Next gen is here: 720P / 10 FPS (seriously)

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@sooty: I don't know... I think the new consoles are about as disppointing as the PS3 was when it came out, considering what was promised at the time (1080p games, among other things). The games were still great in the end so I'm saying it doesn't matter that much, and probably not at all to a lot of console gamers.

If you think resolution and framerate are vitally important, play games on PC. Even if console games ran at 1080p/60hz, it will still look like crap in 2 or 3 years when a lot of us will be playing on 1440p or even 4K monitors on the PC. That's just how it is.

I'm definitely going to continue playing games on PC but I always have at least one console for those experiences, I don't mind the odd framerate issue or potential resolution gaps between PC and console, but this 720P stuff is really quite insane to me.

I just don't understand how they are having such problems with games running at 1080P. No matter what, 8 years of hardware advancements should brute force through any sub-par optimisation. The argument that it's poor optimisation loses weight a bit when you consider how many games are coming in hot at 720P. Maybe Microsoft's devtools are ass.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I feel bad for the developers. I have to imagine they wanted more time to work on this that Microsoft simply wouldn't allow them. This is one of those cases where delays are absolutely the right course of action, and it probably would've been better for Microsoft to spread out some of their games in the coming six months a bit better, anyway.

Nevertheless, this is horrific performance, even for a launch game. Hopefully it gets its due attention.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By EXTomar

The more I look at Dead Rising 3 and see the problems it has, the more and more it feels like a PS3/360 game that was "rush ported" onto XBox One. It isn't the XBox One so much as people rushing this out the door.

RedRavN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep in mind that launch software is kind of in a functionally different place than a true next gen designed game. Anyone remember how framey and kind of ugly perfect dark zero was? The graphical leap is coming and I would expect we will be seeing some amazing stuff at E3. A poorly optimized game will always run like shit no matter what platform it's on. That said, it is kind of disappointing that these machines are clearly going to struggle to run most games above 720p. One good aspect about this is that hopefully this console generation will be shorter. I think a 4-5 year console generation is much better. Perhaps with more people having access to HD TV and with 4k on the immediate horizon there will be more of a reason for console makers to try and think about new products.

But even look at just COD2 compared to COD ghosts on x360. COD2 looked great when it came out but its pretty clear its a split generation game if you go and take a look. There was a lot of room to grow even on the same engine tech.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Sooty

@donpixel said:

@sooty said:

Is this potentially the worst console launch in history? 8 years later, and games are running at 720P, the resolution every 360 game came out of the gate with. I just don't understand how this can happen, consumer level PC hardware has been capable of 1920x1200 for at least 7 years on individual video cards.

What on earth is going on with this system? This can't just a case of bad optimisation or not figuring the console out, it is simply poor, there is no good reason that the resolution bump from 1280x720 to 1920x1080 is not possible. I don't even gain much FPS if I change games from 1080P down to 720P on PC games.

So much complain and you still pre-ordering? maybe they know consumers will consume no matter what, because reasons.. .

I was kidding. I'm only gonna get an Xbox One if it gets a lot of exclusives I want (I don't care for Forza, Gears or Halo) and is sold without a Kinect. (or is just generally really cheap)

@mosdl said:
@artisanbreads said:

Sports games are not less demanding. The physics, animation, simulation, etc going on... plus the image quality that that game has? 2K14 looks absolutely incredible.

Take a breath.

Actually they are less demanding - 2K14 looks good using on board graphics cards on PCs, which is why they look so good on nex gen consoles - they have more memory to work with and thus better textures/animations without having to worry about streaming in the world/etc.

But yet the game looks fantastic... so what is the point? I'm not saying it isn't easier from a baseline to do what a sports game has done, but the end result is fantastic. And it runs 60 FPS and 1080p at launch of this console.

I think the point is, it's not a good representation of what more standard games are going to end up like. Either way 720P across the board for most games is definitely worrying.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Incredible but I'll keep my snide comments to myself until they try out the final release.

@krullban said:

@sooty said:

Is this potentially the worst console launch in history? 8 years later, and games are running at 720P, the resolution every 360 game came out of the gate with. I just don't understand how this can happen, consumer level PC hardware has been capable of 1920x1200 for at least 7 years on individual video cards.

What on earth is going on with this system?

It's developer choice brah. NBA Nk14 is native 1080p 60 FPS on Xbox One. Dead Rising games are ALWAYS unoptimized as fuck.

No they're not. The first game stayed at a consistent 30 unless you were driving in the maintenance tunnells, mowing down zombies where it would drop to the mid 20's. Dead Rising 2 had the drops when in extremely crowded areas but it's not like poor performance is a staple of the series.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Grissefar

Oh no whatever will I dooooOOoooOOOooo. The launch game dips in framerate when blowing through literally hundreds of zombies in the streets. I cannot handle such a travesty. I must express my hate on the internet.

I know it's cool to hate but remember to also take it easy folks. Maybe start asking the more relevant questions such as "Is it heck of fun?" instead of "How many vertical Ps are there?"

Avatar image for roarimadinosaur
RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty: dude what? 8800 gtx, how did you even get that running well? I need to know this. I had a 9800 gtx with an e8400 and I was running it at 1440 x 900. High settings with 4 x AA. I was getting 45 fps unlocked which slouched to 30 in congested fire. what kind of voodoo magic did you have?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's super adorable that people are analyzing launch games to death, as if their graphical quality is in any way indicative of the console's overall capabilities. We're going to need way more than a few launch games to get an overall sense of what developers are able to do with each console.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosdl said:
@pyrodactyl said:

I sure wish there was a digital foundry in the kameo/perfect dark days so you could understand how launch games are poorly optimized. You kow, kinda like PC games. I'm not buying an xbox one but that doesn't change the fact that games in 6 months or a year will run perfectly fine and look much better than they're ''suppose to'' on xbox one specs. That's how consoles work. Just look at GTA 5 and tell me 20fps in dead rising 3 is the best the xbox one can do.

PC games are not optimized? Been seeing that a lot lately and its such a lie.

Try to read what a wrote. In substance I said: PC games are poorly optimized. Not PC games are not optimized.

Let me clarify though. What I meant to say: PC games are badly optimized compared to console games.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By damodar

@splodge said:

@video_game_king said:

@tycobb:

Not even that, though. It's more like the leap between generations. I can see a clear difference between a good looking Wii game and a good looking 360 game; I can't see much of a difference between a good looking 360 game and a good looking XBOne game.

It will take a couple of years before they get the most out of the system. I hope that the games will look way better a few years down the line. The difference between ps3 launch games and the games at the end of the cycle is pretty immense.It's a learning curve for everyone.

I feel like that argument only goes so far. The Cell processor in the PS3 is a pretty singular piece of hardware and I bet the documentation on it was severely lacking, at least for non Japanese developers. It took a long time for people to understand the system architecture, because it was problematically complex and unique. Neither of these new machines should have this problem, so the learning curve should be way smaller and plateau way sooner.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sooty

@roarimadinosaur said:

@sooty: dude what? 8800 gtx, how did you even get that running well? I need to know this. I had a 9800 gtx with an e8400 and I was running it at 1440 x 900. High settings with 4 x AA. I was getting 45 fps unlocked which slouched to 30 in congested fire. what kind of voodoo magic did you have?

I was playing on high without AA, it didn't run amazingly, about 30 FPS. (at 1920x1200)

Crysis felt weird, because it felt so smooth even at 30. I don't know how that worked. Now I aim for 60 on everything but for how good Crysis looked at the time I was happy that it ran even remotely smoothly to be honest.

Though, hey! Compared to the Xbox One that 8800GTX was a fucking beast.

VirtuaGrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am more offended at that wall in the background.

God, that looks awful. I must admit I'm not that sensitive to resolution differences and while I hate frame rate drops, gaming on a crappy laptop for years has me pretty used to a choppy frame rate...but bad textures or texture pop-in is really the god damn worst. It's the one thing I was hoping never to see on new consoles.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Sooty

@pyrodactyl said:

@mosdl said:
@pyrodactyl said:

I sure wish there was a digital foundry in the kameo/perfect dark days so you could understand how launch games are poorly optimized. You kow, kinda like PC games. I'm not buying an xbox one but that doesn't change the fact that games in 6 months or a year will run perfectly fine and look much better than they're ''suppose to'' on xbox one specs. That's how consoles work. Just look at GTA 5 and tell me 20fps in dead rising 3 is the best the xbox one can do.

Let me clarify though. What I meant to say: PC games are badly optimized compared to console games.

This is both true and not true, while it's amazing stuff like GTA V came out on the 360, you'd be surprised how playable games are on old PC hardware so long as you're okay with 720P and 30 FPS + medium settings. You can get very similar results (often better) to current generation console games on pretty damn old PC hardware if you drop the res and settings a bit.

But yeah, it is pretty great what they can do. If the PS4 is putting stuff out like Killzone and BF4 at launch I'm pretty excited to see how much they can squeeze out of that thing.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's super adorable that people are analyzing launch games to death, as if their graphical quality is in any way indicative of the console's overall capabilities. We're going to need way more than a few launch games to get an overall sense of what developers are able to do with each console.

It never got any better than Perfect Dark so this is totally valid. Bro.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

What on earth is going on with this system? This can't just a case of bad optimisation or not figuring the console out, it is simply poor, there is no good reason that the resolution bump from 1280x720 to 1920x1080 is not possible. I don't even gain much FPS if I change games from 1080P down to 720P on PC games.

I kinda don't understand how people don't understand this.

Developers on consoles will always pick the lower resolution or the lower frame rate because they can alwaysput that horsepower towards making the textures sharper or the visuals pop more. They want that screenshot as pretty as possible and they're willing to bet the majority of people don't care what the resolution actually is as long as their TV says 1080p.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By pyrodactyl

@sooty said:

@bigjeffrey said:

Canceling at the Microsoft Store takes a while. Also calm down OP

Oh I am perfectly calm, don't get the wrong impression. I love all this controversial bullshit. I'd be saying the same if this was the PS4 so it's not a brand thing.

The funniest part is, the resolution/frame rate ''controversy'' doesn't matter to the people who make or break a console. It also tells us nothing aside from PS4 is more powerfull than xbox one. It may be disapointing that the first games on a brand new machine have a few technical problems but that's nothing new or unexpected. Even if we're 8 years from the last console launch, the same rules apply.

So, why is this a controversy again?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#68  Edited By musubi
devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By devilzrule27

Meh launch games. Hopefully games that come out later get their shit together.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Sooty

@artisanbreads said:

@bisonhero said:

Perfect Dark was terrible in every way, not just because it was a launch game. Call of Duty 2 and Condemned were pretty damn impressive at the time, but that was 8 years ago at 720P. It's silly that we are still at that resolution now on the successor, that is my issue here for the 500 bones.

Avatar image for roarimadinosaur
RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By RoarImaDinosaur
@sooty said:

@roarimadinosaur said:

I was playing on high without AA, it didn't run amazingly, about 30 FPS. (at 1920x1200)

Crysis felt weird, because it felt so smooth even at 30. I don't know how that worked. Now I aim for 60 on everything but for how good Crysis looked at the time I was happy that it ran even remotely smoothly to be honest.

That makes sense. I still get by with 1080p and just 2 x AA on everything I play now. My eyes aren't sensitive enough to tell at 4 x AA at 1080.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Sooty

@doctorchimp said:

@sooty said:

Developers on consoles will always pick the lower resolution or the lower frame rate because they can alwaysput that horsepower towards making the textures sharper or the visuals pop more. They want that screenshot as pretty as possible and they're willing to bet the majority of people don't care what the resolution actually is as long as their TV says 1080p.

I don't think that's a particularly valid excuse when it's 8 years on and you're still not capable of resolutions above 720P. That is why it's so disappointing.

It's nothing to do with me not understanding something. I'm fully aware of that practice on the current generation, I can accept 1080P/30 on launch, but 720P/30? Come on!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

@artisanbreads said:

@bisonhero said:

Perfect Dark was terrible in every way, not just because it was a launch game. Call of Duty 2 and Condemned were pretty damn impressive at the time, but that was 8 years ago at 720P. It's silly that we are still at that resolution now on the successor, that is my issue here for the 500 bones.

Okay? Don't buy this game?

There are games at 1080p on Xbox One (the aforementioned 2K14) so lets so where it goes from here. Games got way better looking as the last gen went on, why wouldn't they here?

FaPaThY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Launch title excuse or not, to me, letting one of your exclusives come out of the gate running this badly really doesn't help sell the system.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

@artisanbreads said:

@bisonhero said:

There are games at 1080p on Xbox One (the aforementioned 2K14) so lets so where it goes from here. Games got way better looking as the last gen went on, why wouldn't they here?

As it has been said a basketball game is obviously quite different to anything else, or most others would be at 1080 too most likely, I guess. They will get better, but still, to say this is not worrying and profoundly disappointing is just a lie. It makes me wonder how big the gap will actually get between the two systems if this is happening at launch.

I guess I was hoping they would be much closer than this.

Residentrevil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't the article also say that they just recorded the footage at a London event where it was probably a much older build?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

@artisanbreads said:

@sooty said:

@artisanbreads said:

@bisonhero said:

As it has been said a basketball game is obviously quite different to anything else, or most others would be at 1080 too most likely, I guess. They will get better, but still, to say this is not worrying and profoundly disappointing is just a lie. It makes me wonder how big the gap will actually get between the two systems if this is happening at launch.

I am not profoundly disappointed. This is not a lie. It's a launch of a video game console. Lets see where it is in the future.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

@artisanbreads said:

@sooty said:

@artisanbreads said:

@bisonhero said:

I am not profoundly disappointed. This is not a lie. It's a launch of a video game console. Lets see where it is in the future.

It's not just a launch thing that makes it bad, it's bad because it is considerably worse than the cheaper, competing console. That's just embarrassing.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sooty said:

@krullban said:

@sooty said:

It's developer choice brah. NBA Nk14 is native 1080p 60 FPS on Xbox One. Dead Rising games are ALWAYS unoptimized as fuck.

Sports games are gonna be less demanding most likely though, being in a very confined arena setting and all.

We'll see. I don't want the Xbone to fail, but they are really doing an injustice to their price tag at the moment.

Sports games are not less demanding. The physics, animation, simulation, etc going on... plus the image quality that that game has? 2K14 looks absolutely incredible.

Take a breath.

Yeah, no difference between an open world game containing between 1 and 300 people on screen at the same time, and a sports game which has about 15 people on screen at all times and a mostly static camera.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By pyrodactyl

@sooty said:

@pyrodactyl said:

@mosdl said:
@pyrodactyl said:

This is both true and not true, while it's amazing stuff like GTA V came out on the 360, you'd be surprised how playable games are on old PC hardware so long as you're okay with 720P and 30 FPS + medium settings. You can get very similar results (often better) to current generation console games on pretty damn old PC hardware if you drop the res and settings a bit.

What's an old PC though? 3-4 years old video card and processor? How much did you pay for all those parts+ the case and the motherboard 3-4 years ago?

The xbox 360 held on for about 6 years for a price of 500$ at launch before its age really started to show with BF3. It held on for 7 years if you ignore BF3 and start to count from AC3 and Farcry 3. Despite all that it remained relevant for nearly 8 years with stuff like bioshock infinite and GTA 5 running perfectly fine on its ancient hardware. When it finally dies (in my mind anyway) next year with the release of dark souls 2 it will be more than 8 years old.

You know what an 8 year old PC is good for? Very slow word processing and internet browsing. But it's most likely not even good enough for that and you should probably shoot it in the back of the case out of mercy.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TyCobb

@artisanbreads said:

@sooty said:

@krullban said:

@sooty said:

Sports games are gonna be less demanding most likely though, being in a very confined arena setting and all.

We'll see. I don't want the Xbone to fail, but they are really doing an injustice to their price tag at the moment.

Take a breath.

Yeah, no difference between an open world game containing between 1 and 300 people on screen at the same time, and a sports game which has about 15 people on screen at all times and a mostly static camera.

But, the ball physics! Your 100+ interactive and physic based environment objects have nothing on the physics of a single basketball. It has spinning animations!

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty: I know resolution has numbers attached so it's easy to look at at get all pissy but it's pretty far down in the list of what makes a game look good. You can get all uppity when you look at screenshots but if you're sitting more than a few feet away from your tv you can barely notice a difference between 720p and 1080p while the game is actually playing. You're acting like nothing else has changed in the last years and they aren't pushing the systems in different ways. If the decision to is add more stuff or raise the resolution I'll take more stuff every time.

Your comparison to pc gaming is also ridiculous. If people care enough about the p's and will spend $1000 to make sure they have their p's then they'll buy a pc. Most people don't want to spend $500 on a console. I doubt you could even build an entire pc for $500 that would be capable of even running some of the multiplatform games coming out.

Dead Rising is also a ridiculous game to get all out if shape over about how it runs. If you know what's required on he programming end you deal with some of the performance hitches just like you put up with bugs in an Elder Scrolls game. The Digital Foundry videos still made the game look great and I saw nothing that looked unplayable.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

@doctorchimp said:

@sooty said:

I don't think that's a particularly valid excuse when it's 8 years on and you're still not capable of resolutions above 720P. That is why it's so disappointing.

It's nothing to do with me not understanding something. I'm fully aware of that practice on the current generation, I can accept 1080P/30 on launch, but 720P/30? Come on!

Yeah, I just can't wait to see what happens in 5 years. Hopefully something else comes out other than Second Son for that PS4, cause it looks like I'd still rather play TItanfall and Watchdogs on my PC.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@grissefar said:

@artisanbreads said:

@sooty said:

@krullban said:

@sooty said:

Take a breath.

Yeah there is nothing technically impressive about 2K blending all of its animations on the fly with incredible detail, facial expressions, a 3D crowd and arena, all the lighting and reflections. It's easy to do. 2K only blows Madden out of the water in all areas in a sport that's way harder to render. With a whole bunch of camera angles you can select. And it makes LIVE look last gen. It's easy to do! Not impressive at all.

@sooty said:

It's not just a launch thing that makes it bad, it's bad because it is considerably worse than the cheaper, competing console. That's just embarrassing.

Xbox's feature set goes beyond games and has broad appeal. 5 friends of mine who are more casual are all getting Xbox because it does a whole bunch of other things in addition to games and they don't give a fuck or know about the resolution.

Xbox is fine.

Don't buy one dude. That's cool. I don't know what this is all about.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Darji

@artisanbreads: I think people are saying that it would have been better for the games if the Xbox One launch would have been delayed by a few months. Dead Rising is not the only game that suffers problem or missing features and most of them could be avoided by delay. Sony may have lesser exclusive titles but they look all better and seem to not suffer from games rushing out of the door. There was one game which even was delayed for the sake of more content and quality.

This game just screams rushed. Stuff like this here is not even a power issue

No Caption Provided

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#86 fisk0  Moderator

@sooty said:

@roarimadinosaur said:

I think one thing that the Cryengine games do, as well as the idTech engines, and unlike the Unreal Engine games, is to do the user input separetely from the rendering. Unreal Engine games start feeling really unresponsive when the framerate drops as it reads input on every frame refresh, but not Id and Crytech games, where it still feels very responsive control wise, but doesn't update what happens on the screen as often.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ArtisanBreads
@darji said:

@artisanbreads: I think people are saying that it would have been better for the games if the Xbox One launch would have been delayed by a few months. Dead Rising is not the only game that suffers problem or missing features and most of them could be avoided by delay. Sony may have lesser exclusive titles but they look all better and seem to not suffer from games rushing out of the door. There was one game which even was delayed for the sake of more content and quality.

This game just screams rushed. Stuff like this here is no even a power issue

No Caption Provided

I totally agree this game could use more time, which makes it bizarre to take a sky is falling approach on this system. This game obviously could just use more time.

Nekromantix87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like a giant spectre from Doom in that screenshot.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By mikey87144

Here is the problem. People are complaining about the resolution and frame rate now on XB1, what happens next year or so when this statement becomes reality, "1080p60fps PS4, 720p30fps XB1." I keep hearing that Microsoft hasn't fully updated the SDK but it's not like Sony is going to stand pat with their console either.

Party

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Party

I try not to pay attention to things like resolution and frame rates too much unless I feel they are directly infringing on the gameplay experience. Does the game look good? Yes? No? Do reviews say whether the game runs like absolute garbage to the point where it's unplayable? Yes? No? These are the questions I care about. I think Dead Rising 3 looks decent. I think some games from the previous generation (not even looking at PC games, console games) look better on a technical level. I think Second Son looks better than anything else I've seen on either console so far and better than most things on PC as well. So should I be expected to think that the next generation is lost because of one or two or ten games at launch that are maybe under performing slightly?

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By DonPixel

Oh no whatever will I dooooOOoooOOOooo. The launch game dips in framerate when blowing through literally hundreds of zombies in the streets. I cannot handle such a travesty. I must express my hate on the internet.

I know it's cool to hate but remember to also take it easy folks. Maybe start asking the more relevant questions such as "Is it heck of fun?" instead of "How many vertical Ps are there?"

I don't think OP is necessarily angry, I can speak for myself: sure I'm not, more like indifferent. Thou I have ask myself a relevant questions such:

-Having a nice PC, Do I need to trow 500 in a redundant already dated (before launch) console right now ?

No, not really.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#92  Edited By geirr
jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By jimmyfenix
Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally think the frame rate is a real bummer, all this shit about 720p 1080p is all kind of nonsense in my opinion, resolution is not the be all and end all.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys don't worry, NBA 2k14 runs really well and looks really good. This launch is going to be AWESOME!!!!

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a launch title people, calm the fuck down and go look at Gun on 360 at launch. We'll be okay. Also, why does everyone Herald gta 5 as the greatest looking game ever? The massive aliasing, poor texture resolution and shitty draw distance (of higher quality), and it's Semi playable frametate of 22-28fps.it looks good, but not that good. We need to be comparing to games like The Last of Us, that really are the gems of the generation, that is a game that you could have told me was on next gen and I would have believed it. Anyway, it's not a shock that xb1 is underperformed anyway, it's going to be broken as fuck at launch, hence all the mega late embargoes on the games, and absolute 0 online footage we've seen.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not too fond of the arguments of "look at 360 launch games vs. current 360 games". Diminishing returns people.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#98  Edited By mosdl

@pyrodactyl said:

Try to read what a wrote. In substance I said: PC games are poorly optimized. Not PC games are not optimized.

And your proof is? Nvidia/AMD driver updates boosting games each release is mine.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@mikey87144 said:

Here is the problem. People are complaining about the resolution and frame rate now on XB1, what happens next year or so when this statement becomes reality, "1080p60fps PS4, 720p30fps XB1." I keep hearing that Microsoft hasn't fully updated the SDK but it's not like Sony is going to stand pat with their console either.

We will go from there? People who care about that will go PS4.

Xbox games always looked better than the PS2 versions so I played them there. It'll be that type of situation. And like that situation, maybe Xbox One will be the more successful system anyways as the less powerful system. Or maybe it will not be. We will have to see.

One thing is for sure: people freaking out about it right now is silly. Right now CoD has a better resolution on PS4, but according to people who have seen both, runs better on Xbox. These are the early, early days.

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomeonfire: it's true that we'll be hitting up some diminishing returns, my argument isn't so much the graphical improvement, as much as it is the frames rate and resolutions (or at least AA) that we expect