dead v-rally 99 page in the search db...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

https://www.giantbomb.com/v-rally-edition-99/3030-2016/

please kill it for good.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

This is far from the only culprit. There's ghosts of tooooons of dead articles.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reverendhunt: yup ... I wish they could find these via some cleansing script so we don't have to report every single ghost entry ourselves. really annoying. just as the inaccurate platform tags in the insta-search-result field...

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By reverendhunt

@def said:

@reverendhunt: yup ... I wish they could find these via some cleansing script so we don't have to report every single ghost entry ourselves. really annoying. just as the inaccurate platform tags in the insta-search-result field...

What bugs me is when you accidentally add one of these ghosts to an article. It just goes "oops something broke" and then discards all of the work you did... no mention of what went wrong, no way to save anything that you just did. I've had entire nights wasted by this.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reverendhunt: it's bugs like these, that have existed for months and months or years that really kill the fun in contributing here. :/

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

There are a lot of dead pages that show up in search. It's kinda bad - search in general is kinda bad. The engineers are definitely aware of search having a lot of problems, so I guess we just have to hope they have time to address them at some point.