Best browser to edit pages with?

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NoXious

I'm a fan of Opera, and recently I have gotten an itch to fill up some of my favorite games.I can't edit a page in Opera whatsoever.
I've used Internet Explorer 7 for a whole 1 submission, but it doesn't feel like a good experience at all.

What browser do most of you guys use and how would you rate the experience with that particular browser? Firefox ? IE8 ?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

I use the latest version of Firefox and whenever I edit everything works smoothly

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MeierTheRed

My browser of choice is Safari (on a Mac) Tried it on a Windows machine a few times, but hated it there.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mordukai

I learned the hard way that if you want to edit pages you'd better do it on some independent program then copy and paste it.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MeierTheRed
@Mordukai said:
" I learned the hard way that if you want to edit pages you'd better do it on some independent program then copy and paste it. "
That is the truth, always do your edits in a app like notepad (win) or TextEdit (mac), you will hate your self if the browser crashes on you, and you loose all of your hard work.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew

For Giant Bomb, anything other than Internet Explorer should do the job well enough.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

I usually use Firefox for everything BUT editing on Giant Bomb. Lately, it has gotten very slow and laggy when I use that. Instead, I use Safari 4 for editing and it works great.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CL60

I use Firefox.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#9  Edited By citizenkane

Firefox and Safari have worked great for me when I edit Wiki pages.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By dethfish

I was using IE but editing stuff didn't work so well. I've used Firefox for a couple of edits now and it's worked fine.

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By C2C

I like to use Firefox for editing.  Chrome sometimes doesn't like editing the pages for some reason.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By brukaoru

Firefox has worked fine for me. Using Internet Explorer is not a very good choice for editing since the developers have not optimized GiantBomb for IE.

Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aeterna

Chrome works fine for me.

Anarchist4Eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Anarchist4Eva

Chrome works fine. But the best method is to do the edits in seperate program then upload them for sure.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Daryl

Not optimized for IE? Weird, thought that'd be quite an important thing to do lol.

KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By KillaMaStA

Notepad dude. Ive had the wiki editing thing crash multiple times which is real bad when youve been writing for an hour.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#17  Edited By LordAndrew
@Daryl said:
" Not optimized for IE? Weird, thought that'd be quite an important thing to do lol. "
I think the amount of traffic they get from Internet Explorer users isn't as high as it is on other sites. Plus, I'm pretty sure they use Macs most of the time, which makes it difficult to test the site thoroughly in various versions of Internet Explorer.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18  Edited By natetodamax

I use Firefox, but it's a dangerous option due to it crashing at random times.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 103

#19  Edited By Marino  Staff

Been using Firefox until last week when I figured I'd try out Chrome.  Works fine except that the drop down animation for things like people/location/concepts/objects tabs gets stuck and you can't see past the first one.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xMP44x

I found Firefox to be the best browser for editing. I used Chrome, but it glitches when you make a title in a page. You have to make the title, and then press 'Ctrl+Z'. It'll duplicate the text, but you can edit it normally. 

Whenever I try and copy and paste something from Notepad into GiantBomb, it appears darker than text I've actually typed on the site - is it meant to do that?

raddevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By raddevon
@xMP44x said:
"Whenever I try and copy and paste something from Notepad into GiantBomb, it appears darker than text I've actually typed on the site - is it meant to do that? "
Is that Notepad or Wordpad? I'm guessing that copying from Wordpad (or anything that supports rich text) would also copy formatting which would probably result in black text being copied to the site. If you use Notepad, it is plain text only so you shouldn't have the same problem.
xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xMP44x
@raddevon said:
Is that Notepad or Wordpad? I'm guessing that copying from Wordpad (or anything that supports rich text) would also copy formatting which would probably result in black text being copied to the site. If you use Notepad, it is plain text only so you shouldn't have the same problem. "
You're right! I tried it in Wordpad, and got black text. I tried again in Notepad and it worked perfectly. Thanks :)
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Karl_Boss

I use Firefox and everything works just fine.

biggblack86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By biggblack86

i dont see whats wrong with firefox. its true that it sucks when your shit crashes on you when you edit. but it hasnt happend to me in quite some time (talking years) with firefox. so its all good baby...