The music in this game might be my favorite part.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Edited By jaqen_hghar

I mean, the game in itself is pretty damn awesome and is fast becoming my favorite Souls game. I am not that far in with my 25 hours of play, but so far I have fought... about five bosses? And besides noticing how great and "Soulsy" the design is, how they move, attack and generally want to fuck up my day, the one thing I have noticed on all of them have been the kick-ass music. An early fight ( Vordt ) would have been cool by itself, but the music all the way through is brilliant. Especially how it morphs into something more when the boss kicks into overdrive. Then you have the weird and disgusting stuff going on when fighting the next boss ( Curse-rotted greatwood ).

Bottom line, they have made a great game even greater by doing right by the music. Everything about the game feels like what it should feel like. The best end a trilogy of depressing and awful stories can have. I love it.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I'm really digging the music also. The boss music for the first lord of cinder fight you have I thought was really good.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By paulmako

The music is so wonderful! Been listening to it a lot outside of the game. It certainly feels more cohesive than previous souls games (Bloodborne was the first with a really cohesive soundtrack to me).

The second phase of the second boss has some amazingly dramatic music. And I enjoy the callbacks to older themes in some of the music.

It's easily the best soundtrack I have heard in a while.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I've definitely been enjoying the music as well throughout my playthrough, there is a nice mix of epic and haunting music.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've never understood the praise people gave to the music in these games. I mean, it's perfectly acceptable chorus droning for the background, but it's not something I want to sit and listen to.

Except for Demon's Souls' soundtrack. That shit is righteous.

Loading Video...
Immunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

The Firelink Shrine music has been my favorite so far. It's not the most bombastic, but I love the vocals and it fits the somber mood of Firelink well.

Loading Video...

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's superb. The Bloodborne OST was perfect for that world, and this fits the Dark Souls world perfectly. After that first boss, I texted my buddy with "dude, that music." He agreed.

I haven't popped in the free OST since the short lengths probably means things are cut short. But in-game, I pause whatever video I have going and just bask in the audio.

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I distinctly remember hearing the first boss' music with my headphones on being the most glorious thing. There's some more great stuff later on, especially with some familiar motifs.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though I'm a little conflicted on the amount of callbacks Dark Souls 3 makes to the previous games, I think the way it uses music in a couple of areas to evoke the first game is really excellent.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#9 jeanluc  Staff
@sterling said:

I'm really digging the music also. The boss music for the first lord of cinder fight you have I thought was really good.

Ditto. I just beat that fight and good lord the music was awesome. Definitely my favorite fight so far.

Jinoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I'm hoping there's an area or point where the music is like the Bloodborne Gerhman fight or the Ash Lake in Dark Souls.

The music From puts in their games does so well to inform the player's emotions of the intensity of the situation, even if it logically isn't understood.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

Loading Video...

The track listed above is probably my favourite of Dark Souls III. The music, for me, has always been one of the highlights of the Souls franchise and I'm glad to see that trend continue here.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

@jinoru: What made Ash Lake so good in Dark Souls is that you don't really have music outside of boss fights, so when an area have music it usually have some impact. And boy, does Ash Lake have an impact. That is still one of my favorite locations, despite being kinda empty. It's just so damn weird.

@flaminghobo: I just did this boss fight myself! Was playing through that area for fun with two of my brothers (who have had more time to play so have almost beaten the game), and we decided to just try it. They had problems beating him together, and I am worse at this than they (and I am their older brother, so that is not something I like to admit). That boss might just be my favorite fight in the entire series. One brother dies before halfway. The two of us who are left barely survive, second brother dies with about 20% health left. The music, the way the fight goes... I actually managed to end him myself, barely. That was ten minutes ago, and I am still kinda shaking.