I guess that first Cyberpunk 2077 cover art was bad

PM_Xenos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seems CDPR heard the complaints about that awful cover art. This fixed version is much less of an eyesore. This one is set at night and looks way more cyberpunk. When I saw that first one, I just thought, "I never asked for this."

No Caption Provided

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This really reminds me of another game... Not sure which. Feels like a 360 game.

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrock said:

This really reminds me of another game... Not sure which. Feels like a 360 game.

Dunno if you're joking or not, but this here is a quality shit-post using the Deus Ex 2 cover as the punchline.

PM_Xenos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrock said:

Dunno if you're joking or not, but this here is a quality shit-post using the Deus Ex 2 cover as the punchline.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By xanadu

Wait is the new one the one posted in the thread? Because that looks very bad.

Edit: oh.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

ok
ok

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pm_xenos: Boy do I feel stupid. But thank you for clarifying.

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Howardian

@pm_xenos said:
@howardian said:
@barrock said:

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Since that wretched mutant of a game has been wiped out of existence and all records of it demolished, I only have my word as my proof.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I was gonna say, I recognize that Invisible War boxart anywhere.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Brackstone

They did some Best Buy exclusive steelbooks with art from Josan Gonzalez and I have no idea why they didn't just get him to do the main boxart. Sadly I don't think they're available in my country, at least not yet.

No Caption Provided

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh thank God they changed the box art. It barely invoked the world of Night City and it's terrible underbelly. I think the new cover art is way better!

No Caption Provided
BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BisonHero

@cloudymusic: “The Future War on Terror” as a tagline is just about the most perfect summation of post-9/11 video game marketing I’ve ever seen.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By BoOzak

Invisible War wasnt THAT bad... but yeah that box art is shit. As is the Cyberpunk box art for the same reason 90% of box art is shit, it's just guy/girl with gun/sword posing. I imagine theres some market data somewhere that dictates thats the best way to sell a game, in the same vein a lot of influencers put a stupid face on their thumbnail to get clicks but it still sucks.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By doctordonkey

Box art is made for Joe Videogame as he browses his retail store on the weekend, not for any one on reddit, twitter or gaming sites. This is why if the game features shooting of any kind, the box art will 99% of the time feature a generic looking white dude holding a gun. It's specifically designed to move units.

This is why we've started seeing more interesting reversible box arts, so it serves both crowds.

OmegaDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is exactly the kind of edge a distinguished badass like me craves.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Say what you will about Deus Ex: Invisible War, at least the Grizzled Video Game Dude has trigger discipline. Can't say the same for the dude in Cyberpunk 2077.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't say I minded the yellow box art (to be honest, I'm probably buying the game digitally anyways). The yellow certainly doesn't make you think 'whoa, cyberpunk, dystopian city!' but on the other hand, it does make it stand out. Lastly... I liked Invisible War.

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ltcolumbo

Invisible War, when taken in context of being the sequel to one of the greatest RPGs ever, was pretty terrible. Also, it ran like total garbage. I say this as someone who, at the time, defended the shit out of the game on the 3DRealms forms because I really WANTED it to be good. That said, I can’t stop laughing at this thread.