Drangleic Explorer Society: Compiling GB's DS2 Exploration

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@thed9984: Yeah, but apparently you need some item to trigger it. The guy just says "GTFO" essentially.

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@afabs515: You need to help another person beat a boss and get a Token of Fidelity to join the Blue Sentinels.

@theblue: For the treasure in the Ruin Sentinels room, there's a lot of hidden walls to check out in that room. Try going up against walls and pressing A/X (Depending on platform).

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By TheBlue

@paco: Really? Hm, I'll go check that out then. I've been wary of hitting walls since it cuts through durability, though I guess I could switch weapons out. But hitting X will trigger them? Interesting. The other one I've found is a little more tricky. It's literally on top of a large branch sticking straight up. I didn't spend too much time exploring the room, but it seemed impossible to get to from the ground.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Guys, I don't know where to go. I beat the giant, dragonrider and the old dragonslayer and now I'm basically walking in circles. Also, has anyone found a katana yet? I need one to properly play dark souls.

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue: Hmm... I'm not sure what item you're talking about now, I looked all over the Ruin Sentinels room and didn't see any item up high on a branch. But anyways, pressing A (playing on 360) opened up all the hidden walls in that room.

@dethfish: Did you explore the area after the Dragonrider, past Licia?

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@paco: Nope, thanks. I'm really good at missing super obvious paths. I just turned around and went back after that fight.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paco: Oh sorry, I wasn't very clear. The other item I found was in a later boss' room.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Gutter and the Black Gulch are what i imagine hell to be like. If you get there, maybe think of going anywhere else. Also you can break those annoying statues that spit goop at you and they never come back. baller.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So I've beaten The Giant, The Dragon Rider, Old Dragon Slayer, Sentinel , Old Sinner , Rat Vanguard, Pursuer ,Felxile Sentry and at this point the only obvious place I see to go is down into the Gutter to face whatever madness is down there. I'm confused though as on my bonfire screen All but one of the squares are filled in meaning I think I've visited every one of the main areas? Yet I've only found 1 of the 4 main baddies.

I am as they say confused. Getting to the point where I'm wondering if looking up or getting hints might be in order because I really don't know where to go.

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: You could spend 2000 souls to open up the Huntsman's Copse. Just go talk to the lady in Majula and give her the souls and I think she opens up the path.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Have you found any items that cure petrification? Cause there's that area up the hill in Majula that might lead to some new locations if you do. Also, there are way more than 12 locations. It scrolls down.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#162  Edited By Yummylee

Any tips for the Old Sinner? Is there something I'm missing with regards to potentially illuminating the area at all? Because constantly losing my lock-on when he jumps away is really fucking annoying and is often my downfall... I tried heading in with a torch lit, but that didn't help none from my recollection.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue: Yeah, I did that. Found the item shortly after the Old Sinner. The one path I need the main boss souls to open one of the paths I need the king's symbol or something and the last path is all fog and I can't tell if there is actually more to that area or what. Its really confusing and all the invisible enemies don't make it any easier.

@vashyron said:

@demoskinos: You could spend 2000 souls to open up the Huntsman's Copse. Just go talk to the lady in Majula and give her the souls and I think she opens up the path.

The one that you talk to to level?

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: To get to Huntsman's Copse, you need to exhaust Licia's dialogue tree (the miracle merchant just after the Dragonrider boss) to make her move back to Majula. You can then pay her 2000 souls to access Huntsman's Copse.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: There's more. I literally just booked it through the fog till I found a new place. It leads to a whole string of new areas. There's also some really nice stuff hidden in the fog area.

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By paco

Finally, I have found it, I have! My very own sun… I am the sun!

No Caption Provided

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't check to see if this has already been mentioned before but I am saying it anyway because it will save you all a lot of time and grief. It involves the boss at the end of Earthen Peak and how to make it much more manageable. .

If you are dying it is probably because you are waist deep in poison water, right? You can drain that water out of there. At the bonfire closest to the boss, run down to where you will be attacked by the little headless ninja dudes. Kill them and over to the right is a giant chunk of the wall missing. Grab a torch and follow the small path there up and you will be able to burn the windmill.

Not doing this makes the boss a fucking nightmare. Believe me, I know.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Smelter is still difficult in endgame gear/130 SL.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By BisonHero

@demoskinos said:

Well Guess what I found the equivalent of the scraping spear. If you join the Rat King Covenant he sells you Acid bombs which erode armor for 700 souls a pop. These things chew through armor extremely fast and you can't even tell if someone has them equipped so.... yeah.

This worries me, because the kind of people who get deep into invading seem to have no life at all and get all stocked up on whatever bullshit they can, meaning in Dark Souls 1 they'd had have like 99 Humanity, in Demon's Souls they'd just have all the grass in the world, etc. Acid Bombs don't sound quite as cheap as the Scraping Spear or the acid spell that you can just spam out in Demon's Souls, but I really hope PvP doesn't turn into "dodge perfectly as some asshole invades you with 99 acid bombs in his inventory and proceeds to hurl them at you nonstop".

Unrelated thought: I still think PvP would fundamentally be better in this series if as soon as the invasion starts, both players are locked out of using consumable healing items, and the only healing you can do is innate regen effects on your gear or miracles or whatever. Maybe that would just be too advantageous to invaders that intentionally min-max to have all that stuff, but I still think healing items in any form kinda drag out PvP.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue: Yep. I found this "ring of old sun" or whatever which apparently sends out a explosive shockwave or something if you are damaged too much? Sounds interesting but man do I love my agility and health regen rings.

UnInvincible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By UnInvincible

@fredchuckdave: Are you summoning someone? I tried a bunch of times with summoning the NPC there and got wrecked every time, but going in solo the boss had low enough health that it was actually pretty easy to do enough damage before running out of restoration items. His attacks are pretty easy to dodge if you stay close. It's basically a damage race, so it's a lot easier if you go in solo. Also, if you get the captain's armor drop from the archer dudes in that area it has really high fire resist, which helps significantly.

bnutz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deusx: Dude, it's fantastic. I definitely feel like the games have improved slightly with each iteration. It's roughly the same Souls game you would expect with some gameplay tweaks here and there. I'm a huge fan of the first two games and it has yet to disappoint me. I've only killed five bosses and I think I've seen only half of the major zones (that are split into smaller areas, which I haven't seen all of those).

With that said, I think I'm kinda lost right now. I don't have any of those Pharros Lockstones for a couple of illusory walls I've found and the only possible way for me to go right now is Sinner's Rise (down that little elevator into the water area). I shouldn't say lost, but it does feel kind of odd that there's only one possible route for me to go.

wyld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still early on (in Forest of Fallen Giants), but I either came across an amazing coincidence or discovered a shortcut to the Cardinal Tower. It's going to be difficult for me to describe, but I'll try:

From the Cardinal Tower bonfire, I went down the ladder, through the fog gate in the room on the right, ran up the tree, fought the hollowed with their backs turned and took out the hollow that throws the fire bombs from above (where that Knight fight is when you climb the ladder). Anyways, in that corner before you go down the ladder to see Pate, I used an estus flask. After I used the flask the corner wall shatters to reveal the room where the Cardinal Tower bonfire is.

Has anyone else opened this shortcut or found out why it may have opened? I'm not sold that what I did was the only reason it opened up.

UnInvincible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By UnInvincible

@wyld: There were gunpowder barrels by that wall. The enemy up on the wall probably threw a firebomb near them and blew them up without you noticing, which opens up that hole.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

@bnutz2k: I'm right there with you. I've ran down that dark hall to the boss, but he's been stomping me into the ground. I can't even get a hit on him. I feel like I'm missing something.

DrxLecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By DrxLecter

Regarding the Armourer in Majula:

His inventory is upgradable, I purchased a shield and he added another shield(95% phys block greatshield 20STR) and two armor sets (elite knight set and another i forget). So I bought the shield and elite knight set and when I went back he had another set, the Alva set, which seems comparable to the falconer's stuff the swordsman starts with. But also when I talked to him he GAVE me a really strange armor set. I forgot the name(austus or something?) It is an ethereal set that protects a little better than cloth, but weighs almost nothing and raises equip load. It looks like you are naked except a faint outline of armor, the helm looks like sauron's helm too =P

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bnutz2k: If you want some Lockstones join the Rat King Covenant. Every grey phantom you kill you earn a rat tail and a lock stone.

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By paco
@yummylee said:

Any tips for the Old Sinner? Is there something I'm missing with regards to potentially illuminating the area at all? Because constantly losing my lock-on when he jumps away is really fucking annoying and is often my downfall... I tried heading in with a torch lit, but that didn't help none from my recollection.

Did you beat the Gargoyles yet? You need the Bastille Key, which is found after you beat them. It opens up the doors to either side of the boss arena, where you can light oil tracks to light his arena.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paco: Haha really? Man I must have entirely missed them. I managed to beat him in the dark..... barely. But I did it. I don't want exact directions but is the route to the belfry obvious? I went through the Bastille and didn't see a thing.

Also,question for everyone in general. What is your Estus Flask sitting at? Mine has 7 uses at +2

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By paco

@demoskinos: This is about as general/vague as I can get, but to get to the belfry, you need to use a Pharros Lockstone in the Bastille. I still haven't beat him, only tried him once this morning before heading to work (doesn't seem to difficult), but I luckily had to key before I fought him.

As for your estus question, I have 6 uses at +3.

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Vashyron

@vashyron said:

The one that you talk to to level?

Sorry, should have been more clear. It's the woman who sells miracles and what not.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Syndrom

@wyld said:

I'm still early on (in Forest of Fallen Giants), but I either came across an amazing coincidence or discovered a shortcut to the Cardinal Tower. It's going to be difficult for me to describe, but I'll try:

From the Cardinal Tower bonfire, I went down the ladder, through the fog gate in the room on the right, ran up the tree, fought the hollowed with their backs turned and took out the hollow that throws the fire bombs from above (where that Knight fight is when you climb the ladder). Anyways, in that corner before you go down the ladder to see Pate, I used an estus flask. After I used the flask the corner wall shatters to reveal the room where the Cardinal Tower bonfire is.

Has anyone else opened this shortcut or found out why it may have opened? I'm not sold that what I did was the only reason it opened up.

Yeah, a dude threw a firebomb in those barrels by the wall and they blew up taking the wall down. It scared the shit out of me, but was so happy with that shortcut :D

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By musubi

@paco: Cool. I'll search around tonight. I've got a small pile of lock stones thanks to the Rat King Covenant.

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, so ti finally arrived today. The gift I chose was the petrified something.

I'm still in the tutorial but the first thing I did was trade it with (Smoothy?) the bird. The result is below:

You can in fact trade it with him (like in demon's and dark souls), I got the white ring back. The white ring makes you look like a (white) phantom, which could be useful for PvP.

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a couple of questions if this is the right thread for it.

What is a good way to get shards?

I have been doing the belltower invading stuff and have plenty of slabs but not enough shards to upgrade my stuff to the point of needing slabs.

If I ring the belltower myself, can I still invade people who are trying to ring it?

Any advice one weapons? I am not super familiar with upgrading weapons, are all weapons upgradable? I am using the Craftsman hammer because it seems pretty good, any advice on it?

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katimanic: So far I haven't come across any unlimited supplies on titanite. There have been a couple merchants that sell limited supplies for me so far. As for weapons, make sure that whatever you're using scales well with your stats. If you pump points into STR, then a good weapon would be one that is B or A or even S in STR. Same with DEX. You can really use whatever you want though. Try out a bunch and see what you like best and what you use effectively then upgrade that. Like I said, I have yet to find unlimited titanite shards so, at least for the early game, only upgrade what you want to use.

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, here's something I thought of that I'm not sure if it's been answered already. I know we can be invaded while hollowed, but can we be invaded after beating bosses? I was invaded by an NPC in Belfry Luna after beating the Gargoyles (I know it was an NPC because I was in offline mode), so does this mean anyone can invaded by anyone at anytime? Or is that something restricted to NPC invaders (or even that one invader, as I haven't seen it happen anywhere else)?

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Oh Rat King, noble by nature, imperterbable sovereign. I will kill in thy name, foul are these trespassers who would stand against you. Come my Rat legions! Let us vanquish these sinners and please our lord!

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So uh. Has anyone figured out a use for the sex change coffin? Or is it just there as a joke?

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By JJBSterling

Anyone know where to buy arrows?

I was buying them from the blacksmith in Majula for a while but then he ran out, haven't been able to find anyone else that sells them except for poison arrows in No-Man's Wharf.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reisz: Praise be brother. May the Rat King prosper!

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know if Gavlan eventually settles down in one spot? Every time I have encountered him, I never have all the stuff I need to sell on me, and running back to the bonfire to grab them out of my item box makes him leave.

UnInvincible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue@katimanic: When you reach a certain point in the story-line progression there will be a merchant that can sell infinite shards and large shards. Before this you are pretty limited in the number of weapons/armor that you'll be able to upgrade. Chunks can be farmed from some enemies and also from the bell guardian covenant.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am 17-3 in my Rat Covenant fights. I have a system down that is pretty much unbeatable for anyone not expecting how that place is laid out.

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paco: I don't think he does.

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vashyron: Damn, I thought that may be the case. Well, I guess I'll just carry everything until I see him again. Do you know where else he appears? So far, I only encountered him in No-Man's Wharf and Harvest Valley.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#199  Edited By Sessh

So, I don't get the Bell Keeper covenant. Someone explain to me why you get invaded by other guys in the same covenant all the time? Isn't that a bit, I don't know, illogical? Also, it's fucking insane, I can barely walk two feet before I get summoned for invasion again.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By redyoshi

(NPC quest line spoilers)

I missed a few of Lucatiel's summon signs, does anyone know if I use bonfire ascetics to re-fight those bosses if I will get their equipment later on?