Appeal a rejection

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By sarahsdad

Is there a process for appealing a wiki rejection?

My example from real life:
I put in a concept called Battle Screen. The concept idea was what happens in some rpg games where your characters wander around a world map, and then when they get into a fight, they get taken to a separate battlefield.
Now, the mods are damn quick these days, and I got an email I think within the hour that the concept had been rejected. There was a quick comment:

Moderator Comment: Just add it to the Turn-Based concept.
And while it's true that most combats like this are turn based, not all turn based combats take the characters from a world map to a specific battle area.
So I've added the few games I was thinking of (Brave Story, Valhalla Knights I & II) to Turn-Based for the time being, but would really like to have that alternate concept instead.
Any higher board, or committee to appeal to?
Djungelurban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Djungelurban

Yeah, good point... Not all battle screen games are turn based or vice verse.  Just to name one example we have Star Ocean.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By thebeast

When I reject I will always leave a detailed comment and my name in the rejection comment so that you know who to contact should you wish to discuss your rejection.
Generally, if someone makes a valid argument, I'll have them resubmit and I'll ensure it gets approved.

Otherwise, your best bet is to post here where we can re-review your submission, or PM your argument to one of us so we can give you a better reason, or make sure it gets through next time.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sarahsdad

Cool, thanks for the feedback. There wasn't a name attached to the Mod comment, so I'll re-post the basic idea here.

Concept:

Battle Screen

Idea:

A Battle Screen is a separate battlefield area that characters are taken to when an encounter starts; while the battlefield area may resemble the area that the characters were just in, it very often has a specific boundary that the players either cannot leave, or can only leave if they agree to forfeit the particular fight. This is most often used in RPG games where the characters are represented as walking around a world map until such an encounter.
risseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By risseless

I support this concept. Fallout 1 and 2 both have this and I'd link them if the concept exists.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By thebeast

If I understand you correclly this is referring to games such as Final Fantasy where you are removed from your 'world' view and taken in to a combat view?
If so, although I find it hard to believe it's not already listed under a different name, it seems like a perfectly valid concept.

risseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By risseless

That is the way I understood it. In the Fallout games, travelling on the world map has a chance of random encounters which will happen on a small map specific to that encounter/combat with exit squares along the edges that return you to the world map.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sarahsdad
TheBeast said:
"If I understand you correclly this is referring to games such as Final Fantasy where you are removed from your 'world' view and taken in to a combat view?
If so, although I find it hard to believe it's not already listed under a different name, it seems like a perfectly valid concept."
Yeah it's weird, I was surprised to, but I couldn't find anything in the C's for combat, or B's for battle. In the meantime, I've re-submitted with the following:

Concept:

Battle Screen

Description:

A Battle Screen is a separate battlefield area that characters are taken to when an encounter starts; while the battlefield area may resemble the area that the characters were just in, it very often has a specific boundary that the players either cannot leave, or can only leave if they agree to forfeit the particular fight. This is most often used in RPG games where the characters are represented as walking around a world map until such an encounter.

Reason:

This covers a particular combat mechanic used in games like Final Fantasy, Valhalla Knights, and Star Ocean to name a few. While it's true that these games use mostly turn based combat, there are plenty of games with turn based battle systems that do not use this mechanic.

And the pic to go with it:
caption
caption

P.S. (Thanks to Djungelurban for the mention of Star Ocean)
sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sarahsdad

Not sure who approved it, but the concept went through. Thanks all :)

I added Brave story and valhalla knights, but leave the rest up to intrepid, uhm, intrepid people.

AxeMeTender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By AxeMeTender

Also I have Wrath Unleashed which is an Archon tribute that uses the "Battle Screen" concept for realtime fights outside a chess-like manouvering game.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sarahsdad

Dude, that game looks really cool.

risseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By risseless

I added this for Fallout 2. Good idea.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By xruntime

Does Pokemon count as a battle screen? You're taken to a different interface for battle, although the location is assumed to be the same place.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Axersia

A battle screen is a battle screen, so yes, Pokemon counts.

afriskydingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By afriskydingo

i have had about 5 new pages rejected with no reason.  do they give you a reason?  I can't find it.  no pms or anything.  would be nice.  i tried to create a new page for voice commands.  rejected.  someone else put it up a week later.  wtf?  why was mine rejected and theirs ok'd. no reason.  i tried to create a page for the new magic the gathering xbla game.  it has been announced.  i read it in the gaming press.  denied to create the page.  WTF?  3 or 4 more like that.  no reason given, just rejected and no explaination.  if they would just say why i wouldn't have to put so much effort into crap just to see it rejected if i am not doing something right.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#16  Edited By LordAndrew
afriskydingo said:
"i have had about 5 new pages rejected with no reason.  do they give you a reason?  I can't find it.  no pms or anything.  would be nice.  i tried to create a new page for voice commands.  rejected.  someone else put it up a week later.  wtf?  why was mine rejected and theirs ok'd. no reason.  i tried to create a page for the new magic the gathering xbla game.  it has been announced.  i read it in the gaming press.  denied to create the page.  WTF?  3 or 4 more like that.  no reason given, just rejected and no explaination.  if they would just say why i wouldn't have to put so much effort into crap just to see it rejected if i am not doing something right."
As previously mentioned in this thread, it goes to your e-mail address. Check your e-mail. The reason should be in there.
You may need to check your junk mail folder.
afriskydingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By afriskydingo
LordAndrew said:
"afriskydingo said:
"i have had about 5 new pages rejected with no reason.  do they give you a reason?  I can't find it.  no pms or anything.  would be nice.  i tried to create a new page for voice commands.  rejected.  someone else put it up a week later.  wtf?  why was mine rejected and theirs ok'd. no reason.  i tried to create a page for the new magic the gathering xbla game.  it has been announced.  i read it in the gaming press.  denied to create the page.  WTF?  3 or 4 more like that.  no reason given, just rejected and no explaination.  if they would just say why i wouldn't have to put so much effort into crap just to see it rejected if i am not doing something right."
As previously mentioned in this thread, it goes to your e-mail address. Check your e-mail. The reason should be in there.
You may need to check your junk mail folder."
ah your right.  it's in my spam.  i've gotten all emails from giantbomb except these.  please excuse my ignorance.