Next gen is here: 720P / 10 FPS (seriously)

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#151  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@marokai said:

@chaser324: Agreed. I just want the conversation to be about the games, instead of trying to create different narratives. Even on people who have no dog in the fight, it becomes exhausting to read the arguments all the time, and can lead people who otherwise had no bias becoming bitter toward any discussion of one platform or another, only poisoning all the discussion further.

I think within a month or so the temperature will naturally start to cool, once the launch craziness has come and gone. One can hope, anyway.

Yeah, that's basically the point I was trying to make in my earlier post. This sort of "system wars" bickering doesn't actually advance or promote any opinion. It just makes everyone involved in the argument looked like a maniac, and it discourages many people from trying to engage in any discussion.

I'm hoping beyond all hope that six months from now all of this stuff is behind us and we can just talk about playing games again.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Don't get too excited people. It looks like a fairly mediocre game rushed out the door to hit on launch day. I wouldn't put it's performance under too fine of a microscope.

But, the facts are pretty clear on the GPU power differences between the two consoles. The PS4 is not "a bit" more powerful. The numbers are real and if that kind of thing matters to you then factor that in to your buying decision.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By jArmAhead

@sooty said:

Is this potentially the worst console launch in history? 8 years later, and games are running at 720P, the resolution every 360 game came out of the gate with. I just don't understand how this can happen, consumer level PC hardware has been capable of 1920x1200 for at least 7 years on individual video cards.

What on earth is going on with this system? This can't just a case of bad optimisation or not figuring the console out, it is simply poor, there is no good reason that the resolution bump from 1280x720 to 1920x1080 is not possible. I don't even gain much FPS if I change games from 1080P down to 720P on PC games.

Okay, first of all plenty of Xbone games are running 1080p. In fact the only 1080p 60fps game I can think of this gen so far is Forza. Maybe Ghosts, but the PS4 version apparently has performance issues so that doesn't really count.

Second of all, most Xbox 360 games were running at around 540 pixels early on. Why do you think aliasing was such a shitshow on 360/PS3 especially early on? Hell I think 540 pixels was a STEP UP FROM PREVIOUS GAMES for MW2. That means previous games were running even lower than 540p.

A lot of games didn't run at native 720p last generation. And remember what the launch games looked like on the 360? Pretty piss poor. You should at least get your facts straight before you call this the worst console launch in history because of the resolution/framerate a single game runs at. That is just silly. Dead Rising ran like shit last generation as well. If you think that DR3 is the perfect example of technical ability of any console, you are woefully uninformed. Also, a lot of games drop frames like that when crazy shit happens. Usually when everything is exploding, you don't NEED the framerate to be crazy high so it's really not the end of the world as long as it's very brief (like during the flamethrower stuff we saw in the GB video).

And please tell me how drops to 25fps and the occasional (and questionably measured) more extreme drops that last little more than a moment can't possibly be poor optimization? Have you played Far Cry 3 on 360? 25fps is the MAX framerate most of the time you're doing anything, and 16fps isn't something you hit for a brief moment, it's something entire sections run at.

And What is it with people saying the game doesn't look good? I think, for what it is and what it does, it looks pretty good. A hell of a lot better than even the PC versions of past games and WAYYYYY better than the console versions. The characters actually look pretty good, the environments look fine, there are a ton of zombies and the lighting/effects are pretty good too. You know what else has the occasionally AWFUL texture? Battlefield 4. A couple moments in Campaign I came on a few really terrible ones. Still a great looking game. DR3 isn't a hell of a looker, and it's poorly optimized, but it looks better than a current gen game by plenty. Don't believe me? Go pull up a screenshot of the 360 version of DR2, especially a cut scene showing a character or something. Then go boil your head for exaggerating the lack of difference between generations. No shit it doesn't look as good as GTA V, DR games have never been technical powerhouses beyond the number of things on screen. And by the way, GTA V drops frames plenty especially when it matters in my experience.

@tycobb:

Not even that, though. It's more like the leap between generations. I can see a clear difference between a good looking Wii game and a good looking 360 game; I can't see much of a difference between a good looking 360 game and a good looking XBOne game.

You can't tell the difference between like, GTA V and Ryse? Really? Because at that point you either don't care or don't have the eyes to notice the difference. It's not because the difference isn't there, it absolutely is. Ryse looks fantastic, and I think that Infamous looks about as fantastic. Forza is a hell of a looker too but I understand why the difference there isn't super noticeable especially for those who haven't kept up with playing those games. Compare DR2 to DR3 and you'll see the difference. Is it massive? No. But eventually it'll come.

Also, the Wii is a weird one because it doesn't do most of the stuff that really sets the 360/PS3 generation apart. I'm not even sure if it's capable of all the new shader stuff that the current generation introduced. And if it is, it's in VERY limited capacities. Comparing generations/consoles is just hard in general because of exactly that. Early 360 games basically didn't do anything new other than all of them using normal maps. Now they have Ambient Occlusion, basic SSS, basic global illumination, displacement maps, object based motion blur, soft gpu accelerated shadows, tonemapping, water physics, soft bodies, etc.

Dead Rising 3 doesn't seem to take advantage of the cool new potency of the new consoles. Using it as the high watermark for anything is just unfair, unrealistic, and silly.

Sorry if I was a bit unpatient with all of this, quite frankly, horseshit but A) I'm tired of hearing this kind of total silliness and B) I just worked a 13 hour overnight shift and then an 8 hour early ass morning shift with about 3 hours of sleep between them, so I have no idea if I was just being tired of this kind of talk about the Xbone in particular or just a dick.

@mosdl said:
@pyrodactyl said:

I sure wish there was a digital foundry in the kameo/perfect dark days so you could understand how launch games are poorly optimized. You kow, kinda like PC games. I'm not buying an xbox one but that doesn't change the fact that games in 6 months or a year will run perfectly fine and look much better than they're ''suppose to'' on xbox one specs. That's how consoles work. Just look at GTA 5 and tell me 20fps in dead rising 3 is the best the xbox one can do.

PC games are not optimized? Been seeing that a lot lately and its such a lie.

@artisanbreads said:

Sports games are not less demanding. The physics, animation, simulation, etc going on... plus the image quality that that game has? 2K14 looks absolutely incredible.

Take a breath.

Actually they are less demanding - 2K14 looks good using on board graphics cards on PCs, which is why they look so good on nex gen consoles - they have more memory to work with and thus better textures/animations without having to worry about streaming in the world/etc.

Not all a game needs to run is memory. PS, memory isn't just for textures and animations. If that was why 2K14 looked so good, it wouldn't have looked significantly better than the PC version, which was just a sharper version of the current gen game. And pretty much any kind of simulation needs a pretty decent amount of memory as well, the more advanced or detailed the more memory it uses. I'm sure the cloth sim takes up a decent amount in 2K14.And I bet the player interaction system uses a bit too.

And either way, it's not how intensive, it's where it uses that intensity. And memory is what both of these platforms have in spades. The rest of it is entirely about the speed of the GPU. Sports games aren't less intensive, they just target higher framerates and focus on different things. But they can and do certainly make use of about as much of the GPU as a reasonably optimized game. NOT Dead Rising 3, to be clear, but that's all optimization.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#154  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@chaser324 said:

I'm hoping beyond all hope that six months from now all of this stuff is behind us and we can just talk about playing games again.

Same.

At least when I see consolewarz talk and this nonsense in the next few months people will have the games and systems in front of them instead of going to war for stuff they haven't even touched or really seen. Right now this is all incredible and sad.

Lets hope it all goes away but it can't be worse than this nonsense for the last couple months.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

@chaser324:

The graphical quality and frame rate is a part of playing games though. Saying that the Xbox One is dog shit and Sony rules because 720p and frame rate-etc.etc. is silly. Saying that the graphical quality in regards to resolution and that possibly the frame rate of games looks to be more consistent with one system over another is good information for consumers.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@jasonr86: Yeah, I don't disagree that these differences exist, but there are ways to talk about them rationally.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: We'll just agree to disagree. Everyone can piss and moan about conceived advantages/disadvantages of each console. Whether they are true remains to be seen. Not too long ago the knock on the Xbox was that the OS was totally broken. The unintentional console delivery by Target proved that wrong, before that was the talk of a humongous day 1 patch in comparison to the PS4. We find out it's 500 mb to 300 mb, not much bigger. Of course there was the whole Kinect is going to spy on you crap, the new Sony software agreement states that they can and will monitor and record your voice and text chats. I'm all for both consoles succeeding and I'm purchasing both. Consumers are the beneficiary of strong competition so I'm not really certain why some of you are so obsessed with talking shit about the console you have no intention of purchasing. If you did this with any other consumer product you'd be labeled a nut job.

To have this strong competition you need almost equally strong competitors and that is the problem right now. While both consoles have a problems the games on the XboX one seem to be far more rushed than on PS4. Same with all the media stuff that is not there at day one. It would have been maybe better to actually delay the Xbox one for the sake of strong competition. That is all I am saying.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Wow that is a bummer. It was the most interesting looking "next-gen" game coming out this year. With the amount of advertising this game has gotten there is going to be a real shit storm if this doesn't get fixed by launch.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Oh my god, these console arguments.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@darji said:

To have this strong competition you need almost equally strong competitors and that is the problem right now. While both consoles have a problems the games on the XboX one seem to be far more rushed than on PS4. Same with all the media stuff that is not there at day one. It would have been maybe better to actually delay the Xbox one for the sake of strong competition. That is all I am saying.

From a technical perspective, the PS4 certainly has more horsepower and better looking launch games, but the way you just casually write off the Xbox One as not even being a worthy market competitor is ridiculous. You're in too deep in this console war that you're helping to perpetuate (whether you mean to or not), and I think you just need to do yourself a favor and step back a bit, take a breath, and try to take a broader perspective on things.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Darji

@chaser324: No I am not. I am saying that right now these games on Xbox one seems to be rushed out too early. Like Forza which will have a huge update at launch for normal SP content or Ryse which will have not all the multiplayer stuff rdy at launch. Or now Dead Rising. It just feels like a rushed out console not that it is hopeless or not competition.

We heard from many people that these developer tools on Xbox One are not there yet were they should be. And all of these things could be prevented by a small delay. Just like Sony delayed Drive Club for example. Does it suck? Yes sure it does but if it was the right decision for the quality and sake of this game.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

@hailinel said:

Look, if you're too much of a pussy to argue about important shit like launch game frame rates and how many p's are being shown, then buy a WiiU and STFU!

If you want me, I'll be over here masturbating to this hot digital foundry footage.

clarkj1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By clarkj1981

Extreme and reactionary threads like this make the gaming community during console launch time a joke. It's obvious who's picked "teams" for the corporate wars. Enjoy your respective paychecks.....or, rather, giving your respective paychecks to the corporate team of your choosing.

OR you could take a breath and try to put some of this in perspective. If you weren't paying attention, let me spell this out for you: the community rhetoric surrounding the XBone/PS4 is virtually indistinguishable from that being espoused at the 360/PS3 launch. If you disagree with that statement, I don't know what you're talking about and, what's more, I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about either.

"The most disastrous launch in history." Really? Both systems are going to have disappointing launch titles. I'll make you a bet that both systems are going to have HORRIBLY disappointing titles here and there throughout their lifespan. As an example, the PS4 version of GHOSTS's frame-rate problems are resulting in generally lower review scores than the Xbone counterpart. Is this reflective of a "disaster"? No. The only "disaster" is the rhetoric that is continuously generated by an insufferable group of gamers every time we go through a competitive console launch period. To the author of this post and others similarly-situated, at the very least, stop pretending you aren't rooting for your "opponent's" system to fail. At minimum, it would add a modicum of truth to the avalanche of nonsense.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 chaser324  Moderator

@darji:

Sorry, I guess misinterpreted your post in that case, or I just assumed that you were trying to be dismissive the Xbox One.

Yeah, there's definitely a lot of sprinting through the finish from most developers on both the Xbox One and PS4, but there probably is a bit more on the Xbox One side of things. I'm sure if it were feasible to push the launch back it would have been done, but from a marketing and sales perspective, it's probably just too costly to slip out of holiday.

Schmollian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#165  Edited By Schmollian

I will eventually get a PS4... Probably... But for now, I am happy with my decision to just get that 770...

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Darji

@chaser324: Yeah and that is pretty sad. I liked Dead Rising and just imagine what a polished game maybe 3-4 or mabye even 6 month after launch would have done to this console. Now its getting scrapped by many people because of such stupid issues which not even have to do something with the power difference.

I get why they did that on a business side but I am a gamer not someone who has shares in a company.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

I'm glad I'm holding out until Spring.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

We can try a little experiment.

When the inevitable PC version of GTA 5 comes out try loading it up on a PC that's, let's say, 4 years old. Half the age of an xbox 360. I can predict the results right now: a PC from 2009 (4 years of tech ahead of the 360 and at least twice the price) won't be able to run the game or will suffer from MAJOR lag issues.

You can try a similar experiment right now by loading up the witcher 2 on a machine from 2007 or 2008. Those would be 2 or 3 years more advanced than a 360 and will choke trying to play the game on similar settings.

Devellopers aren't lying when they say you can code to the metal with console hardware. We've neen witnessing that very fact for almost 8 years now.

If you run them at 720p then they would run fine actually especially if you reduce all the settings to 360 levels - youtube has some nice videos of that (for Witcher 2).

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah that's a bummer man. I mean on one hand, launch games, kinda whatever, but on the other it's one of the more interesting exclusives and if it really is that janky, it makes buying a Xone less attractive. Less wow factor when it looks like a slide show. Definitely feels like some of this stuff might have been rushed, makes me feel a bit better about getting a new PC instead. I still am interested in the system though I'm sure by the time I'm ready to pick one up it'll be looking like a better buy.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

I played what seems to be the same demo brad played and while that's a bummer I still had fun and it's still a game I want to play. It just could be better.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was going to buy a PS4, but all this PC talk has swayed me.

Can anyone recommend a good $400 gaming PC?

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joeyravn said:

@triviaman09 said:

Yo, wait till games come out to judge them.

This is Digital Foundry we're speaking of, not some random YouTuber who based his opinion on a video he saw online. Unless you're claiming they are somehow doctoring the results to make Dead Rising 3 look bad, I honestly don't see why we should "wait till the games come out to judge them". Performance is performance.

I'm saying I trust thousands of people and outlets with the finished game in their hands way more than any pre-release coverage. I'm not suggesting anything, but short of pre-ordering games (which nobody should do anyway) there's no reason to judge a game until it comes out and a lot of reasons not to.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tearhead: Climaxing over frames fluctuating ehh?

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

@tearhead: Climaxing over frames fluctuating ehh?

When that line graph dipped to 10fps I swear I saw the face of God himself. On a related note, my keyboard is now unusable...

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#175  Edited By impartialgecko

Dead Rising 2 was utterly broken on the technical front. I'm not surprised a launch game from the same team is completely unoptimised.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bribo: the PS4 is a $400 PC that will play games. I can't really recommend a PC for under $1000 that will get equivalent performance.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sooty said:

Is this potentially the worst console launch in history? 8 years later, and games are running at 720P, the resolution every 360 game came out of the gate with. I just don't understand how this can happen, consumer level PC hardware has been capable of 1920x1200 for at least 7 years on individual video cards.

What on earth is going on with this system? This can't just a case of bad optimisation or not figuring the console out, it is simply poor, there is no good reason that the resolution bump from 1280x720 to 1920x1080 is not possible. I don't even gain much FPS if I change games from 1080P down to 720P on PC games.

Okay, first of all plenty of Xbone games are running 1080p. In fact the only 1080p 60fps game I can think of this gen so far is Forza. Maybe Ghosts, but the PS4 version apparently has performance issues so that doesn't really count.

Second of all, most Xbox 360 games were running at around 540 pixels early on. Why do you think aliasing was such a shitshow on 360/PS3 especially early on? Hell I think 540 pixels was a STEP UP FROM PREVIOUS GAMES for MW2. That means previous games were running even lower than 540p.

A lot of games didn't run at native 720p last generation. And remember what the launch games looked like on the 360? Pretty piss poor. You should at least get your facts straight before you call this the worst console launch in history because of the resolution/framerate a single game runs at. That is just silly. Dead Rising ran like shit last generation as well. If you think that DR3 is the perfect example of technical ability of any console, you are woefully uninformed. Also, a lot of games drop frames like that when crazy shit happens. Usually when everything is exploding, you don't NEED the framerate to be crazy high so it's really not the end of the world as long as it's very brief (like during the flamethrower stuff we saw in the GB video).

And please tell me how drops to 25fps and the occasional (and questionably measured) more extreme drops that last little more than a moment can't possibly be poor optimization? Have you played Far Cry 3 on 360? 25fps is the MAX framerate most of the time you're doing anything, and 16fps isn't something you hit for a brief moment, it's something entire sections run at.

And What is it with people saying the game doesn't look good? I think, for what it is and what it does, it looks pretty good. A hell of a lot better than even the PC versions of past games and WAYYYYY better than the console versions. The characters actually look pretty good, the environments look fine, there are a ton of zombies and the lighting/effects are pretty good too. You know what else has the occasionally AWFUL texture? Battlefield 4. A couple moments in Campaign I came on a few really terrible ones. Still a great looking game. DR3 isn't a hell of a looker, and it's poorly optimized, but it looks better than a current gen game by plenty. Don't believe me? Go pull up a screenshot of the 360 version of DR2, especially a cut scene showing a character or something. Then go boil your head for exaggerating the lack of difference between generations. No shit it doesn't look as good as GTA V, DR games have never been technical powerhouses beyond the number of things on screen. And by the way, GTA V drops frames plenty especially when it matters in my experience.

I've never seen a post of such utter bullshit or someone take such extreme liberties with what I'm saying.

I do remember what launch 360 games looked like, Perfect Dark Zero and Gun are not the only games that came out which is why I have said repeatedly that Call of Duty 2 and Condemned looked pretty fucking good as launch games. Don't bother with anymore of your bollocks plz.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By EXTomar

@hailinel said:

This is the Internet. People will become mortal enemies on the internet just to get attention.

On a serious note, what I hope happens is that sales do end up being off which makes companies ready to come back humble but ready try to get our favor back by fixing what went wrong and delivering on old and new promises. Although it might not be entirely their doing or the situation might not be that controllable, the producers and others who made decisions on Dead Rising 3 need to hear loud and clear that this is not good enough.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what people expected. Everyone throws "specs" out the window and says "wait for them to come out, specs mean nothing." Anyone that knows anything about computers can look at middle/high end GPUs these days and plainly see that the GPUs in Xbox One and PS4 use half the compute units at lower clock speeds. Add to that the DDR3 with cache crutch that the Xbox One has and the writing was on the wall months ago.

Looking at comparable GPUs on the market and their benchmarks and the kind of graphical power we need for 1080p with 16x AF 2-4X AA and nice shader effects would be something equivalent to the 7950, which is much more powerful than what these console have. This isn't even considering the low end CPU in these consoles.

I hope developers can wring more out of these over time, but don't expect miracles.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

@sasnake said:

I laugh at people who think launch titles are going to push the consoles to their limits, or make the most of the hardware...I laugh indeed.

Can I giggle at those who suggest this good enough for now? I'll be elsewhere playing games at higher resolution at higher frame rates on hardware that I lasted updated 7 months ago.

Sure, I own a high end gaming PC and have no intention of buying the new consoles, giggle away!

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dat kinect tho

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads said:

@darji said:

@artisanbreads: I think people are saying that it would have been better for the games if the Xbox One launch would have been delayed by a few months. Dead Rising is not the only game that suffers problem or missing features and most of them could be avoided by delay. Sony may have lesser exclusive titles but they look all better and seem to not suffer from games rushing out of the door. There was one game which even was delayed for the sake of more content and quality.

This game just screams rushed. Stuff like this here is no even a power issue

No Caption Provided

I totally agree this game could use more time, which makes it bizarre to take a sky is falling approach on this system. This game obviously could just use more time.

Talk to any game developer, or programmer for that matter, and they will always tell you how they wish they had more time.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The poor framerate of this game is probably more CPU bound than GPU bound which the Xbox One might actually do slightly better at given the clock speed boost. The original Dead Rising had some serious framerate issues too. Hitting more than two zombies at once would kill the framerate.

Its pretty cool how many zombies they managed to pack into the scene and its not the end of the world if it drops to 24ish with all that going on physics wise. As new tools come out that better handle having a ton of slower cores over few fast cores we should see things stabilize.

That doesn't mean I'm not disappointed by the limited power of these machines, though. I would much sooner spend $400 on new computer parts. The thing that's getting me hyped for the future is that silly little PS Vita TV.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Deranged

@marokai said:

@deranged said:

I largely disagree regarding Ryse but everyone has their own opinions. I'm not going to jump further into technical jargon because then I'd just pretend to be stating nonsense, as most people on forums do. Now, from what I've read, BF4 runs almost identically between the two versions with the only moderate( and noticeable) difference resting in XONE's anti-aliasing -- which was evidently clear through the picture comparison tool.

And hey, that's totally cool! Both versions of the game will be great, no one should be begrudged, necessarily, because they don't notice the moderate differences in graphics and performance. Everyone should be able to buy their preferred version of the game without judgment and have fun, that's what video games are all about.

However, the differences are real. The Ps4 version of BF4 runs in 900p to the XB1's 720. The Ps4 version has better anti-aliasing and ambient-occlusion. There are several bits of lighting/shadow and particle effects that are just straight-up missing from the XB1 version. The Ps4 version runs at a mildly better average framerate. These are truths. It's cool if you don't notice them and it doesn't make the XB1 version any less of a cool game! But marginalizing differences is dumb, because they're real, in many cases noticeable, and they matter to plenty of people.

This doesn't have to be an argument, it just is what it is. But if I agree not to begrudge anyone for buying technically inferior products, you have to agree to not trying to obfuscate technical differences. People keep acting so defensive about all this shit. The people who seem to be starting these kerfuffles the most are those that keep trying to pretend the differences don't exist to justify their purchases. Some versions of games are better than others, and that's totally okay. No bickering or weasel words necessary!

Hey, I never stated that they weren't real. I acknowledged as much, I just said the need that people have been pushing themselves to find these differences is a little sad really. Honestly think about it. This past gen, no one gave a shit about resolution or frame rate or anything regarding that matter. They cared about how the game played, what made games unique and how developers pushed those boundaries. Now all of a sudden, the internet is chalk full of technical experts claiming that the deciding factor has, and always will be, the resolution of launch games.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@artisanbreads: I think people are saying that it would have been better for the games if the Xbox One launch would have been delayed by a few months. Dead Rising is not the only game that suffers problem or missing features and most of them could be avoided by delay. Sony may have lesser exclusive titles but they look all better and seem to not suffer from games rushing out of the door. There was one game which even was delayed for the sake of more content and quality.

This game just screams rushed. Stuff like this here is not even a power issue

What is that picture supposed to say? I'm really confused about what's wrong with that? It's just an object spawning into the world without popping in quite as suddenly as it would have without the dithering? Unless I missed this somewhere, this would be the sort of thing that lasts about 10 frames.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty: Where did I bullshit anyone? Everything I said was true, vs A) suggesting or at least leading people to think that the game runs at 10fps (it doesn't), B) suggesting that this one game means that the entire console launch is the worst in history (either you've not been around terribly long or just hilariously blew the entire thing out of proportion), C) you've proven exactly what I was saying in your response to me: Some launch games look like ass (Gun, Perfect Dark, etc) and some look pretty good (Call of Duty 2, Kameo, etc). You wouldn't judge the 360 on Perfect Dark so don't judge the Xbone or this generation based on Dead Rising 3.

You threw the baby out with the bathwater, I said that doing so was silly. And I'm the one bullshitting people. Alrighty then.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides the framerate drops and resolution problems... Dead Rising 3 became Dynasty Warriors?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Besides the framerate drops and resolution problems... Dead Rising 3 became Dynasty Warriors?

Both games have been about fighting waves of Chinese since their inception.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrpandaman said:

The funny thing is that the producer behind the Dynasty Warriors series has actually stated that they considered doing a zombie-themed Warriors title at one point since zombies are so popular in the west.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@artisanbreads said:

@mrpandaman said:

The funny thing is that the producer behind the Dynasty Warriors series has actually stated that they considered doing a zombie-themed Warriors title at one point since zombies are so popular in the west.

That makes too much sense. It already plays that way.

I hope they step up next gen with DW.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@artisanbreads said:

@mrpandaman said:

I still argue that DW7 and 8 were significant upgrades over the PS2 generation.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@artisanbreads said:

@mrpandaman said:

I sincerely hope they take out freedom of movement and automatically move me to the next enemy whenever I press an attack button :/

BoatDrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reinforcing my decision to buy a GTX 770 with 3 free games instead of a new console (at least until they figure out how to optimize games better, which should happen eventually. Right?)

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads said:

@hailinel said:

@artisanbreads said:

@mrpandaman said:

I sincerely hope they take out freedom of movement and automatically move me to the next enemy whenever I press an attack button :/

You'd only take out enemies with one hit if you had a guy that was leveled up and were playing early stages on low difficulties. Getting what you're asking for would just leave you with a bunch of slightly injured guys ganging up on you. :P

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Game seems to run fine for what it is and looks like it should be fun. Not really sure why everyone is so worried. Now, if it's unplayable or significantly less fun because of graphical issues, then it's a problem. Of course, none of you know that yet since you haven't played it. But this is the internet, so please carry on.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing I care about when it comes to framerate is whether or not the game stutters. And I never saw any stuttering, and thus I do not care if the FPS counter measure 10 or 458776. Game looks rad. Unfortunately, I'm not getting an Xbox One, so I won't b able to play it.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If launch games were any indicator of a consoles success then the 360 would have been a failure. Does anyone actually remember how launch titles looked / performed back in the day? Look at this video of Gun and tell me that has any resemblance of a current-gen title.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course the first thing that comes to mind is how well it would have ran on a PS4 if this was multiplatform.

Second thing that comes to my mind is how smart I am skipping the "Next-Generation" launches. PC is way more flexible. I'm no longer tied to consoles for fighting games, KoF13, Injustice, Ultra SF4 all on PC. Action games like DMC and MGR:Revengeance are coming to PC. Exclusives hold less and less weight recently (Aside from Infamous Second Son, looks brilliant)

Consider me still part of the PC master race. I'll pick a PS4 when the price drops.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

You can't tell the difference between like, GTA V and Ryse? Really? Because at that point you either don't care or don't have the eyes to notice the difference.

It's probably the latter. (Then again, I haven't seen much of anything of GTAV, and the screenshots I've seen of Ryse aren't that good (in that it's the screenshots' fault and probably not the game's).) I watched a 1080p YouTube video of Second Son, and it just looks like a really good PS3 game.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thornie said:

You see. It's shit like this that makes me just say "fuck it, I'm just going to get a GTX 770" and forget these lame consoles. I REALLLLYYY want to like them, there's nothing better than a shiny new toy, but this is ridiculous.

What lame "consoles?" This is a problem with one game on the X1. Pretty much every game launching on PS4 is in 1080P minus BF4, which is in 900P.