Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

Atmosphere out the freaking wazoo.

• Guillermo Del Toro
  • Mads Mikkelsen
  • Psychedelic happenings
  • Edge of your seat music

I knew an unleashed Kojima would be something special, but this somehow still managed to surprise and excite me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

This game is going to force babies to rip off their own umbilical cords.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if my body is ready.

That shot of the planes with the rainbow in the background really is something else. Probably my favourite moment.

Edit: Worth nothing that Kojima still has a panel at PSX. I'm not expecting another video, but hopefully we'll get some further details.

tnecniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tnecniv

Needs more whales.

EDIT: Also, is this going to be a game or a movie at this point? Since it's Kojima, probably a 20/80 split?

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Published by Sony America and the Technical Producer is Mark Cerney. So I am guessing this is a PS4 exclusive without a PC port? Bummer

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Published by Sony America and the Technical Producer is Mark Cerney. So I am guessing this is a PS4 exclusive without a PC port? Bummer

What about the Knack support?

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really are throwing a lot of money at this mad man.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ezekiel

Still not intrigued. Kojima, in recent years, has tried to sell his work more on being really weird and fantastical, but stuff like this doesn't speak to me. I was skipping ahead with my keyboard. His stories haven't impressed me since the PS2 era. Just show me some gameplay.

The expensive Madds Mikkelson and the Walking Dead guy may just mean more characters barely speaking and making things awkward, like Snake in MGSV.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monetarydread said:

I thought it was console exclusive to PS4 but confirmed coming to PC as well?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Humanity

Say what you will about Kojima but the man has a vivid imagination and his trailers definitely stand apart from everything else.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PLEASE don't be an MGSV case where the trailers are infinitely more interesting than the actual game. This looks cool as shit.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

God damn it Mads is literally Geralt.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to laugh my ass off if this ends up being a match 3 game with amazing cutscenes.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Looks cool, and I hope the actual game (happens) is as inspiring and engaging as the trailer.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I can't wait to learn what the hell this game is actually about.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monetarydread said:

I thought it was console exclusive to PS4 but confirmed coming to PC as well?

http://www.pcgamer.com/kojima-productions-announces-death-stranding-starring-norman-reedus-dead-whales/

I looked into it a bit. Apparently the only confirmation of a PC version was a QA on the Kojima Productions webpage and that was summarily taken down when the news came out. It might be coming out, but how often does a Sony published game that is being worked on by SOny executives get a PC release?

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is my kind of weird. The Phantom Pain was seriously lacking in weirdness and story; I hope Death Stranding makes up for it.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thoughts:

1) What is with Mads always having jacked-up eyes?

2) The baby looked at me.

Loading Video...

VincentAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Kojima is just huffing his own farts, right? Like, literally getting high on his own supply?

I say that, but I'm still intrigued by... whatever the hell this is. Fat man with a jar baby and Madds Mikkelsen with skeleton troops? Sure, sign me up. Whatever it is, it won't be boring.

Probably.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I still think Kojima is making a story but not sure what the game is going to be really..

I still feel sad that they are making and open world coop game, I would prefer a linear story focused game with these actors. Considering how fucking awful the story was in MGS 5 and how little of it there was, I am worried.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'm looking forward to figuring out exactly what this game is in approximately 3-5 years.

Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

please do the voice acting properly this time, I don't want another quiet protagonist who barely says anything cause the guy playing him was too busy to do the vo.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By TheHT

This trailer already had me way more interested before Mads Mikkelsen showed up, and now hype levels are outta this world.

Also looks a lot more interesting than MGS or Silent Hill. Being original probably has a lot to do with that.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I am very ready for this.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sooo, I wonder if Del Toro was in there as just a silly 'hey, I'm friends with this guy now' reference, or if he's actually involved with the game on any deeper level? I just really want the guy to be involved with a game after his last two heart breaks.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maluvin said:

I'm going to laugh my ass off if this ends up being a match 3 game with amazing cutscenes.

@atwa said:

I still think Kojima is making a story but not sure what the game is going to be really..

I still feel sad that they are making and open world coop game, I would prefer a linear story focused game with these actors. Considering how fucking awful the story was in MGS 5 and how little of it there was, I am worried.

Kojima's already said it's going to be an action game. (of sorts) Sounds kind of Dark Soulsy in nature.

Loved the trailer. Looking forward to playing it in 3-5 years.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Quantris

Very intriguing and even beautiful trailer. And as expected, very very weird and full of analysis-bait. I wonder who you play as?

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quantris: Kojima tweeted that Norman Reedus is the playable character.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Redhotchilimist

I basically hadn't seen Mads Mikkelsen since the lotr movies until Doctor Strange. Between his role there and in this trailer, he's as good at looking ugly and malicious with freaky eyes as he is good at looking good.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the one hand, it tells a more understandable story than the first trailer. On the other, I found it full of incredibly predictable Kojima-symbolism (that is to say, an affiliation for war technology mixed with the biological fluid movement - especially limbs - wrapped up in a trailer that feels like a thriller film) that leaves me deflated at the idea of Kojima not actually spreading his horizons.

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhotchilimist: Wrong Dane. Viggo Mortensen was in the LOTR movies, not Mikkelsen.

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely zero clue what this game will be, but kojima hasnt let me down yet. I'd prefer the less creeper old man kojima with zoom in on basically naked lady's asses for no other reason than to be ogled.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

carpe_dmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By carpe_dmt

@ezekiel: maybe in the case of Mads, the guy will pull a snake and not talk much. but maybe that's fine, maybe he's the antagonist - it certainly seems that way - and they tend to be broody and quiet.

As for Del Toro and Reedus, they are both friends with Kojima as well as, for whatever reason, clearly committed to this project - At least in the case of Reedus. I mean, a guy like Del Toro doesn't star in a videogame unless he really really wants to. has he acted in anything before this, for that matter? I didn't know his face, I only realized he wasn't just some big dude when I read the comments and everyone was freakin' out.

I think after Konami put the Kibosh on Silent hills, after Reedus and Del Toro both publicly attached themselves and spoke at length about how much they cared about the project - This ain't about money for either of them. I think, if there's any talking in this damn game at all

( I could see him trying to branch away from the wordiest storytelling in game design by focusing on the visuals he's always been pretty good at )

then I think they'll be talking up a storm.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so happy that Kojima has been unleashed unto the world without the MGS anchor weighing him down. Now he can be weird without any requirements, callbacks, or tie-ins.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: 'Plastic arm' continues to crack me up whenever I see that image.

Kojima Productions youtube page uploaded the video themselves, far better quality and an option for 4K.

Loading Video...

Edit: A personal theory. There is a hunt happening for babies, for one reason or another. It's why Del Toro's character seems protective of the child he's carrying in the incubator(?). It's also why one of the tendrils, which I assume is coming from Mad's character, grabs a hold of the doll and drags it in. It might not know that it's not a real baby. And of course, umbilical cord like things everywhere.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pumped. I'll only play it if it comes to PC though, unless by some strange happening it releases on the Switch. But that's never going to happen.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will cost Sony so much money. What a starfucker Kojima is.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hakunin: hahah, that explains the range all right.

RickRockmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been really enjoying Simon Stålenhag's newest art book recently, and I uh, think Kojima is too.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You had me at undead WW2 soldiers

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soooo what is this? Alternate history, time travelling, corrupted future, baby snatching, safe the world, redeem your lost baby past game?

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gundogan: I mean if Guillermo Del Toro is involved maybe some horror involved

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not a big metal gear/kojima guy, but to be honest pretty much everything about this intrigued and spoke to me. it may end up being nonsensical pap but i'm typically able to enjoy weirdness for weirdnesses' sake about 90% of the time. at the very least this thing has style for miles. would love to see/hear more about it.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I mean the first trailer had a full grown naked man with a cesarean scar, you gotta go big if you want to top that.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like this is going to ruin facial animation in all other games for me, as MGSV did. And MGS2 did back in the ps2 era come to think of it.

MGSV was one of the best playing games ever made so I'm on board for whatever Kojima does next.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After this trailer I'm pretty sure there's some sneaking involved in the gameplay :)

Also, what about this theory: the Mads Mikkelsen character is the player character. You and other players are hunting down babies in a fucked up world.