolution that in a way reminds me of RAGE 1 a bit. Then again between this strange blurring, the muddiness overall, the film grain and the chromatic aberration at some point it just becomes this neon soup. Having been playing a lot o stuff on my Series X I've definitely become a bit of a snob about performance and I have a hard time going back to a steady 30 FPS, especially on PC. Hopefully some patches will help down the road I dunno.. If I can get a mostly steady 45 FPS on 1440p then I can probably live with that.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fast travel to Vs apartment building is one of my favorites because the plaza out front of it is probably the most intense the performance drops ever get.

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to be playing through this on a base PS4 and I'm considering taking notes each time something bonkers happens that shouldn't because it's supposedly unplayable. But Control was also a mess and I made it though that just fine, with the exception of the fact that I didn't like the game as a whole very much and was glad to be finished with it.

HueyLewisTF2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm almost positive that most graphical settings do not update in real time, or even after reloading a save if you edit them while in-game. If they do update they do not perform correctly. I've messed with almost every setting while in-game and my performance never changes.

The only one that has actually made any difference is turning ray tracing off completely. I did see a visual difference with setting DLSS to ultra performance, which made the game blurry and pixelated, but my performance actually stayed the same.

Changing graphical settings in-game and then reloading a game or fully restarting also seems to do nothing. Last night before I went to bed I finally launched the game, changed graphical settings (changed DLSS to perfomance from auto) from the main menu, then loaded my save and noticed a substantial increase in FPS. Went from 30-40 while driving during night to around 70.

Gonna mess with it more today after work but something screwy is definitely going on. For reference I'm on a 3070 and did the DDU completely uninstall and manual reinstall of nvidia drivers.

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

RTX 2060, Ryzen 5 3600X, 2560 x 1080 ultrawide

• Getting 60-80 fps with ray tracing off, DLSS Balanced, everything else maxed (disabled Motion Blur and Chromatic Aberration).
  • I'd rather play with ray tracing On at 30 fps, which mostly works, but suddenly my frame rate drops to 10-20 fps at random.
  • Seeing slight tearing on my FreeSync monitor even with V-sync set to Fast.
  • It has HDR that you have to manually enable in Windows before starting the game, unlike new games (AC Valhalla for example) that automatically turn on HDR from within the game and turn it off when done.
Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally settled on locking down at 30 and can pretty comfortably run the ray tracing ultra preset. Kinda feel mostly like I won a dice roll by not getting a run with all of the bugs afflicting so many others.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youeightit: I started playing this on a base PS4; I think I should give up and wait until I can get a PS5 and that version when it releases next year. Resolution is around 720P and frame rate dips into the teens during intense, outdoor action. Dives into the 20s during driving. I turned off most of the graphical effects, however is still looks like someone smeared vaseline over everything. Also, I have had 2 crashes.