Combine: CD Projekt Sp. z o.o. and CD Projekt Red Sp. z o.o.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 52

#1  Edited By tearhead

I believe the pages CD Projekt Sp. z o.o. and CD Project Red Sp. z o.o. should be combined into a new page simply called CD Projekt. Now that there are tabs for games developed and published by the same company, this differentiation is pretty meaningless. Also, the "Sp. z o.o." part should be taken off the title as it is now CD Projekt S.A. and these initials represent legal titles in Poland that I feel can be detailed in the body of the page instead.

bassguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Shouldn’t there still be a distinction on the wiki between CD Projekt (the parent company) and CD Projekt Red (the Dev team)?

It’s much like a Bethesda Softworks/Bethesda Games Studio distinction.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#3  Edited By tearhead

@bassguy said:

Shouldn’t there still be a distinction on the wiki between CD Projekt (the parent company) and CD Projekt Red (the Dev team)?

It’s much like a Bethesda Softworks/Bethesda Games Studio distinction.

I would've agreed with this a few years back, but the lines seem to be burred even on their official website. Most of their games these days are both developed and published by CD Projekt RED. Here is a quote directly from their website:

"The CD PROJEKT RED studio, founded in 2002, develops and publishes videogames for the world's leading hardware platforms: Sony PlayStation, Microsoft Xbox and personal computers running Windows or OS X"

bassguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

But CD Projekt is still a separate entity. For example, GOG is part of the CD Projekt group that isn’t directly related to CD Projekt Red.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

the "right" way would be to keep them separate as they are distinct entities but this wiki loves to oversimplify things so that's how it'll end up probably.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#6 Marino  Staff

@def: I already handled this 2 weeks ago. But thanks for the commentary.