This game is dope.
After unlocking some gear, I noticed I tend to build my character towards a specific build. Namely the Frost Blast and Heavy Crossbow are just devastating together. When you have the ability to re-roll stats, you can get +175% damage on the crossbow to frozen targets. Everything vaporises at that point. The first time I got this combo I managed to make it about twice as far as my longest run before, I even managed to kill a boss on my first encounter with him. Also just standing next to a door and one-shotting the mobs behind them is super fun. Tune this with Ice Grenades and Wolf Trap for extra crowd control.
Other tips coming to mind:
- Ranged only builds are totally viable, if used properly, for example the Infantry Bow is very useful close range and can be paired with an Ice Bow, which is better ranged and allows you to get near the frozen targets (also the blast on the Ice Bow is an area damage type, so it can hit multiple enemies with one shot)
- You can move the camera with the right stick - I realised this after hours of play but hey, better late than never
- The scrolls that improve damage types also enhance some mutations, for example the red one increases the bonus DPS on mutations providing this bonus
- You can break down the paid doors, which gets you the item for no gold cost, but gets you cursed. You can stack those curses.
Feel free to add your impressions and tips!
- I highly recommend rebinding the roll to the left shoulder button, that makes way more sense to me, on a controller
- when you find the shop with a cooking lady, you can pause and change the "Diet" option to see all the cosmetic variables of healing items