Dan Ryckert Just Said...

dreffen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@trafalgarlaw: This is probably the most factual thing Dan has said, and ever will say.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By elyhaym

This is just all kinds of great and I fully support it!

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Franstone

I felt bad about this thread at first and deleted my post...
Changed my mind, lol
"Walmart this great American institution." I mean, ok sure...
"The more processed something is the better it tastes."

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nephrahim: at least Dan is honest about his opinions and never censors himself. To be honest that is very refreshing. I dont really care what crazy reasons he has for liking or disliking anything. I just like that they are crazy reasons.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

@vanillaplant said:

Yes, I would love to see a UPF where Brad attempts to play dota with Dan.

Loading Video...

Wow.

I just got to the 13 min mark and... whew. That is something.

That might be the perfect use of Dan Ryckert. It feels like a study into the chaos that is his mind.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I can't stop laughing.

Thank you!

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Soap It's amazing, isn't it? Because he hates the very idea of what he is doing, his brain completely refuses to learn from mistakes and not repeat the same behaviours. Also, when he is asking the guys in the in game chat questions, and they give him answers, they don't realise that he is asking for very base level answers about the fundamental mechanics and it makes him even more frustrated than ever. It's a cycle of chaos. A Dancycle.

If you watch some of his videos where he plays games with his Dad (who is a fucking legend), you see EXACTLY where he gets it from. The same stubborn wilfulness. He must get his ability to actually concentrate on things he likes from his Mother though, because Paul Ryckert gets distracted easier than a cat in a haybarn (sounds like a Kansas thing to say right? I have no idea.)

majorziggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn just watched that LoL video. Dan just doesn't like new ideas and concepts it seems. The way he played was crazy. And afterwards blaming it all on the game. Classic Dan. Granted if he was good at it in the video I couldn't have laughed at his frustration.

I don't play LoL myself, but I wonder if someone just started raging from seeing that video.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@majorziggy: Not rage per say. Buuuuuuuuut. His stubborn refusal to even attempt to understand the game is fruuuustrating.

XCEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By XCEagle

@tobbrobb: Well that makes sense considering, as those tweets show, he still doesn't think there is anything to understand.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn just watched that LoL video. Dan just doesn't like new ideas and concepts it seems. The way he played was crazy. And afterwards blaming it all on the game. Classic Dan. Granted if he was good at it in the video I couldn't have laughed at his frustration.

I don't play LoL myself, but I wonder if someone just started raging from seeing that video.

He plays it like I did when I first played. I sat at the computer in college, and saw LoL on the desktop. Made an account, logged in, and went straight into a game with other people. I didn't have a fucking clue what was happening. I had never even heard of a MOBA. I ran around, running straight into towers for about ten minutes and when I noticed all the abuse I was getting I just said "fuck this" and logged out.

It took my mates playing and all of us having fun with it together for me to actually learn.

jaynford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I'm smart enough to know how stupid I am, and I know I love it this way." - Dan Rykert

I find this quote inspiring.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DotA would destroy his frail mind. Having Brad try to teach Dan how to DotA would be a hilarious secret Breaking Brad episode.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Corvak

The MOBA tweets are I believe a joke that proves why we need to be able to indicate sarcasm in text. :)

I could see him saying that as a joke - part of the usual jibes the guys give Brad for his DOTA addiction.

CrystaljDesign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By CrystaljDesign

Thank you for creating this! Every week I can't believe my ears and it's great to have a spot where it can be archived in pull-quotes for the ages.

The "figs" tweet is a great start, but we need more of his weird food hangups on there! The first few Bombcasts with him are a treasure trove of this.

You're doing God's work, son.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#168  Edited By AssInAss
Loading Video...

Jeff: "Oh, we have a minotaur out here."

Dan: "Is that like Motaro?"

Jeff: "Yeah...no."

Umm, Motaro is a centaur thing.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

Ignorance is bliss, ergo I propose a RYCKERT DON'T CARE shirt.

Gildermershina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Okay, so the one thing that kind of bugs me about Dan is that he's not got many interesting things to say about why he hates certain things. He just says "X sucks, it totally sucks." with no interesting reasoning. I contrast this with Jeff, whose outbursts about Yoshi, or, holy shit, Nights, are FANTASTIC, and one of my favourite things on Giant Bomb.

Loading Video...

I wouldn't want there to be two Jeffs necessarily, but having stubborn opinions about stuff is way more entertaining if you can back them up with torrents of futile impotent rage instead of a shrug of casual dismissal. Dan's opinions don't stand up to any scrutiny, he kind of backs away from them and admits they're based on nothing.

But it is fun to listen to someone I can scarcely believe hasn't just accidentally walked into traffic at some point in his life.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#171 MattyFTM  Moderator

"You can't just buy a blowtorch, can you? Don't you have to have a license or something?"

From the latest bombcast.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Golden Coral is the worst

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Rigas

And of course the third nipple.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rigas said:

And of course the third nipple.

Dan 'Scaramanga' Ryckert has a certain ring to it.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@soap said:

@Nephrahim said:

@vanillaplant said:

Loading Video...

Wow.

That might be the perfect use of Dan Ryckert. It feels like a study into the chaos that is his mind.

That is one of the most enjoyable MOBA playthroughs I've ever seen. Holy moly just having a golf-like commentary of dudes observing Dan is brilliant. We need Brad and his gang to watch him play Dota 2. And I don't even like MOBAs....

climax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butano said:

@soap said:

@Nephrahim said:

@vanillaplant said:

Loading Video...

Wow.

That is one of the most enjoyable MOBA playthroughs I've ever seen. Holy moly just having a golf-like commentary of dudes observing Dan is brilliant. We need Brad and his gang to watch him play Dota 2. And I don't even like MOBAs....

This is exactly what I imagined. It was painful yet so entertaining. Well played!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By glots

I kinda wish they'd have a portion of this to play on their soundboard at their recording studio-room-thingy, after Dan spews out one of those gems of his...

Loading Video...
GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here. We. Go.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't you dare mix that! That's why we have Bell's and JD.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dan is a MONSTER

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

He mixed it...

allprox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I love that he said he had to let it breathe, after he poured the coke zero in.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mixing good whiskey is a travesty in its own right... but who the fuck mixes whiskey with Sprite?

Beyond_Recall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Zelda has never had that many great characters."

- A man who thinks that Waluigi should be in Smash Bros.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@milkman said:

This one legitimately made me gag a little.

I actually made this D: face. I did that for real just now.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan is the perfect example of what people around the world picture when they think of us Americans. He just needs to be morbidly obese to fully fit that image; which he should've been by what he tends to eat.

GenghisFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By GenghisFun

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

Dan is the perfect example of what people around the world picture when they think of us Americans. He just needs to be morbidly obese to fully fit that image; which he should've been by what he tends to eat.

He reminds me of that Dark Syde Phil guy.

No Caption Provided

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically, Dan is the American Karl Pilkington?

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oraknabo: Whoa dude I just came on here to say almost exactly that. I'd been on this thread before but I was watching some episodes of The Ricky Gervais Show earlier then I came onto the forums and saw this thread and immediately saw the comparison.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pinner458: It's funny that I just barely beat you to it. I read the first page of this discussion over a week ago, but wasn't logged in at the time and never made the comment. When I saw this back up on the front page today, I thought "what the hell..."

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watched the LoL video. As someone who very casually plays DOTA, I thought it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my entire life.

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan is a perfect reason to have 24/7 non-stop GB streaming. I want to hear his opinion on everything. He is absolutley brilliant. If you're reading this keep being you.

Avatar image for the_dude_abides
The_Dude_Abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

When they were describing that x-rated radio station and truckers.

"...and so she's saying the stuff she's gonna do....and he's like 'AAAAAAEEEEGGGGHHHHH'..??.. "

Laughed my ass off, think it was the curiosity/confusion in Dan's voice.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By BisonHero  Online
@afabs515 said:

Just watched the LoL video. As someone who very casually plays DOTA, I thought it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my entire life.

I also casually play Dota, and yep, that LoL video is hilarious. Granted, there is a lot of weird metagame knowledge that the tutorials in those games are terrible at teaching you, like what heroes should go in what lanes, why you wouldn't want to just push all the time, etc. But I feel like Dan spent half the match not remembering that the enemy teams get stronger every time you die, so there is a reason you should avoid dying and instead warp back to base.

Also, every time, I still think LoL looks like garbage compared to Dota on a graphical level.